Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-16-2016, 07:42 PM

Default Crazy

So this afternoon I was driving back to Whitecourt on Hwy 32.

As I am approaching Groat Creek, I see a van stopped and a person on the shoulder of the road, with arms extended.

I figured they were stopped taking a picture of something...

The way they had stopped, they hadn't gotten over very far, so I had to slow to pass their vehicle... then I realize the person is not holding a camera... it's a rifle.

I was slowed to ~80kmh to go by them, and like 30 yards distance and BOOM!! the person takes a shot at something that's just inside the trees across the fenceline.

HOLY CRAP!!

Right off the edge of the highway!?

With me basically on top of them!? And a vehicle behind me also as witness!?

That is the definition of out of control. Crazy.
"Placed correctly Swift A-Frames will reliably kill big bears. So will North Forks, Nosler Partitions, Barnes TSX, Kodiaks, Woodleighs, GS soft points, Hornady Interbonds and Speer Grand Slams - and if I missed your favorite bullet -it probably will too.
It's time to go hunting and quit all this ballistic masturbation."

Phil Shoemaker
Old 11-16-2016, 08:05 PM

Now there is a reason to call the RAP line.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:20 PM

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=307578
Old 11-16-2016, 09:27 PM
Banned

id pull over and dial 911.. mention a lunatic shooting off the highway.. cant make it out but you think its at people..

Police would be there pretty quick.. and you wouldnt be stretching the truth too much...
Old 11-17-2016, 08:55 AM

Default Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
id pull over and dial 911.. mention a lunatic shooting off the highway.. cant make it out but you think its at people..

Police would be there pretty quick.. and you wouldnt be stretching the truth too much...
Hell i would pull over call the cops and trail that SOB!! as long as it takes till the cops put him or her's ass! in jail. Ya as if that would happen Lunatic that needs a WOW!
Old 11-17-2016, 12:37 PM

Call the cops people like that are the one's that give us all a bad name.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:30 PM

In fact I did call it in.

F&W officer went out there, but the offenders got away.

He did see the white van, it passed him on the highway. I guess because they had already left the shooting site, he didn't have cause to stop them? Or something like that.

I'm guessing they shot a whitetail doe, loaded it and hightailed it out of there.
"Placed correctly Swift A-Frames will reliably kill big bears. So will North Forks, Nosler Partitions, Barnes TSX, Kodiaks, Woodleighs, GS soft points, Hornady Interbonds and Speer Grand Slams - and if I missed your favorite bullet -it probably will too.

Phil Shoemaker
Old 11-18-2016, 08:44 PM

And if you believe that one from f&w then he would never stop anyone that's road hunting iether. Or the hiway check stops. He never got there till it was to late and they were at home already is more like it. They think we're all mushrooms and all guilty
Old 11-18-2016, 10:07 PM

i like your signature qoute...
yea ive seen my share of idiots with guns in my 5 years of shooting. poor education or ignorance or no common sense. especially in your story. i wouldnt have stopped till the perp was in the field getting the animal. no point ****ing someone off on the side of a highway... especially when they have the bigger club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonical View Post
In fact I did call it in.

F&W officer went out there, but the offenders got away.

He did see the white van, it passed him on the highway. I guess because they had already left the shooting site, he didn't have cause to stop them? Or something like that.

I'm guessing they shot a whitetail doe, loaded it and hightailed it out of there.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:36 PM

Well the thing is I was completely shocked by what happened. I would never have believed a person could be so brazen as to shoot, on the highway, with multiple witnesses there.

There was me, a big truck right behind me, and also a vehicle pulled out at the Groat Creek loop road.
So when this happened I continued and immediately began debating with myself as to what was the right thing to do.

And so I called F&W.

Best I could do.

Phil Shoemaker