Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-22-2013, 05:11 PM

Default Calgary Bed Bug Removal company recommendation

Hi all,

I think my home got infected by bed bug.

Can anyone recommend a good Bed Bug Removal company in Calgary area? I try to search reviews on google but there is not much result

Thank you all
Old 11-22-2013, 05:41 PM

Cal rid exterminators family owned since 1958 403)233-0646
Old 11-22-2013, 06:05 PM

Abell pest control
Old 11-22-2013, 06:22 PM

How do you think they got into your house?

Apparently all it takes is one night in a hotel room that's infected. Some of the best hotels are infected.

Anyhow, the bugs & the eggs they laid after feeding on you or the previous guest hitch a ride in your clothes, your luggage. Because of their short life cycle, you need to get rid of the adults & their eggs too.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:57 PM

I work in camp, and although I've never been nailed, the wife has pretty strict rules...

In these temperatures, my bag stays outside (in summer, in the freezer). I take what I need (cell charger etc) and they are low risk items (preferably frozen before taken into the house). When warm (I live in the country) it's strip outside, and all clothes into the washer. In winter, it's shoes stay outside, and straight into the laundry room. Clothes immediately in the washing machine, me into the shower.

I've been blown away by the total absense of education available...
Old 11-22-2013, 09:01 PM

Default Call Abel

Call Abel pest control. I am in the bed business and hear all the stories. We even have traps all around the office just in case the guys get them coming back in their clothes etc. They know how to get rid of them. Not a nice thing to have either from stories I have heard. Some places takes years especially apts and condos etc. where they can migrate. If you do have them go for the best you can or they will haunt you for a long time. Check the web as there is also a map of where they have been found in your city and towns. We won't even deliver if on the map. Leave it on the steps and go.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardFishingMan View Post
Hi all,

I think my home got infected by bed bug.

Can anyone recommend a good Bed Bug Removal company in Calgary area? I try to search reviews on google but there is not much result

Thank you all
For a month or so I had more and more itchy bug bites. It was the summer so I assumed Mosquitos. After I counted 50+ bites all over my body, i knew there was a problem. My school backpack was sitting on the floor near my bed, and I saw a very small brown speck on it. I got a weird feeling and flicked it onto my bed. The "speck" started running in circles... You can be sure up have bedbugs by looking in your mattress seams especially next to the wall.

I immediately got professional help, they came and heat treated my bed/curtains, dresser. A chemical spray was used on all of the baseboards in the house. It cost me $400 and I have been bite free for 6 months.

Good luck! It sure is a sick feeling when you have creatures feeding on you at night!