Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-16-2013, 07:27 AM

Default Ski Pulks

Just wondering if anybody knows of a place that sells ski pulks in central alberta? I'm planning on a few winter camping treks and would like to check some of these out. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Gone Fishing

You can check out this link, it might be what you want. There are a whole whack of Pulk manufacturers, however as you will see they can be quite pricey.
The alternative is to build your own.

http://skipulk.com/index.php/product...ipper-skipulks
Old 11-16-2013, 08:35 AM

Thanks, I have already checked out their site. I really like the Paris System and have read good reviews about it on other sites, it even squeaks in under my price ceiling. Was hoping to find a local dealer to look at them in person.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:02 AM

Mike I go the ticket for ya! At search and Rescue we wanted them for rescue and ski trips. After all the Internet stuff the obvious was the Paris expedition sled. We found that Paris was bought by Era down east. We got the runaround for almost a year and finally one employee told us to order them from Home hardware! I went to Home. In Rocky here and special ordered 6 EraPro Expedition sleds right through their distribution Centre. It's not a regularly stocked sled so they ordered it right from Era. Era makes all the kids sleds and snow shovels. We didn't have to pay any shipping and the final price was 35.00! You will need to build your own rigging. If you want to use fiberglass poles like in skipulk.com you can get them from Margo Supplies in High River.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:13 PM

I've built a couple of my own. I actually have a PDF that gives you instructions for making a couple different types. I don't think there's a way to send PDFs via forum. If you pm me your e-mail address, I'd be happy to send it to you if you want it.

HK
Old 11-16-2013, 07:14 PM

Thanks for the Home Hardware tip, I'll phone the local one Monday. I'd also like to check out the do it yourself method. Pm sent.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:14 PM

The do it yourself method still requires the sled, that's where Home Hardware comes in. I got my Heim joints and other hardware for the rigging from Princess Auto. The Paris Expedition sled is the only way to go and for $35.00 you can't go wrong.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:15 AM

Norsemanski in calgary carry a couple of models, but I'd call ahead to make sure they actually have inventory before making a trip. 403-249-5451.