Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Banned

Default Please help the Windmill Theatre Players.

The Windmill Theatre Players in High River have lost nearly all of their customes, props etc. due to the High River flood this past June. They are an amateur theatre group who puts on their shows at the Memorial Center in High River. For the past many years, they have entertained audiences from all corners of the province with many well known and entertaining plays. Their scheduled fall production of " The Ditzy Chaperone" had to be cancelled due to the unfortunate disaster. But, as they say "the show must go on". My wife who is an avid and long time actress/singer with this group has asked that I post this.

In place of "the Ditzy Chaperone" being cancelled, they will be putting on a variety show, something along the line of the beloved "Carol Burnet" show. Shows will be on November 22 and 23 at 7:30pm. And on November 24 at 2:00pm. Admission cost is by donation, no fixed price. You can pay at the door or contact Celia Penman @ (403) 652-7913 to reserve tickets.

The Windmill Theatre provides funds for aspiring actors/actresses and also provides good wholesome entertainment for all ages. Your participation would very much help them get back on their feet.

Should you need more info, please don't hesitate to PM me.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:58 PM

'Diver! Here's one for you. You love the showtunes! Hear you do a wicked Liza Minelli. LOL

now just sitting back waiting...
Old 10-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
'Diver! Here's one for you. You love the showtunes! Hear you do a wicked Liza Minelli. LOL

now just sitting back waiting...
Here's one for you Oky. Will we see you and Diver there? would surely be nice to meet you guys at such a worthy fundraiser.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:04 PM

I dunno... LOL But I will say that there is a strong community theatre tradition in the foothills between High River, Okotoks, Black Diamond. It would probably be good.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I dunno... LOL But I will say that there is a strong community theatre tradition in the foothills between High River, Okotoks, Black Diamond. It would probably be good.
Yes, Ed Sands, my chiroprator is a member of the Okotoks Theatre group. And you are absolutely right. It would be nice to meet up with you guys in a more....shall we say 'refined" crowd. I do look forward to it.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:53 AM
Banned

My good friend Browntrout and I attended yesterday's showing of the variety show at the Memorial Center in High River. Over the years, I've attended nearly all plays put on by Windmill Theatre Players. This latest showing stands out as one of the most entertaining and hilarious ones that I've seen. In spite of their losses of costumes and props, the Windmill performed superbly with all proceeds going to flood relief and scholarships. There will be one more show today at 2:00 PM. Entree fee is by donation, if you can make the time, I highly recommend it as good family entertainment.

The show comprises a series of skits aimed at the burden of the flood, the appreciation for the volunteers and the tightness of the community during recovery. A barber shop quartet provided some great music and a lot of laughs. A local artist who recently cut a CD made an appearances with a performance of her song dedicated to the flood, very nice indeed.

Last edited by gitrdun; 11-24-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:41 AM

I had a fantastic time last night at the windmill theatre. Lots of laughs and entertainment. I was very happy to be invited to the performance by Gitrdun.

If you have time today go see it.