Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Banned

Oh you guys,,, seriously, the muslim community had no involvement in this recruitment method,, it's a way to get young women of muslim edmontonian faith to think about career options. And, as mentioned on another thread, a young muslim woman will have more impact on the community, especially the fundamentalists who are opposed to women in these roles.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gust View Post
Oh you guys,,, seriously, the muslim community had no involvement in this recruitment method,, it's a way to get young women of muslim edmontonian faith to think about career options. And, as mentioned on another thread, a young muslim woman will have more impact on the community, especially the fundamentalists who are opposed to women in these roles.
Who really cares if muslim women become police? If not a part of affirmative action, then why make a change to a uniform to accommodate.

Yes it's a recruitment tool, but yet another change that we have to accept. The RCMP uniform "was" uniform - now it's accommodating different cultures - the turban is NOT a religious symbol. They pushed for the turban to be accepted as part of the uniform because they could.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Who really cares if muslim women become police? If not a part of affirmative action, then why make a change to a uniform to accommodate.

Yes it's a recruitment tool, but yet another change that we have to accept. The RCMP uniform "was" uniform - now it's accommodating different cultures - the turban is NOT a religious symbol. They pushed for the turban to be accepted as part of the uniform because they could.
For me it depends if they are making a new uniform or just permit them to wear a scarf. If they just permit them to wear a scarf, I have no issue with it.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
The RCMP uniform "was" uniform - now it's accommodating different cultures - the turban is NOT a religious symbol. They pushed for the turban to be accepted as part of the uniform because they could.
Wrong.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:55 AM
Banned

Quote:

Wearing turbans is common among Sikhs, who refer to it as a Dastar. In certain other faith communities, the headgear also serves as a religious observance, including among Muslims, who regard turban-wearing as Sunnah Mu'akkadah
Old 11-23-2013, 07:22 AM

We try to appease everyone at once, got for the sympathizer's go to there country and take canadian values there ah it's not going to happen. My wife has a friend who nursed in the Middle East before she got off the plane the gave her a berka because the religious police look for people not dressed to there customery attire but yeah they come here and demand this wow I guess it's true Canada has lost it's back bone.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:31 AM

they don't have to wear a burka, its a cultural thing more than a religion thing. muslims in syria or lebanon usually don't have one , during saddams time in iraq it was rare among sunni's .africans an gulf countries wear them ,but women aren't allowed to drive or go outside alone either .years ago pakistan had a women prime minister and she didn't always wear one . so i say leave your cultural crap at home , you don't see ukrainian cops wearing babooshka hats and rubber boots to work do you ?
Old 11-23-2013, 08:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herleboy View Post
We try to appease everyone at once, got for the sympathizer's go to there country and take canadian values there ah it's not going to happen. My wife has a friend who nursed in the Middle East before she got off the plane the gave her a berka because the religious police look for people not dressed to there customery attire but yeah they come here and demand this wow I guess it's true Canada has lost it's back bone.
What if "there" country is canada and they didn't "take" anything.

You guys assume if so done is wearing a turban or burqa that they are foreigners. That's not always true some of these people are born and bred Canadians.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpete1 View Post
they don't have to wear a burka, its a cultural thing more than a religion thing. muslims in syria or lebanon usually don't have one , during saddams time in iraq it was rare among sunni's .africans an gulf countries wear them ,but women aren't allowed to drive or go outside alone either .years ago pakistan had a women prime minister and she didn't always wear one . so i say leave your cultural crap at home , you don't see ukrainian cops wearing babooshka hats and rubber boots to work do you ?
Ukrainian men wear babooshka's ?
Old 11-23-2013, 08:29 AM

Just think of all the under cover cop possibilities. You are dealing drugs and the lady in the burka is near by. You start to pull out a gun and you don't even hear the clicks as a semi starts pouring bullets your way from under the burka.

Ingenious. They could even hide two or more cops under one burka.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-23-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
Yea turbans should of never been allowed to be worn if your going to be a cop, I do not take them serious, and just tell them I want to talk to a non religious officer. They get ****ed but they do it.

Modern day society is circulating the gutter with allowing religion to dictate laws,
Hmmm. Sounds like you have underlying problems and not them. Why on earth should you need to ask to talk with someone else?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-23-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
What if "there" country is canada and they didn't "take" anything.

You guys assume if so done is wearing a turban or burqa that they are foreigners. That's not always true some of these people are born and bred Canadians.
Personally, I could care less what anybody wears, that is their right. But when somebody wants to change our heritage and traditions, then I have a problem. Eg, rcmp/police uniforms.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdad013 View Post
Personally, I could care less what anybody wears, that is their right. But when somebody wants to change our heritage and traditions, then I have a problem. Eg, rcmp/police uniforms.
What's our heritage ?
Old 11-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskra View Post
Is your brain matching your avatar? "but honestly who cares what religion you are, everyone is equally the same". If you are right then why do we have police dressed in ethnic symbols. We have Canadian standards for years, so if "everyone is equally the same" why some wants to be different.
Is not the regular uniform...pants, shirt, jacket and cap or hat an ethnic symbol?
Old 11-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
Yes, but 95% of those who came here from somewhere else aren't the ones trying to change our nation.
You are right... that job was done by our ancestors.