Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-23-2013, 06:52 AM

Default Calphalon Knives

Anybody have a set or experience with them? How do you like them? Where are they made? Any other suggestions on a decent set of kitchen knives in the $200-250 range? Looking for a set for the mother and father in law for Xmas.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:40 AM

If I remember right when I did my research I came up with sort of mixed reviews on them. I personally ended up going with Wusthof Grand Prix II and really like them. You mostly get what you pay for where knives are concerned. Victorinox is generally considered a good value brand.

It is generally true what they say, that you don't really need a big set. I find myself using the chef knife and 6" utility knife about 90% of the time. The bread knife gets used maybe 5% and the fillet knife I bought to match would be the other 5%.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:27 AM

I would buy a higher end set of knifes. I use the Zwilling J.A. Henckels Professional S and don't intend on replacing them in my lifetime.

The knifes can be expensive if you don't know where to go. my go to place for kitchen supplies is the link below, I stopped buying this sort of stuff in Canada years ago. Lots of great quality products at a fraction of the prices in Canada.

http://www.cutleryandmore.com