Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-23-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric2381 View Post
It's already BS how the bow hunters are required to buy a separate archery license. Rifle hunters don't have to buy a tag and a rifle hunting permit.
The purchasing of a Bowhunters Permit was actually spear-headed by the ABA from what I recall.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:37 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
The purchasing of a Bowhunters Permit was actually spear-headed by the ABA from what I recall.
Yup so they could accurately track bowhunter numbers.

Last edited by sheephunter; 06-23-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:43 PM
sheephunter

Not really pointing any fingers or saying it's right or wrong but I do find it a bit amusing that some of those that are the most upset seem to also think it's unfair that non-residents can get a tag every year without going through the draw process and that they are getting more than the 10% cap yet they feel it's okay that bowhunters can get a tag every year while 85% of the hunting population must wait long periods in the draw and that it also okay to get more than the 15% cap. You must admit there is a bit od hypocracy here. I know, everyone could become a bow hunter if they weren't so lazy and pathetic but I guess everyone could become a non-resident too.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Not really pointing any fingers or saying it's right or wrong but I do find it a bit amusing that some of those that are the most upset seem to also think it's unfair that non-residents can get a tag every year without going through the draw process and that they are getting more than the 10% cap yet they feel it's okay that bowhunters can get a tag every year while 85% of the hunting population must wait long periods in the draw and that it also okay to get more than the 15% cap. You must admit there is a bit od hypocracy here. I know, everyone could become a bow hunter if they weren't so lazy and pathetic but I guess everyone could become a non-resident too.
That first sentence is huge !...lol I mean looooong lol ( a second language guy has to get his shots in on the writer, when he can . lol )

If non residents means that you should be able to hunt as much as you can afford!Then there is a small minority of people that would agree that residents should have the same oppoturnity!

The last thing we need is the dollar to dicate the hunting oppoturnity here!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
I don't think it's hypocritical at all, Albertans should be served first, if there is not enough to go around, then there sure as heck shouldn't be a non resident hunting it. But hey it's Alberta, the only rule is the guy with the money makes the rules. Pretty sad when a non resident special interest group gets served before a resident, and the money part of it rings pretty hollow. All these supposed benefits for all Albertans, bull pucky, a few making money on what is a sideline. All the "money" in Alberta supports it because they fear they will be penalized in other markets, and not be able to hunt out of province. I don't care whether they can or not, in my Alberta money doesn't buy everything, and not everything has a price tag hanging off it.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
Yup, but a vast majority of bowhunters don't even complain about it, they just pay and go ! I wonder what the response would be from the rifle guys if they had to pay a rifle permit every year !

Maybe Srd could impose something like on rifle guys. And get funds allocated to places that need help inisde our system !
Old 06-23-2012, 03:58 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Yup, but a vast majority of bowhunters don't even complain about it, they just pay and go ! I wonder what the response would be from the rifle guys if they had to pay a rifle permit every year !

Maybe Srd could impose something like on rifle guys. And get funds allocated to places that need help inisde our system !
Actually virtually none of the bowhunting licence fees goes to the government either so a similar rifle licence would bring ESRD no more money
Old 06-23-2012, 04:00 PM

Whoever helped set-up and implement the draw system and decided that no money from it should go back into the resource is a true moron.....IMHO.

LC
Old 06-23-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Actually virtually none of the bowhunting licence fees goes to the government either so a similar rifle licence would bring ESRD no more money
I understand that, but there are area's within Ibm and the draw system that could use the money to make parts of that system more efficient!