Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-11-2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
SNS2 you know I have been to hell and back with my accident then my brain hemorrhage that I over came, so my night's on the town and going missing is something I wish I could do ,but I can't.

And yes I may end up on the weed piils or whatever, but if I can get a clean bill of health the odd night on the town is good for the soul and my wife comes along with me.haha

Cheers
JD
Dude, life is way too short not to enjoy. Going on a heater every once in a while I would say is A-OK for my boy, JD!
Old 01-11-2020, 01:22 PM

I wish I could go back in time and sub every ounce of liquor I've poured down my throat with a toke. Life would have been so much easier.

Those who can expound the virtues of alcohol vs pot are somewhere out there circling the cosmos. Because one was legal and one wasn't this somehow makes one more virtuous? Amusing.

Alcohol is, always has been, and always will be, far more destructive to human life than pot could ever hope to be, and I neither advocate or condemn either one.

Lots of ostritches on AO it seems. Several dinosaurs as well.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:45 PM

My first few years on the rig we drank and we drank VERY hard. I would estimate that for a few years I would be hungover or buzzed 5 days a week. It was the lifestyle. Always had a case ready for the ride home and would offten drive an hour out of the way to hit the next bar or liquor store. I thank god non of us ever ended up killing an innocent person or having a bad wreck.

I've seen more than a few hands get in fights or get fired in the bars. I showed up to the rig with my fair share of bar fight injuries. I once fell over infront of the company man while going to put a boot on. I did a lot of stupid things and hurt a lot of good people but I always despised "Pot heads".

As time went on and I got a rig crew of my own, it seemed less and less of them were into the drinking/bar and more were into smoking pot. I still hated pot and even fired a guy for having it with him at work (I probably had a case in my truck).
As time went on I started to see a pattern with this new crew of "pot heads" they were always on time for work, showed up well rested, were never fighting in the rooms or getting us booted from hotels, Always showed up fit for duty (they didn't smoke before or at work). Never called me late in the night to talk about their problems and weren't constantly fighting with their wives on the phone. I got to the point that I much rathered my guys would have a smoke after work and play video games until 9 than shut the bar down at three and show up to work still gooned.

I admit we were VERY stupid back then and like I said we were lucky we never killed anyone. I'm just being honest and telling it how it was and what I observed.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:15 PM

All fun in light moderation. I see it no different than drinking. Once or twice a week with a buddy or a few is all good. Doing it everday at any given opportunity is when you have a problem.

That said, one of my best buddies who has his life figured out/put together arguably better than anyone I know my age (in a doctorate program, works out and is shredded, super nice and outgoing, really hardworking, successful at everything he does) is also one of the biggest pot heads I know, at one point in undergrad it was like any chance he had he'd get baked. But he functions like a superhuman on it, he'll get baked and study for hours then go lift weights at the gym. Can't say I have ever heard an alcoholic that can say the same.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
So you are stone cold sober when you have your parties with all the women??? I couldn't help myself
Lol

Someone has to be....goodness knows they arent....
Old 01-11-2020, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Dude, life is way too short not to enjoy. Going on a heater every once in a while I would say is A-OK for my boy, JD!
When I say going out on the town with my wife, i mean supper, a few drinks and we use to go dancing when we were younger, so once in a while I take her to decent place and dance for an hour .I started doing this again about ten years ago,hopefully for a couple more decades I can keep up with this routine even when I am 80 or 85.

I'M no FRED ASTAIRE but I do enjoy seeing her happy, so I do it sober now,so there's no heater dude.

I don't need weed or booze or any crutch to lean on because I realized decades ago that addictions were not a disease and it can be controlled as long as you want to control it.

As for medical weed or whoever thinks it helps them I think it's all good.

What I hated about both was seeing my whole crew on the pipeline stoned 24/7 I was on and that in my eyes will never be right, but I have no bones with anyone who wants to smoke or take a drink on there free time .

I truly think that if you respect yourself and others no one really cares about the weed or the booze and yes booze is the most dangerous one of the two, destroyed more lives and families then I can count.

JD

Last edited by JD848; 01-11-2020 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:04 AM

When sparkle sox shut down mail order edibles I had no choice but to make my own. I will purchase online edibles when they become legal again but will continue to make my tax free chocolates so I can get a pain free night's sleep.
Necessity truly is the mother of invention.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
I wish I could go back in time and sub every ounce of liquor I've poured down my throat with a toke. Life would have been so much easier.

Those who can expound the virtues of alcohol vs pot are somewhere out there circling the cosmos. Because one was legal and one wasn't this somehow makes one more virtuous? Amusing.

Alcohol is, always has been, and always will be, far more destructive to human life than pot could ever hope to be, and I neither advocate or condemn either one.

Lots of ostritches on AO it seems. Several dinosaurs as well.
I've always been a believer in, All Things in Moderation and you won't go wrong.

Grizz
Old 01-17-2020, 06:14 PM
Banned

In my search for the key to happiness ((((Music)))) I found this thread.

First I’d like to say I’m sorry to hear sns2 wife lost her position. My wife’s position has been the key to our survival lately so I can understand what a blow that news must have been.

Getting to the subject at hand I could talk for hours on and everything that I think is the right way lol. So allow me to partake in this pecan pie lol!

I along with everyone else was under the assumption that when cannabis was legalized and it was brought into the retail market that the price was going to be around five bones per gram for quality bud and that was far from what has rolled out. The problems have unfolded just like I called from the start. The cannabis market along with stocks are doing horribly after the first year and I think it is all because of the governments selling pot when they don’t know how lol ( never thought I’d say that) lol.

The government online store should be wiped out and the pot put on the shelves for people to purchase just like they would a case of beer, this is the number one problem stumping the market along with the uncertain thc amount when you roll the dice on what you are purchasing. I’m getting there lol just allow me to explain lol.

We buy the pot for the THC that gets us buzzed ultimately and I for one ain’t going to pay $13 a gram for 0.3% no matter how you look at it. The only company on the market that has the most accurate percentage rating is Medreleaf which is within 5% accuracy when they give how much THC is in the product you are about to be pillaged to purchase.

Problem #2
When I want a fresh bag I want it now! Not a week from now through the mail.
So I call around (because I’ve learned) to the local weed stores and I say, do you have any Delahaze in stock? The answer from day one has been no we do not. But yet I can take my credit card which not everyone has these days and order it through the Alberta cannibis store which usually is in stock.

The Alberta online store is usually stocked and the stores are not..... As the governments of this country are too busy trying to keep tabs on who is buying the weed and letting the stores fail. They don’t want to know your name they just want to know how old you are and wether your a man or women for the data or statistics which in turn is causing the retail stores to fail.

Problem #3

Screw them I’ll just start growing it for $2.50 a gram or less and I’m going to do it legally because I am an honest and good person. Well then, Guess what? you only have two seed varieties to choose from, both Indica and ultimately both suck badly. A person would be lucky to get one good plant from 4 $60 dollar seeds.

Black market is thriving as always $140 an ounce and all the hash, concentrates and edibles your heart desires along with a wide variety of seeds and strains.

I figured it would be a saturation of cannabis that sunk the stock market and I was right! It just worked a little differently that’s all. There’s too much alright but simply because people either aren’t willing to pay that $13 a gram or they can’t get their hands on something worth spending $13 a gram on.

Get the goods to the stores or watch them drown period.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
In my search for the key to happiness ((((Music)))) I found this thread.

First I’d like to say I’m sorry to hear sns2 wife lost her position. My wife’s position has been the key to our survival lately so I can understand what a blow that news must have been.

Getting to the subject at hand I could talk for hours on and everything that I think is the right way lol. So allow me to partake in this pecan pie lol!

I along with everyone else was under the assumption that when cannabis was legalized and it was brought into the retail market that the price was going to be around five bones per gram for quality bud and that was far from what has rolled out. The problems have unfolded just like I called from the start. The cannabis market along with stocks are doing horribly after the first year and I think it is all because of the governments selling pot when they don’t know how lol ( never thought I’d say that) lol.

The government online store should be wiped out and the pot put on the shelves for people to purchase just like they would a case of beer, this is the number one problem stumping the market along with the uncertain thc amount when you roll the dice on what you are purchasing. I’m getting there lol just allow me to explain lol.

We buy the pot for the THC that gets us buzzed ultimately and I for one ain’t going to pay $13 a gram for 0.3% no matter how you look at it. The only company on the market that has the most accurate percentage rating is Medreleaf which is within 5% accuracy when they give how much THC is in the product you are about to be pillaged to purchase.

Problem #2
When I want a fresh bag I want it now! Not a week from now through the mail.
So I call around (because I’ve learned) to the local weed stores and I say, do you have any Delahaze in stock? The answer from day one has been no we do not. But yet I can take my credit card which not everyone has these days and order it through the Alberta cannibis store which usually is in stock.

The Alberta online store is usually stocked and the stores are not..... As the governments of this country are too busy trying to keep tabs on who is buying the weed and letting the stores fail. They don’t want to know your name they just want to know how old you are and wether your a man or women for the data or statistics which in turn is causing the retail stores to fail.

Problem #3

Screw them I’ll just start growing it for $2.50 a gram or less and I’m going to do it legally because I am an honest and good person. Well then, Guess what? you only have two seed varieties to choose from, both Indica and ultimately both suck badly. A person would be lucky to get one good plant from 4 $60 dollar seeds.

Black market is thriving as always $140 an ounce and all the hash, concentrates and edibles your heart desires along with a wide variety of seeds and strains.

I figured it would be a saturation of cannabis that sunk the stock market and I was right! It just worked a little differently that’s all. There’s too much alright but simply because people either aren’t willing to pay that $13 a gram or they can’t get their hands on something worth spending $13 a gram on.

Get the goods to the stores or watch them drown period.
Psst.. grow your own.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:22 PM

How I understand it works is that a retail store has to order their stock from the govt. So they place an order on Sunday and ask for product A-Z. On Monday they see what they have been given for product. In the beginning you asked for everything and hoped you got something. So when you ask for Delahaze and the retail stores don’t have it but the online govt stores do, they are just keeping stock for themselves. The retails supplier is also their biggest competitor. From a business point of view it doesn’t make a lot of sense. In Sask a cannabis store can get product from any licensed producer. But the LP would rather sell one lump sum to somebody like the AGLC rather than deal with a whole bunch of small retailers.

Only the govt can screw up drug dealing.

Last edited by tbiddy; 01-17-2020 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:53 AM
Banned

To me marijuana is about on par with alcohol and cigarettes. It might be better from a health standpoint, but it is worse from a drug standpoint in terms of altering your physical and mental state.

We choose not to do any of these drugs because we don't need to. Our days are full of responsibilities and there are many things to teach and do with our kids. Using drugs for enjoyment is not something we wish to expose them to. A hard day's work is much more fulfilling!
Old 01-18-2020, 04:19 AM
Banned

I have considered growing my own but my wife will not let me.
I am always interested in hearing other people’s perspectives on how they live their lives or just thoughts in general and beliefs because maybe I can learn a thing or two or at least have a better understanding. It really helps me from being so judgmental when I have a better understanding.

I have been around Cannabis my entire life. I recall walking through a room of six foot tall pot plants at the age of 8 or so. So I guess what I’m saying is I’m no spring chicken and cannabis has never been any different to me than seeing someone smoke a cigarette. Here’s where the judgmental part comes in lol
I was raised by good people with good beliefs and every person in my family has been exceptionally successful in life and their professional careers including myself.

My best life/work balance does include the use of cannabis. Having said that, I don’t miss any work and I’m never late nor do I ever hurt myself. I always show up straight as an arrow and I work exceptionally hard. I am always involved with my home life and spend a lot of time bonding with my young child and wife. I don’t really smoke that much pot but I usually have a mild buzz going at home in general. I purchased 20 grams a couple of months before legalization and I still have about 1/8 left. I’m a real light weight and I like being in control at all times, precisely why I don’t care for edibles much.

From my perspective, people either see cannabis as an evil weed or a life enhancement tool. I see it as a tool and use it responsibly. The way things are today is because of irresponsible people and that goes for anything really, the world is a mess and full of irresponsible people. I am not one of them and my success in life proves that theory.

Cannabis is only a problem if you make it a problem wether you’re an employer, employee, father etc.

A friend was just telling me a company he knows of just randomly drug tested all the employees and everyone of them tested positive for cannabis so they had to shut the shop down for three weeks.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Don’t smoke and drive!
Don’t smoke and work!unless you are the boss that is lol.

Last edited by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^; 01-18-2020 at 04:40 AM.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by playwell View Post
To me marijuana is about on par with alcohol and cigarettes. It might be better from a health standpoint, but it is worse from a drug standpoint in terms of altering your physical and mental state.

Pardon? I'm going to guess this PSA has been brought to us by someone who has never once "tried" pot, cigarettes, or alcohol.

There's a chance of hospital wards and dry out centres full of people that might disagree with your opinion on cigarettes and alcohol.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:33 AM

Is there a real medical benefit to it?
This reminds me of alcohol, after prohibition alcohol sales were handled the same way if im remembering right. You needed a doctors prescription and you bought it at a pharmacy.
I have health problems and a lot of pain that really limits what I can do. Its really frustrating because there is so much I want to be doing.
The prescription pills I'm taking help a bit but I'm pretty useless. They make me so drowsey. Im sure my IQ is half of what it was. Yesterday I started putting gas into my diesel truck.
My main goal is to keep a few cows and be able to ride( horses) at least a bit each day. If I can't do that then there is no point.
My wife wants me to try that medical weed. For me its so embaressing. To me that was something that liberals, Hippy's and others did.
I'm not a Mormon but we have all Mormon doctors around here. I'm guessing they dont prescribe it?
They used to prescribe a lot of percocet and oxycotent. That stuff worked. Like I could take it and work for a day or half a day but then I would need 3 or 4 days to recover.
At least I could do something! Now I'm pretty much useless.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
I have considered growing my own but my wife will not let me.
I am always interested in hearing other people’s perspectives on how they live their lives or just thoughts in general and beliefs because maybe I can learn a thing or two or at least have a better understanding. It really helps me from being so judgmental when I have a better understanding.

I have been around Cannabis my entire life. I recall walking through a room of six foot tall pot plants at the age of 8 or so. So I guess what I’m saying is I’m no spring chicken and cannabis has never been any different to me than seeing someone smoke a cigarette. Here’s where the judgmental part comes in lol
I was raised by good people with good beliefs and every person in my family has been exceptionally successful in life and their professional careers including myself.

My best life/work balance does include the use of cannabis. Having said that, I don’t miss any work and I’m never late nor do I ever hurt myself. I always show up straight as an arrow and I work exceptionally hard. I am always involved with my home life and spend a lot of time bonding with my young child and wife. I don’t really smoke that much pot but I usually have a mild buzz going at home in general. I purchased 20 grams a couple of months before legalization and I still have about 1/8 left. I’m a real light weight and I like being in control at all times, precisely why I don’t care for edibles much.

From my perspective, people either see cannabis as an evil weed or a life enhancement tool. I see it as a tool and use it responsibly. The way things are today is because of irresponsible people and that goes for anything really, the world is a mess and full of irresponsible people. I am not one of them and my success in life proves that theory.

Cannabis is only a problem if you make it a problem wether you’re an employer, employee, father etc.

A friend was just telling me a company he knows of just randomly drug tested all the employees and everyone of them tested positive for cannabis so they had to shut the shop down for three weeks.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Don’t smoke and drive!
Don’t smoke and work!unless you are the boss that is lol.
If you want to try growing outdoors somewhere so your wife doesn’t know find yourself auto flowering seeds. They need little maintenance and are usually finished here in are short growing season within 90 days of germinating the seed. They aren’t large plants either so they can be easier to keep out of sight.

Some times you catch the Big fish, some times you get stuck in Chip
Old 01-18-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiddy View Post
...Only the govt can screw up drug dealing.

LOL. Too funny
Old 01-18-2020, 08:43 AM

My views on the ol' "go slow" hasn't really changed after legalization. On the note of putting fund somewhere to grow them, the pot game is not where its at unless you like big gambles. I would look at a SP500 based ETF like VFV.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
Is there a real medical benefit to it?
This reminds me of alcohol, after prohibition alcohol sales were handled the same way if im remembering right. You needed a doctors prescription and you bought it at a pharmacy.
I have health problems and a lot of pain that really limits what I can do. Its really frustrating because there is so much I want to be doing.
The prescription pills I'm taking help a bit but I'm pretty useless. They make me so drowsey. Im sure my IQ is half of what it was. Yesterday I started putting gas into my diesel truck.
My main goal is to keep a few cows and be able to ride( horses) at least a bit each day. If I can't do that then there is no point.
My wife wants me to try that medical weed. For me its so embaressing. To me that was something that liberals, Hippy's and others did.
I'm not a Mormon but we have all Mormon doctors around here. I'm guessing they dont prescribe it?
They used to prescribe a lot of percocet and oxycotent. That stuff worked. Like I could take it and work for a day or half a day but then I would need 3 or 4 days to recover.
At least I could do something! Now I'm pretty much useless.
Three years ago, I had a pinched nerve in my neck that had me off work for 6 weeks. Pain was beyond description. It really was that bad. Doctor had me on morphine, oxycontin, and when that wasn't working they moved me to dilaudid. Said they had nothing stronger to give me. In desperation, I started a thread asking about medical MJ. A member here in town who used it offered me some pills to try. My experience was that it allowed me to sleep which was huge. Yes, it gave a gentle buzz, but nothing out of control. This was before legalization, and before my employer had any policy, so I know what you are saying when you say you feel sheepish. That experience changed my mind toward it. Like many, I was interested in seeing how it would affect things when legalized. Well, it hasn't really. The sun still rises and sets.

If you are in pain, order some up. There are numerous forum members who have shared how it has greatly helped them where traditional painkillers failed to provide relief. It ain't gonna kill you, whereas those bloody opioids just might.

Screw the stigma. It ain't no different than a glass of scotch. Anyone who says it is, is caught in a self-induced fog.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:11 PM

Coming out of high school, I was the perverbial pothead. That all changed when I embarked on a professional career. My highs for the next 40 years came from 4 hour runs, solving complex problems, growing up with my kids. Now I’m at the other end. Commitments, other than to myself, have largely been served. Being a green thumb, I grew out a plant a couple winters ago, only to confirm that way back then, we had no idea what good pot was. A single plant is more than I would use in a year.

There is phrase of sorts, something like; if you could see life through my eyes, you would accept me for who I am. I think that often we become so entrapped within ourselves that we fail to truly consider others. THC helps me escape those bounds for awhile, to consider alternate ideals.

Cheers

Ps.. warming tomorrow. Waxing skis to get back outdoors
Old 01-18-2020, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishHunterPro View Post
If you want to try growing outdoors somewhere so your wife doesn’t know find yourself auto flowering seeds. They need little maintenance and are usually finished here in are short growing season within 90 days of germinating the seed. They aren’t large plants either so they can be easier to keep out of sight.
That’s not a bad idea! I just watched a Mr Canuck auto grow on YouTube
It looks like auto flower have a fairly decent yield when done properly.

Thanks! I didn’t even consider that option and I’ve already got a great spot picked out to make it happen.