Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-21-2008, 03:11 PM
bubbasno1

Default Newest information on open spaces.

I would like peoples thoughts on the following. I will put this down word for word. Let me know how you interpret this.

"Regulatory and Legislative Changes Required:

Current: The Wildlife Act does not allow landowners to be paid for providing hunting access (paid hunting).

Proposed: A Ministerial Order will outline that landowner payment from an organization based on contractual commitments to provide wildlife habitat and access is not in violation with the Wildlife Act."

Bubba
Old 01-21-2008, 03:14 PM

Sounds like even the lawyers feel this is paid hunting and a change to the current regulations are required.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:27 PM

I just found out that there is a big meeting in southern alberta tommorow night between the government boys and some of the upset board members and Im not sure who else. It seems that the squeeky wheels are getting some greese atleast information but I wonder why anyone hasnt said anything here. Anyone from here going? Why the big secret? Also just found out that the goverment boys will be letting a bunch of info out to the public tommorow two.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:30 PM

I haven't heard anything.....This backroom dealing, behind the back end running has to stop.

What happened to open and accountable.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:33 PM
340wtby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingdad View Post
I just found out that there is a big meeting in southern alberta tommorow night between the government boys and some of the upset board members and Im not sure who else. It seems that the squeeky wheels are getting some greese atleast information but I wonder why anyone hasnt said anything here. Anyone from here going? Why the big secret? Also just found out that the goverment boys will be letting a bunch of info out to the public tommorow two.
Where did you hear this from?
Old 01-21-2008, 03:35 PM
bubbasno1

Default Huntingdad

Huntingdad is trying to deflect from the real question.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Banned

I have the info that will be released tomorrow.
If anyone wants it, please send me a fax #.
It might even be posted on the board tonight.
Please note, this package is over 34 pages long.
What I have is the handouts that were given away at the meeting in Edmonton

For anyone that lives in Calgary, I have made up a few additional packages, so you are welcome to stop by and get them.
I am going to work on getting them in to a Email fashion.

Jamie
Old 01-21-2008, 03:39 PM

Even if you don't agree with huntingdads stance it is part of the question. Why for the mostpart has the whole process been conducted in the dark.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Banned

Your right, they do need a change in legislation, that is why it is so important EVERYONE get in contact with your MLA.
Some MLA's are in the dark about this whole thing, so you might have to bring them up to speed. There will be a Vote on this so make sure your MLA knows exactly how you as a voter feel about it.

Jamie
Old 01-21-2008, 03:43 PM
bubbasno1

Default Document

I have the document in email format. Send me a PM with your email address and I will forward it to anyone.

Bubba
Old 01-21-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasno1 View Post
Huntingdad is trying to deflect from the real question.

Buuba you sure seemed determined to control the flow of info here. If you post it its good, if I post it its bs? So I take it you are one of the select few going to the meeting then? Why did you hide that you had the info being released tommorow? Who is trying to diflect?
Old 01-21-2008, 03:51 PM
bubbasno1

Quote:
Buuba you sure seemed determined to control the flow of info here. If you post it its good, if I post it its bs? So I take it you are one of the select few going to the meeting then? Why did you hide that you had the info being released tommorow? Who is trying to diflect?
Huntingdad,

Did you read the post that started this thread. Did your response pertain to anything that was in the post. Here it is again

I would like peoples thoughts on the following. I will put this down word for word. Let me know how you interpret this.

"Regulatory and Legislative Changes Required:

Current: The Wildlife Act does not allow landowners to be paid for providing hunting access (paid hunting).

Proposed: A Ministerial Order will outline that landowner payment from an organization based on contractual commitments to provide wildlife habitat and access is not in violation with the Wildlife Act."

If you have thoughts on the above statement please post them.

I did not hide the information. Oviously I posted it and offered to email it to anyone who requests it. Yes even you. I just received the information this morning. If you read my post have been very forthcoming with information as I have received it.

Anything else you would like to comment on.

Bubba
Old 01-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Banned

Dad..
I dont get what you are trying to acomplish.
This group you speak of is just a few concerned outdoorsmen.
I am sure if you really want to go, you could.

Quit bitching, and start helping.

Jamie
Old 01-21-2008, 03:54 PM
bubbasno1

Quote:
Why did you hide that you had the info being released tommorow?
How do you know this information is going to be released tomorrow. With holding information are we.

Bubba
Old 01-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Banned

Oh and Dad.
The info that is available one Email from Bubba.. Is good. in fact you could say its what everyone has been looking for. It will answer the questions you have at this time. It might bring up a few more questions, but its a great start.
Send him a PM with your Email and I am sure you will get it.

Jamie
Old 01-21-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasno1 View Post
How do you know this information is going to be released tomorrow. With holding information are we.

Bubba
Cant you read buuba? I said I just found out and then I posted you are the one thats had it since this morning. You never ansered my question about going to the meeting? I guess by the way you avoided the question you are? by the way your thread was titled newest info and I thought this info was new but I guess its not to u?
Old 01-21-2008, 04:09 PM
MAV

Hunting dad if you aren't one of the squeeky wheels then you're part of the problem. I would like to hear your take on how this is a good thing for me and every other hunter in the province.

You can PM me a copy of this document I'm not even sure what a Ministerial Order is but it don't sound good.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Banned

Uhh dad.. I couldn't help but notice the following is your VERY first post

"I have to think the government boys are having a big old chuckle at our expense right now, we get blindsided with the biggest issue in hunting ever and all we can fight about is who know what and who didn't know what"

WOW.. You really have a tendency to speak out of both sides of your Mouth

Jamie
Old 01-21-2008, 04:19 PM
bubbasno1

Quote:
Cant you read buuba? I said I just found out and then I posted you are the one thats had it since this morning. You never ansered my question about going to the meeting? I guess by the way you avoided the question you are? by the way your thread was titled newest info and I thought this info was new but I guess its not to u?
First question first. Yes I can read? You just found out about this 5 minutes after I posted it on the website. What a coincidence eh. Yes I am going to the meeting tomorrow. Anyone who wants to PM me any questions they have that I could take to the meeting would be great. And your last question. Some of us have jobs. We can't be on the website 24 hours a day.

Now are you going to answer to the original post or are you going to continue to be part of the problem.

Bubba
Old 01-21-2008, 04:22 PM

Im preatty sure if you read back in my posts youll see I am against this but I just find it really lame that a few of you good old southern boys get your knickers in a not when someone points something out that isn't part of your little group. If you guys arent in total control of the info about Open Spaces on this board you just start yelling and screaming at guys that they are for it when maybe they arent. Thats preatty lame if you ask me. Guess you suceeeded in chasing me away too so hope you are happy. I just saw a thread titaled new info and I post some and suddenly I get tarred and feathered and run out of town. I'll leave your little click to you boys here cause I ain't interested in being called names and accused of things for posting something I know. Guess I'll never be part of your little club so let us know how the meeting goes.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:26 PM
bubbasno1

Quote:
Im preatty sure if you read back in my posts youll see I am against this but I just find it really lame that a few of you good old southern boys get your knickers in a not when someone points something out that isn't part of your little group. If you guys arent in total control of the info about Open Spaces on this board you just start yelling and screaming at guys that they are for it when maybe they arent. Thats preatty lame if you ask me. Guess you suceeeded in chasing me away too so hope you are happy. I just saw a thread titaled new info and I post some and suddenly I get tarred and feathered and run out of town. I'll leave your little click to you boys here cause I ain't interested in being called names and accused of things for posting something I know. Guess I'll never be part of your little club so let us know how the meeting goes.
Excellent now maybe we can have a discussion about the actual post that started this thread. Which I would still like to see what people think of this.

Thank you for leaving Huntingdad.

Bubba
Old 01-21-2008, 04:44 PM

Default From one Dad to another...

Hey, HD!

Don't leave me alone here on this forum with some of these guys. You seem very genuine to me. Speak your mind. Don't be deterred or intimidated or feel insulted by a few who have a fondness for listening to themselves and a few self professed experts with an overzealous propensity for educating others.

I appreciate your post. The majority is silent.

Last edited by Rob Miskosky; 01-21-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:58 PM
MAV

God I hope the majority isn't silent, that is why guys from the govt. get away with this stuff no one does anything. I'm mad about this whole thing and now thanks to a PM from Bubba I have a document that states what they are trying to do.

The question is that they are going to use a Ministerial Order (I've been informed that this is probably one of those things were they don't have to bring it up in the house they just do it and you and me don't have a say) just so they can take away the 100 year old basis for wildlife management in North America. Doesn't that seem wrong to anyone.

I'm not sure what the beef is between HuntingDad, POGO and Bubba but it isn't relevant especially if everyone is opposed to this.

Don't be silent this is a great place to let it rip. I don't have any contacts in parliment but I hope that enough noise on this forum will let them hear me. I hope the meeting is load and I hope things can change.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:36 PM
lurch

Last edited by lurch; 01-22-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:58 PM
bubbasno1

Default PM's

Anyone who sent me a PM to request the document could you please let me know what thoughts you have. As I have stated I will be at the meeting tomorrow and would like some feedback. You can either post them here, pm me or email me.

Bubba
Old 01-21-2008, 06:22 PM
bubbasno1

Default Link to document

Here is a link to the document for anyone who wants to read it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ct2mt1dtz6
Old 01-21-2008, 07:34 PM

Default ok

ok i have to ask, can someone just put this whole thing into one paragraph as to what is happeing here. i for one cannot possibley keep up with the battling back and fortha nd all the new information and all this stuff.

i am one of the guys that gets lost after the 12 page of reading and lose all interest in what im reading.

1. whats the deal, in simple plain statement, is it now as of 2008 that a land owner gets a tag that he can sell to a resident, of any species.

2. can anyone from alberta or non resident buy one of these tags.

please just gimme some insight on all this stuff.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Banned

Gun.
You got right.
In 2008 the Desert and McIntyre ranch will be able to sell you a tag.
They are forecasting these tags to be sold for
$8,000 Bull elk
$4,000 MD
$10,000 Moose
$2500 WT

They also are getting rid of any antler less tags and only allowing the landowners to sell them (No Draw available)

Anyone can buy these tags

Currently guides receive 10% of the tags but can increase them by a additional 15% if they buy them from the landowner.

Also the landowner tag is no longer available for those that are unsuccessful in the draw.

I know there is more, but this may help.

Jamie
Old 01-21-2008, 08:02 PM

Bubba thanks for the e-mail.
I am totally against such a fundamental change in how wildlife is viewed. The trend toward paid hunting (even the working group believes this to be the case as the are asking for a ministerial order to allow it) is not something that can be palatable to most Alberta sportsmen.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:10 PM

Jamie, no disrespect intended, but your post is a perfect example of why it is important for everyone to read the actual document. It will take 15 minutes of your time.

I have yet to see a Moose on the McIntyre or the Deseret.