Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-04-2012, 08:23 PM

Default N/a 29

Awesome Pat!!!!
congradulations on your accomplishment of the N/A 29.
watched it on outdoor quest.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerone View Post
Awesome Pat!!!!
congradulations on your accomplishment of the N/A 29.
watched it on outdoor quest.
X2

Just watched as well.
Awesome, Now that is living the ultimate dream.... wish I could talk the wife into that!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:13 PM

Default N/A 29 Grand Slam

Pat: I went on a Walrus hunt (as an Observer) while on a Brown bear hunt in AK several years back. My guide was a "White" American married to an Eskimo lady. As such he had Native Rights to hunt walrus. We were hunitng out of Dillingham, AK and he (we) hunted the walrus on an Island In the Bearing bear/Bristol Bay area. That thing was absolutley huge. And the weather was almost unbearable. I have never been so cold. wet and sea sick!! But defineltly an adventure!!!
As well, I was fortunate enough to be drawn for the Wood Bison hunt up in the Zama/Rainbow Lake area the first year it was offered. And I was lucky enough to harvest one of the Herd bulls. The bioplogist, Lyle Fullerton. rough scored him at 130". He weighed 2600 lbs and it was likley the most exhilerating (N/A) hunt I have ever been on.
Thanks For sharing. Oh. I don't watch Wild T.V. but maybe Rich or Sandy will have an extra copy of the show?
Good hunting.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcreg View Post
Pat: I went on a Walrus hunt (as an Observer) while on a Brown bear hunt in AK several years back. My guide was a "White" American married to an Eskimo lady. As such he had Native Rights to hunt walrus. We were hunitng out of Dillingham, AK and he (we) hunted the walrus on an Island In the Bearing bear/Bristol Bay area. That thing was absolutley huge. And the weather was almost unbearable. I have never been so cold. wet and sea sick!! But defineltly an adventure!!!
As well, I was fortunate enough to be drawn for the Wood Bison hunt up in the Zama/Rainbow Lake area the first year it was offered. And I was lucky enough to harvest one of the Herd bulls. The bioplogist, Lyle Fullerton. rough scored him at 130". He weighed 2600 lbs and it was likley the most exhilerating (N/A) hunt I have ever been on.
Thanks For sharing. Oh. I don't watch Wild T.V. but maybe Rich or Sandy will have an extra copy of the show?
Good hunting.
WOW 130 INCHER , Jees that is near world record. you were only 6 inches off, man there sure is some massive bulls up there.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:02 PM

Default Wood Bison

Apparently? He was the only one we seen but Lyle knew about him as they had been following his activities for a while. According to the F&G officers in High Level there were 2 large bulls- the other decided to take on an Oil Field semi. Neither faired very well in that outcome. The bull was obviously killed but not before he did over $250.000 damage to the tractor/trailer?
The bull I got had 3 large puncture wounds and 2 smaller ones. Lyle actually declarrd him unfit for consumption and I had the opportunity to harvest another but that meant giving up ALL this animal. That is why he scored it!.
Another fellow and I are actually going tomorrow to scout the area adjacent the west side of Wood Buffalo Park for the next 3-4 days. He has guiding rights for that area and want's to take a look at it. Should be fun?
Try a hunt on the east side of the McKenzie Highway, the bison on that side are fair game and don't require a licnese.
Good hunting.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:05 PM

money can buy anything guys
Old 07-04-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer18 View Post
Pat is a pretty hard working guy ... if he choose to spend his hard earned money on this accompishment, why insult him? Besides, 9-11 of the 29 animals can be obtained here in our great province,geez

Last edited by PBHunter; 07-04-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:45 PM

not insulting him... just saying. this is my opinion. question? have u ever guided?? if u have then you know what im saying
Old 07-04-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
not insulting him... just saying. this is my opinion. question? have u ever guided?? if u have then you know what im saying
Have I ever guided, no. I'd place some money on the fact that Pat has though ...
Old 07-04-2012, 11:51 PM

X2

Very hard working
Old 07-04-2012, 11:56 PM

I have guided and still do, all over this continent, so has pat. And if you got to hear any of the story's you'd fast learn that most of these "guided" hunts were drop self guided hunts.

Killer18? Killer of the 18 pack, get of the couch and get a life.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:05 AM

lol, settle down there smoken joe...everyone here has there right to there own opinion. like i said no disrespect.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:06 AM

buy the way, killing time does not count as a sport.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:12 AM

Yup your right, however that opinion happens to be yours and only yours, if you feel like replying pm me so I can stop making you look like more of a retard in front of all these people.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:15 AM

let me guess... american right??
Old 07-05-2012, 07:10 AM

Wow how did I miss this thread! gunslinger I am in aw. what a great accomplishment and to see it done by a hard working man who includes his family every step of the way! good luck on the sheep, safe to say all of us on here are behind you 100% and can't wait to here more of your story! now get that book out before you have to add in all those sheep!

NEVER get between Electricity and where it wants to go!
Old 07-05-2012, 07:16 AM

Default Congrats

Good Day

Would be no less than an honor to shake your hand

Congrats on a 1st class accomplishment

Cheers

Ian
Old 07-05-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Let me guess...Jelous much?

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 07-05-2012, 07:25 AM

Default Back on track...

Getting back on track of the SuperSlam of North America and not super slam of people, all I got to say is....

WOW. Congrats! Way to go Pat. I can not wait for the book, very excited to read some of the stories and adventures.

Kos
Old 07-05-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
This makes me want to puke !! terms like this ," and must be nice " are just jealousy !! How about just a congrats and leave it at that or just dont say anything.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Didn't you hear? Pat was also the first person to actually get to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and cash in which "bought" him all the animals, he never worked for it. Get a grip man

What Pat does for a living(Rigs) I wouldn't want to do, I couldn't babysit that many people and the turn over rate and orientation of new people. You watch any of the shows that have been on Outdoor Quest in regards to Pat show a passion that he has for the sport and I am sure he has worked for every penny that he has spent.
I have a guy that bugs me about going on hunting trips and he is a healthy fit person who chooses to work part time. I tell him "I worked for everything I have and when I come home in the evening from my first job and walk into my shop for the second job,there isn't a breif case of money sitting there". Anything is possible if you put your mind to it and WORK for it.
Way to go Pat.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:13 AM

Default Sheep Hunt Booked!!!!

My Big Horn Sheep hunt is booked!!!! Thanks Gunslinger (Pat) for the inspiration!!! my wife is coming too she is a big photo person.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:41 PM

All I have to say is congrats. Hell of an accomplishment.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
lol, another beauty comment, troll

your entitled to whatever jealous fueled opinions you like, keep on stereotyping there bud, looks good on ya...can't say you'll know better in the future as you won't lol, here is an workin guy/field guy who also guides etc. obviously incredibly passionate about all things hunting and you come up with that stuff on this thread? 1st class mouth engagement before brain engagment right there with both comments...going for #3 i'm bettin?, best just be movin on....haters always be hatin, don't hate...congratulate!
Old 07-05-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerone View Post
My Big Horn Sheep hunt is booked!!!! Thanks Gunslinger (Pat) for the inspiration!!! my wife is coming too she is a big photo person.
Who did ya book with?

Good luck whenever ya go!
Old 07-08-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
I feel sorry for this guy. Hey, I'm from Arkansas and couldn't even imagine
accomplishing that, especially living down here in the states where we don't have access to animals like that. I could be jealous, but I prefer to say WAY TO GO!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:24 PM

Fellas i just returned home from New Mexico on a Audad hunt with my son, I was fortunate to have some young eyes spot me this great ram, and after 5 hours i was able to harvest him, Hes a great ram with 30" long main beams with 12 1/4 bases and come in at 16 years old.

It was a special hunt with my son that will not soon be forgotten.
My son darien also spotted his papas dall sheep for him so i got a feeling he is going to be comign with old dad alot more now.....Heres a couple photos.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:25 PM

Thumbs up

Great job pat!!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
Fellas i just returned home from New Mexico on a Audad hunt with my son, I was fortunate to have some young eyes spot me this great ram, and after 5 hours i was able to harvest him, Hes a great ram with 30" long main beams with 12 1/4 bases and come in at 16 years old.

It was a special hunt with my son that will not soon be forgotten.
My son darien also spotted his papas dall sheep for him so i got a feeling he is going to be comign with old dad alot more now.....Heres a couple photos.

Right on Pat!!!...ran into Curtis today and he mentioned he had just talked to you, congrats!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:29 PM

hat's fantastic Pat!
Cat