Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-16-2018, 09:03 PM
209x50's Avatar
209x50 209x50 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,283
Default New Podcast - Trapping Inc Scuttlebutt

Hi All, we have branched out in our digital platforms and have launched a podcast. It will be like our life a little bit of everything with very little boredom. LOL We have 4 episodes up already including 2 of the 4 we brought home from the NTA in Escanaba. You can find us from practically any app as we in the iTunes search engine or here is our permanent podcast page from our host: http://trappingincscuttlebuttpodcast.libsyn.com/
Cheers, Rich
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-21-2018, 10:13 AM
dustyBbowhunting's Avatar
dustyBbowhunting dustyBbowhunting is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 35
Default

Iím just new into the wonderful world of trapping. Hunted all my life and this is another great way to get out and enjoy nature. You guys are doing a awesome job on the show and now on the podcast!!! Keep it up. Youíve got my 5 stars. Look forward to more.

Thanks
Dustin
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-21-2018, 11:37 AM
pgavey pgavey is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Beaver Mines AB.
Posts: 572
Default

Hi Rick, First congrts on great show. I did quite a bit of trapping as a young man in Quebec. Been in Alberta since 1977 and recently moved to the mountains in Beaver Mines to retire. After watching all of your shows on Wild tv , I am getting the itch again. Hopefully I will get back on a line again to enjoy the wilds.
Keep those shows coming. Phil.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-21-2018, 03:54 PM
209x50's Avatar
209x50 209x50 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyBbowhunting View Post
Iím just new into the wonderful world of trapping. Hunted all my life and this is another great way to get out and enjoy nature. You guys are doing a awesome job on the show and now on the podcast!!! Keep it up. Youíve got my 5 stars. Look forward to more.

Thanks
Dustin
Thanks! We were drug to the podcast kicking and screaming but are having ball now we are in it!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-21-2018, 03:55 PM
209x50's Avatar
209x50 209x50 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgavey View Post
Hi Rick, First congrts on great show. I did quite a bit of trapping as a young man in Quebec. Been in Alberta since 1977 and recently moved to the mountains in Beaver Mines to retire. After watching all of your shows on Wild tv , I am getting the itch again. Hopefully I will get back on a line again to enjoy the wilds.
Keep those shows coming. Phil.
Thank you Phil. You picked a very pretty place to retire!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-24-2018, 01:27 PM
209x50's Avatar
209x50 209x50 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,283
Default

Scuttlebutt Podcast #5 is up! Also check out the video version of this podcast up on our You Tube site www.youtube.com/trappinginc2015
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-24-2018, 08:49 PM
HunterDave HunterDave is offline
Suspended User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Copperhead Road, Morinville
Posts: 17,175
Default

If you are going to use Robís forum to promote your business the least that you could do is support him by becoming a sponsor.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-24-2018, 09:13 PM
moose maniac moose maniac is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
If you are going to use Robís forum to promote your business the least that you could do is support him by becoming a sponsor.
Try not being a douche for once in your life If Rob has a problem with it he can take care of it himself, a little sour for Rich deleting you from his trapping inc FB page are you?? LMAO!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-24-2018, 09:18 PM
209x50's Avatar
209x50 209x50 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
If you are going to use Robís forum to promote your business the least that you could do is support him by becoming a sponsor.
Rob and I have a business relationship. He sponsors Trapping Inc.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-24-2018, 09:29 PM
HunterDave HunterDave is offline
Suspended User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Copperhead Road, Morinville
Posts: 17,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
Rob and I have a business relationship. He sponsors Trapping Inc.
Interesting business arrangement. He sponsors you but you wonít sponsor him. Iím sure that youíre fine with that.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-25-2018, 05:28 AM
209x50's Avatar
209x50 209x50 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Interesting business arrangement. He sponsors you but you wonít sponsor him. Iím sure that youíre fine with that.
My goodness you are a sad unhappy man! I don't have the time to explain how business works but Rob and I are both happy with our association.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-14-2018, 12:47 PM
HIGHLANDER HUNTING HIGHLANDER HUNTING is offline
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 316
Default

Welcome to the world of podcasting.
We're about 40 episodes deep, and have made plenty of mistakes along the way. If you have any questions, shoot us an email. If we can help we will.
highlanderhuntingpodcast@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-18-2018, 01:44 PM
AlbertaAl AlbertaAl is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 301
Default Pipe dream sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
Hi All, we have branched out in our digital platforms and have launched a podcast. It will be like our life a little bit of everything with very little boredom. LOL We have 4 episodes up already including 2 of the 4 we brought home from the NTA in Escanaba. You can find us from practically any app as we in the iTunes search engine or here is our permanent podcast page from our host: http://trappingincscuttlebuttpodcast.libsyn.com/
Cheers, Rich
Enjoyed your podcast with Mark Zagger "pipe dream coyote sets"
Mark is a very well spoken gentleman who conveyed his real passion for coyote trapping. I intend to experiment using his ideas and suggestions.

Maybe I can improve on the PVC pipe idea by
1.) using black colored pipe (not white) which will enhance it's appearance in
the snow PLUS easier for me to find my "set" locations.
2.) using BLACK pipe will warm up faster in the sun allowing the lure to be more smelly and active.
3.) I might cut a V-slot on the side of the pipe about 3-4 inches from the top of the pipe for the lure to be placed. I visualized ravens and magpies perched on top of the PVC pipe and pulling out the lure. Having a V-notch on the side will make it more difficult for the birds to steal the lure or sheeps wool.

Q. I wonder if placing the "set" trap south of the PVC pipe would enhance catches. Winds usualy blow from the north ...and would carry the lure scents over the trap set.

Last edited by AlbertaAl; 09-18-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-19-2018, 10:29 AM
209x50's Avatar
209x50 209x50 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHLANDER HUNTING View Post
Welcome to the world of podcasting.
We're about 40 episodes deep, and have made plenty of mistakes along the way. If you have any questions, shoot us an email. If we can help we will.
highlanderhuntingpodcast@gmail.com
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-19-2018, 10:40 AM
209x50's Avatar
209x50 209x50 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaAl View Post
Enjoyed your podcast with Mark Zagger "pipe dream coyote sets"
Mark is a very well spoken gentleman who conveyed his real passion for coyote trapping. I intend to experiment using his ideas and suggestions.

Maybe I can improve on the PVC pipe idea by
1.) using black colored pipe (not white) which will enhance it's appearance in
the snow PLUS easier for me to find my "set" locations.
2.) using BLACK pipe will warm up faster in the sun allowing the lure to be more smelly and active.
3.) I might cut a V-slot on the side of the pipe about 3-4 inches from the top of the pipe for the lure to be placed. I visualized ravens and magpies perched on top of the PVC pipe and pulling out the lure. Having a V-notch on the side will make it more difficult for the birds to steal the lure or sheeps wool.

Q. I wonder if placing the "set" trap south of the PVC pipe would enhance catches. Winds usualy blow from the north ...and would carry the lure scents over the trap set.
Neat tweaks from someone who has been there and done that. Podcasts are like any other media, seldom complete. There are always questions left unasked and ideas not fully explained. It is especially tough when you are meeting someone for the first time and then doing a podcast with him. We like to sit down and get to know the person a bit and get them comfortable that we aren't out to sandbag them. So sometimes things get talked about in the pre-interview and are forgot on the podcast because it all runs together. You do 7 pre-interviews and podcasts in one day things really get blurry!

Mark said that overwhelmingly he set for the wind. Nothing was as important. He shoved everything down the pipe far enough that the birds can't reach it. The black idea I like! Tell us how it works please.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-19-2018, 10:47 AM
209x50's Avatar
209x50 209x50 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,283
Default

OK, been so busy! podcasts 6 and 7 are up!!
http://trappingincscuttlebuttpodcast.libsyn.com
We are also putting the podcasts up on our You Tube site. many are video as well as audio but you are just watching us talk,,,,, not really thrilling! LOL
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-20-2018, 05:49 AM
AlbertaAl AlbertaAl is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 301
Default Mark Zeggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
Neat tweaks from someone who has been there and done that. Podcasts are like any other media, seldom complete. There are always questions left unasked and ideas not fully explained. It is especially tough when you are meeting someone for the first time and then doing a podcast with him. We like to sit down and get to know the person a bit and get them comfortable that we aren't out to sandbag them. So sometimes things get talked about in the pre-interview and are forgot on the podcast because it all runs together. You do 7 pre-interviews and podcasts in one day things really get blurry!

Mark said that overwhelmingly he set for the wind. Nothing was as important. He shoved everything down the pipe far enough that the birds can't reach it. The black idea I like! Tell us how it works please.
Keep up the good work ...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-20-2018, 10:44 AM
singleshotom's Avatar
singleshotom singleshotom is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 425
Default Podcast

Rich, I took a bit of time to watch/listen to a couple of your new adventure! I found them entertaining, informative an well put together. Getting older now I find they bring back memories, and the urge to Return to a line. Especially with all the new equipment available especially the killing snares, which I believe has totally changed trapping here in Alberta for the better. Great job on the new Podcast sessions!
Tom
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.