Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-22-2016, 03:24 PM

Default Hunting for Rabbits and Coyotes near edmonton

Hey guys,

I am just looking for some tips as to where to try hunting for Rabbits and Coyotes. I'm not asking you to give up your prime spots just looking to be pointed in the right direction. I live in Edmonton right now and am looking to do some Rabbit and Coyote hunting in my spare time.

I am currently running a .223 and a 16 gauge
Old 04-22-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fackaroo View Post
Hey guys,

I am just looking for some tips as to where to try hunting for Rabbits and Coyotes. I'm not asking you to give up your prime spots just looking to be pointed in the right direction. I live in Edmonton right now and am looking to do some Rabbit and Coyote hunting in my spare time.

I am currently running a .223 and a 16 gauge
A Resident may, except in WMUs 728 and 730, hunt (but not trap) coyote on lands to which he or she has the right of access to hunt, from the opening day of a big game season in a particular WMU to May 31, 2016, or until June 15 if the hunting is in a WMU that has a spring season for black bear ending on that date. In Camp Wainwright (WMUs 728 and 730) a Resident may hunt coyote from January 5, 2016 to February 28, 2016.

Since there is no bear season close you have to travel west. The problem with any areas close to the city (1 hour) they are often used by various other people doing outdoor activities and the chance of you endangering someone is quite large.
For rabbits and such, if you travel west for just over hour there is much crown land to fill all your hunting ambitions.

Tags
coyotes, edmonton, hunting, rabbit