Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-19-2016, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
I think you'll find people take the literary corrections better from a guy who doesn't use the word munch instead of much....... yes hicks are entertaining
I edited that before you commented! You know which part of me you can munch on

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5swedeforelk View Post
I'm sure that the carcass would sink,
provided that the arms er I mean the front legs,
are tucked in.
Just from a daydreaming perspective, it would be amusing to have a perp rolled up in chain-link fencing like a burrito and to witness him panic while he watches you cutting an 'ice fishing hole' with a chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse_hunter View Post
Laugh it up bud, just stay away from Glory Hills road
Allright as long as it's not on my from Tobacco road to Thunder road.

I'm calling for the lock on this one. We are deep in left field..... might be getting to close to Glory Hills.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
I edited that before you commented! You know which part of me you can munch on
Oh it's right there for all to see. Love when someone does that
Old 12-19-2016, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Meh, think what you will. As I've stated before, public opinion is irrelevant to me. I can honestly tell you, that the "cleaning" excuse is something that was suggested to me by an RCMP officer and has worked for me in the past.
I don't clean my shotgun while it's loaded. I load it afterwards to ensure that the action cycles properly...
Maybe if you paid attention to my pro-marijuana posts you'd be able to guess as to the industry that I'm in. A large retainer with the best lawyers is nothing but an insurance policy.
Since you speak poorly of garlic vodka, we don't have much to talk about...
I think it was the blue cheese?
Old 12-19-2016, 09:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Allright as long as it's not on my from Tobacco road to Thunder road.

I'm calling for the lock on this one. We are deep in left field..... might be getting to close to Glory Hills.
If you are so damn scared to hold your ground and protect what's yours, then stay out of the self defense thread. Grab your ankles and let the perpetrators and the LEOs have your way with you. I'll choose the opposite course of action. If you don't have money to ensure proper legal representation, you're already screwed. The judicial system doesn't preoccupy itself with the concept of Justice.
As many here have said: I'd rather be judged by twelve men, than carried by six.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
I was simply suggesting that a firearm is not the best tool to use for self defense. You'll be in a munch more unpleasant situation from the legal perspective if you were to shoot an intruder. Using a knife can be much more efficient in close quarters than a long barreled firearm.
I think that you meant "thinking things through"... "threw" is a past tense of "throw". Hicks make me smile!
You didn't notice the quotation marks I was using ? Maybe you have no idea what quotation marks are for?
Old 12-19-2016, 09:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh it's right there for all to see. Love when someone does that
I don't think that you could produce any coherent sentences after busting your buns for twelve hours and then consuming half a liter of vodka. Either provide an argument which pertains to the topic being discussed or get lost.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Laugh it up bud, just stay away from Glory Hills road
Keep digging buddy. All youv'e done is give people the address of the nearest road to use as a urinal if their in the area.

Last edited by waterninja; 12-19-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
You didn't notice the quotation marks I was using ? Maybe you have no idea what quotation marks are for?
As I've said in the past, English is my third language and it surpasses the linguistic skills of most Canadians. Don't draw attention to such an irrelevant mistake as "munch" vs. "much". I edited it, as soon as I realized that I typed in the wrong word. Most of you can barely speak English, never-mind any foreign languages.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:54 PM

Quote:
If you are so damn scared to hold your ground and protect what's yours, then stay out of the self defense thread. Grab your ankles and let the perpetrators and the LEOs have your way with you. I'll choose the opposite course of action. If you don't have money to ensure proper legal representation, you're already screwed. The judicial system doesn't preoccupy itself with the concept of Justice.
As many here have said: I'd rather be judged by twelve men, than carried by six.
Oh I'm not at all scared. I have protected myself and my property on a couple different occasions.

I think the beat answer for the OP is a camera, signs and motion lights. They work.

As for lawyers ... the best lawyer on the planet won't keep you out of jail if someone gets shot and this thread hits court.

No need to be grumpy because you got zinged on a spelling mistake and for acting like a keyboard tough guy lol
Old 12-19-2016, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Keep digging buddy. All youv'e done is give people the address of the nearest road to use as a urinal if your in the area.
The last thing that you want to do is **** around my place. There are video surveillance cameras monitoring the county road, and there are signs which inform the would-be ****ers of that. Actually, do give it a try. The sirens will be in your rear view mirror faster than you can tuck the "little feller" in and do up the zipper.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh I'm not at all scared. I have protected myself and my property on a couple different occasions.

I think the beat answer for the OP is a camera, signs and motion lights. They work.

As for lawyers ... the best lawyer on the planet won't keep you out of jail if someone gets shot and this thread hits court.

No need to be grumpy because you got zinged on a spelling mistake and for acting like a keyboard tough guy lol
I'm not tough behind a keyboard or in real life Your daughters would really like me, I'm a long haired, cute, sensitive, loving kind of a guy!
I'd have to respectfully disagree with your statement pertaining to lawyers. You can pay 10k for a trial or 100k for the same case. The difference is in the lawyer who represents you. If you can afford the best defense, you'd be downright foolish to settle for a lesser counsel. Personal connections matter, even in Canada.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
I don't think that you could produce any coherent sentences after busting your buns for twelve hours and then consuming half a liter of vodka. Either provide an argument which pertains to the topic being discussed or get lost.
I worked 20 hours yesterday and 15 today .... no time for Vodka I drink tequila. It's a mans drink.

You might need a nap. You seem tense.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
I'm not tough behind a keyboard or in real life Your daughters would really like me, I'm a long haired, cute, sensitive, loving kind of a guy!
I'd have to respectfully disagree with your statement pertaining to lawyers. You can pay 10k for a trial or 100k for the same case. The difference is in the lawyer who represents you. If you can afford the best defense, you'd be downright foolish to settle for a lesser counsel. Personal connections matter, even in Canada.
Not when you can prove intent in Canada ... this is all you need. Admiting in court to keeping a gun under your bed for safety is intent.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
I worked 20 hours yesterday and 15 today .... no time for Vodka I drink tequila. It's a mans drink.

You might need a nap. You seem tense.
Only if you are drinking Certeza or Corralejo anejo. I'll be napping soon, fishing tomorrow.
What do you do for a living? I hardly doubt that you placed 16,000 square feet of commercial concrete floors during your work hours.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Only if you are drinking Certeza or Corralejo anejo. I'll be napping soon, fishing tomorrow.
What do you do for a living? I hardly doubt that you placed 16,000 square feet of commercial concrete floors during your work hours.
I'm a gas plant operator. I placed 0 square feet of flooring. .. is that an impressive number or something?
Old 12-19-2016, 10:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not when you can prove intent in Canada ... this is all you need. Admiting in court to keeping a gun under your bed for safety is intent.
As I said, I was cleaning it when the perps broke in. It's a lucky coincidence. Here's the cleaning kit and a few dirty rags. My well paid lawyer will prove the rest in court.
Keep in mind that I occupy the only dwelling on a quarter section of land. I don't have any direct neighbors. The folks in the city shouldn't pay any attention to the gibberish spewed by me. Frankly no one should do that
Old 12-19-2016, 10:10 PM

Quote:
As I said, I was cleaning it when the perps broke in. It's a lucky coincidence. Here's the cleaning kit and a few dirty rags. My well paid lawyer will prove the rest in court.
Keep in mind that I occupy the only dwelling on a quarter section of land. I don't have any direct neighbors. The folks in the city shouldn't pay any attention to the gibberish spewed by me. Frankly no one should do that
Oh you're in luck .... I suspect nobody does
Old 12-19-2016, 10:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm a gas plant operator. I placed 0 square feet of flooring. .. is that an impressive number or something?
It means that your job consumes a tenth of calories and physical effort that my job does Kind of like comparing eating cheeseburgers to working the fields!
Old 12-19-2016, 10:13 PM
Banned

Wow ... I'm staying away from Glory Hole Road !!!
Old 12-19-2016, 10:14 PM

Quote:
It means that your job consumes a tenth of calories and physical effort that my job does Kind of like comparing eating cheeseburgers to working the fields!
Lol alright. Congrats on your masculinity

I spent a lot of years in Oil Field Construction. I don't work with my back anymore. Enjoy it.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh you're in luck .... I suspect nobody does
That's good. I'm in a unique position. I wouldn't want for anyone to pay attention to my silly rhetoric. As I said, carry on and do as you will. Remember my silly words when the law is grabbing you by the hips while you're holding onto your ankles
Old 12-19-2016, 10:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb356 View Post
Wow ... I'm staying away from Glory Hole Road !!!
You can come hunt coyotes. I saw 7 in a group about a month ago...
Old 12-19-2016, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Quick question, you are physically placing concrete, but yet can afford a quarter mil retainer fee? Care to let me in on some investment secrets?
Old 12-19-2016, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lol alright. Congrats on your masculinity

I spent a lot of years in Oil Field Construction. I don't work with my back anymore. Enjoy it.
I don't enjoy it. I do what I have to in order to pay for those fancy, learned lawyers! It's but a temporary vocation...
Old 12-19-2016, 10:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Quick question, you are physically placing concrete, but yet can afford a quarter mil retainer fee? Care to let me in on some investment secrets?
Come for a beer and I'll tell you a very interesting story. That, or you can wait a couple of months and I'll link a very interesting article for your enjoyment.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Come for a beer and I'll tell you a very interesting story. That, or you can wait a couple of months and I'll link a very interesting article for your enjoyment.
I have some questions stemming from a few intriguing comments on this thread. I may PM you someday soon..
Old 12-19-2016, 10:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
I have some questions stemming from a few intriguing comments on this thread. I may PM you someday soon..
Feel free to do that. I do not have any desire to hide my story, yet I will not post it on a public forum such as this one.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:28 PM
Banned

It's been fun, boys. I have fish to catch tomorrow (Hopefully) I know that avb3 is looking down at this thread from frack school and smiling...