Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-23-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Went to a buffet in Phoenix, can't remember the name of it due to PTSD from the incident.....grabbed a mixed bunch of greens from the salad bar. There was a used bandage in it. With blood. And some puss I think.
I've seen some ugly stuff in restaurants, but that was the worst. I'd rather have a roach climb out of my burger than find a used bandage. A friend had a toenail in his beef dip at Boston Pizza once, that was pretty bad.

I think I'll just eat at home for the rest of my life now, thanks.
You Win!!!
Old 08-23-2017, 05:19 PM

I was in a Boston Pizza

I kept getting a whif of what I thought was a dead body

Got up to use the washroom and walked past this woman. About 400 lbs in black stretchy pants... looked like a black garbage bag full of cottage cheese and door knobs.

The smell turned my guts so bad I hit the washroom then left.

Not sure what she had goin on, but I can't imagine how they allowed her in there.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:19 PM
Suspended User

So many gross things. One was a stray cat had kittens in the back of the old bakery in Rimbey. Old Sid just scraped off the top and used the rest of the bag.
Or the full curl and a half of red hair I had floating around in the sour cream at another restaurant.

The most life changing experience was at a food plant I did maintenance in a few years ago. I used to like sausage rolls, until I looked inside the machine that chopped them to length. 4 different colors growing inside. I wrote it up, and 3 weeks later the cleaning crew got trouble for it. A week after that they finally cleaned it. I don't touch much commercial foods anymore.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by last minute View Post
For me it was breakfast time at a restaurant very popular the coffee mug had lipstick on it the hash browns had a big long hair in it the waitress dropped the the cap to the hot sauce bottle and just picked it up and put it back on the bottle right in front of me ?
So at that point I lost my appetite told the manager and the waitress still wanted a tip “N.F.W”never been back to that chain restaurant.
When I have a choice I always take a paper cup. I have also returned cups with lip stick and some just lip smudges. More than once I have been enjoying my coffee when I found a previous coffee ring part way down.

Still think the bandage with blood and puss is winner here.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:32 PM

The wife just reminded me of her experience at BPs in Camrose years ago. She was splitting dessert with a friend, and they both tasted mint in the whipped cream. A couple bites later and she had a nice free piece of mint gum.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 08-23-2017, 05:50 PM

Talking Yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post

A family of 5 and everyone morbidly obese from the 10 year old on up...

In the Non-Food category, You WIN !!!
Old 08-23-2017, 05:52 PM

Restaurant I worked for as a teen: one of the fry cooks would rub the hotdogs up and down the crack of his bare ass when they were ordered just before close. He was not a hygienic man.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 08-23-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
You Win!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post

Still think the bandage with blood and puss is winner here.
Trust me, at the time it did not feel like a win. In fairness, when I showed the manager I got refund and they cleared the whole 20 foot salad bar...I watched them as I walked out.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-23-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
Restaurant I worked for as a teen: one of the fry cooks would rub the hotdogs up and down the crack of his bare ass when they were ordered just before close. He was not a hygienic man.
ROFL

You ever tell students that story?
Old 08-23-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
ROFL

You ever tell students that story?
Not giving them any ideas!

Marshall McLuhan
Old 08-23-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
The wife just reminded me of her experience at BPs in Camrose years ago. She was splitting dessert with a friend, and they both tasted mint in the whipped cream. A couple bites later and she had a nice free piece of mint gum.
Ok that's weird...not at that location but I was eating a pizza and was smelling peppermint and found the culprit baked into the crust of my last piece! !!
Old 08-23-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Awesome. Good for her. I would have drank andnthanked

You would of still drank it? Lol not me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2017, 07:10 PM

I wish I didn't read this right before dinner.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:21 PM
Banned

I was in a restaurant in New York in 2010 when Donald Trump walked in.

I win.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:40 PM

Moxie's chinook mall.

Had eaten most of my steak sandwich and most of the mushrooms. Found a cigarette butt in the mushrooms.

Waitress was horrified. Manager paid for all meals at the table and head office sent me a bunch of gift certificates and a letter a few weeks later. Best they could figure is a mushroom picker tossed his butt in the box of mushrooms. It looked just like a cooked mushroom.

Didn't taste like it though. Blegh.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:45 PM

Default Dog & Suds

Dog & Suds North Battleford 1976 I believe, closed down due to the garbage cans out back were full of dog food cans, we ate there the week before woof-woof!
WDF
Old 08-23-2017, 07:45 PM

Went to comedy Club in west Ed Mall.

Ordered steak (Medium) and garden salad/veggies.

Got the food, took a bite of steak, a little overdone.. but i've done worse on the grill at home.. wasn't mad.

Had a few bites of salad, chatting casually with the wife. Looked down at my plate, and there was a wee green caterpillar making for they safety of the edge of the plate!

Flagged down the Waitress, and told her that while I appreciate a fresh salad, this one was a little TOO fresh. She gagged and made a face, and whisked my plate away - came back 15 minutes with a new order (I hope?).

She asked how she could make it ok, I told her to tell the manager to make it right. So at the end of our meal, she brought us out two free tickets to another show (I live about 700km away, so I wasn't coming back anytime) and they were earmarked for one of the "off nights"... Sunday to Thursday.

I just gave the tickets to the next guy over, paid full price for the meal and went on my way. Thanks for the $12 tickets Mr Manager!

If I ever go back, i'll eat at another place.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:47 PM

What you dont know wont usually kill you.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:05 PM

Nisku McDonald's in 2014 or maybe 13.
Ordered a shamrock milkshake (usually delicious)
Half way through my milkshake I noticed what I thought were chunks of icecream in my mouth, proceeded to drink anyways..
After a few more mouthfuls I tried to let chunk of "ice cream" melt in my mouth and realized it wasn't icecream, it was broken chunks of red rubber o-ring....
Stormed into the store and asked for the manager. After a minute of stiring and staring into my o-ring milkshake the manager looked at me in the eyes and said "nice try, no freebies today buddy".

After few choice words on my behalf, I splashed my
Christmas coloured shake on the ceiling (childish I know, I was upset) and walked away before the situation got worse.

That was my last nisku McDonald's experience.

Last edited by Skoaltender; 08-23-2017 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:21 PM
Banned

Black Bear bar and grill aka old keg down town kelowna 2015. I had to run some cables in the old busted tbar ceiling above the kitchen as I removed a tile I was greeted by rats and a ton of rat chit. I told the owner and he chuckled and said they are the night cleaners.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:33 PM

I think I got you all beat.... Jezebels across from sait. We spent literally hundreds of dollars there every week, found a cigarette butt in our jug of beer and sent it back. Soon we noticed Nick behind the bar STRAINING the butt out into another jug using....his dirty bar rag.

Seriously it's the things you don't see in a restaurant that are scary. The waitress, handles every dirty plate and every fresh plate...they never wash their hands. The dishwasher puts the dirty dishes into the dishwasher and takes them out the other end...he doesn't have time to wash his hands.

When I worked at earls across from sait....years and years ago. They stacked raw chicken on top of the strawberries, that chicken juice drained into the strawberries and they put cream on them and served them.

It's the things you don't see that you should be most worried about. Dropping food on the floor and serving it is nothing compared to what could happen. The problems become big when food is contaminated and stored in a way that allows the contamination to grow and multiply. Good example, your dish rag at home....you'd be better licking your toilet than licking that rag. Wipe a bowl with your rag, put your macaroni salad in there and allow the yukkies to multiply and you've got a problem
Old 08-23-2017, 10:27 PM

Wow, Jezebel's and Nick! Brings back memories. I DJ'd there on and off in 88-89, filling in for when the other guy (?) was 'sick'....and Nick was certainly a peach of a man.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-23-2017, 11:04 PM

My wife has never eaten Chinese, since seeing one of the cooks spitting water into some dough being mixed. That was in Stettler 45 years ago.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
My wife has never eaten Chinese, since seeing one of the cooks spitting water into some dough being mixed. That was in Stettler 45 years ago.
Ahhh, the good old Club Cafe!

I wonder what ever happened to the duck, some young hunters set free in there?

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 08-23-2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Wow, Jezebel's and Nick! Brings back memories. I DJ'd there on and off in 88-89, filling in for when the other guy (?) was 'sick'....and Nick was certainly a peach of a man.
That's exactly when I was there
Old 08-23-2017, 11:35 PM

Really enjoying your guys disgusting experiences.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:35 AM
Banned

I just ran across this on a Calgary Reddit thread, thought I'ld stick it here...
http://www12.albertahealthservices.c.../SearchServlet
Old 08-24-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_r6 View Post

Had a few bites of salad, chatting casually with the wife. Looked down at my plate, and there was a wee green caterpillar making for they safety of the edge of the plate!
The worm was probably the safest most wholesome and cleanest thing to eat on that whole plate of food...
Old 08-24-2017, 07:32 AM

How about an old lady, (nothing against old ladies), making French Fries by peeling the potato with her panties hanging in the water.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
My bacon and eggs came with ants, live ants! I looked my plate some small red ants were running around others were struggling in the oil. I flagged over the waitress she asked if I wanted to reorder ????????

Watrous sask.
Curious, was it at the Pepper Tree?