Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-12-2017, 02:29 PM

Buy me some tins of Copenhagen "wintergreen". Tins of chew are $3 there and $30 here! Plus I can't buy wintergreen here.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
And the arrogant post of the year goes to....
I agree.....What a **** comment....We have owned a cabin down by Eureka for 6 years now and have met the nicest people in Montana. They have the best customer service and really appreciate the business we bring from Canada....I cannot say enough nice things that we have recieved from the citizens of Montana. All I have to say is keep up the great work you do down there and we will always return the nice gestures.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
And the arrogant post of the year goes to....
Where abouts are you located in Montana?
Old 08-12-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
Tell me more about these hashbrowns.
Add water and fry them up perfect for camping I'll have to stock up at Costco

https://idahoan.com/products/premium-hash-browns/
Old 08-12-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves1 View Post
If only I had known........ just got nailed with $91.45 broker fees by UPS. On $300.00 of (Pinto) parts !
USPS man!! The extra letter makes so much difference... I paid iirc 18 bucks brokerage on a 30 dollar set of visors. UPS can bite it.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
Where abouts are you located in Montana?
West Yellowstone.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
West Yellowstone.
Cool...We took a 2 week trip from Waterton for a wedding 2 years ago and came through West yellowstone, and out through Wyoming and into South Dakota and then back to Calgary. What an awsome camping trip it was
Old 08-12-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Cool...We took a 2 week trip from Waterton for a wedding 2 years ago and came through West yellowstone, and out through Wyoming and into South Dakota and then back to Calgary. What an awsome camping trip it was
It's not a bad place other than being over run with tourists during the summer. I try to stay out of town as much as possible other than work. I'm looking forward to winter so I can get out and do some sledding and ice fishing for sure!
Old 08-12-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
It's not a bad place other than being over run with tourists during the summer. I try to stay out of town as much as possible other than work. I'm looking forward to winter so I can get out and do some sledding and ice fishing for sure!
I agree...It was a gongshow driving through Yellowstone with a trailer...HAHA...

I will not forget the price tag of a case of water in West Yellowstone...10 bucks us dollars....which at the time was $13 CDN
Old 08-12-2017, 05:58 PM

They have Fordtruckin!! Local boy done good!

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-14-2017, 08:32 AM

Default more stuff

pick up some Hawken Wintergreen! CHEW IN A CAN!
Old 08-14-2017, 09:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deo101 View Post
Up to a $100,000 fine for a baby walker. We found that out after having one shipped to us here. It's ridiculous but thought I'd warn ya.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
What's the big deal about the walkers?
Old 08-14-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
Parents attention spans I think.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
They deemed them illegal in Canada because your child can wander to a staircase and fall down while in the walker. Any responsible parent would know better and use a baby gate or watch their child.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:35 PM
Banned

Default Copenhegan chew

Cherry Snuff under 5bucks!... 1 costs like $30 some bucks in canada but no cherry here.... and for some reason coffee taste weak over ther
Old 08-15-2017, 10:02 PM
Banned

We used to go to Kalispell for Canadian Days (80s), but the thing that I remember was the scenery... mountains and hills more weathered and old looking... beautiful in a different way.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOUNTAIN MICKEY View Post
Heard about Mooses bar for a lot of years but other than checking it out I don't see any reason to get a pass port to head to that crap hole of a country.
Quote:
I agree.....What a **** comment....We have owned a cabin down by Eureka for 6 years now and have met the nicest people in Montana. They have the best customer service and really appreciate the business we bring from Canada....I cannot say enough nice things that we have recieved from the citizens of Montana. All I have to say is keep up the great work you do down there and we will always return the nice gestures.
Got to agree! @#$% comment.I have worked in the States for 4 summers, spent over 12 spring breaks there with my kids and multiple river trips in Idaho and have met more DB's right here in lovely Alberta (and BC) than there. The people down there are friendly, courteous and the service is generally outstanding. There are also many incredibly beautiful places to see and visit. Get out of Elkford much?
Old 08-21-2017, 08:19 AM

Default update!!!

Nate!
how did the trip to Montana go for yah... lets see the list of good stuff you bought and did....
Old 08-21-2017, 08:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If there are multiple lanes to choose from, I look for an old fellow, or a young guy. The old fellow has usually seen it all and isn't trying to get a promotion, and the young guy usually hasn't developed much ambition yet. The 30 to 40 year old woman is usually trying to prove herself to get promoted, so she is usually the one that will be trying get the hardest to find something wrong.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLB73 View Post
pick up some Hawken Wintergreen! CHEW IN A CAN!
yup ... and some ...

Old 08-21-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:

Some people find when they're travelling (or anywhere besides their own living room) that they might get just be getting back what they project. I'm guessing that fellow could learn the sage saying & life advice that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:09 AM

Sorry the late update! We got back Sunday and I've been playing catch up since.
We only stayed 2 nights as I had to unfortunately come back to work...
Montana really blew me away, it looks a lot like home (Okanagan Valley) but what really took me back is the redneckness. Guns everywhere! Even billboards on the highways for Federal Ammunition! Concealed carry is a big thing there. The lady whose house we stayed at said her husband is now boycotting the local theater because they put a sign up saying "NO GUNS ALLOWED" haha 'How is he to protect us now?' all I could think is MERICA'!! even at the gun stores everything is on shelves to be picked up and handled (with trigger guards only) even the 'assault rifles'

We tried Famous Dave's, Buffalo Wild Wings and Krispy Crème, all of which were awesome!
Lots of shopping for the baby and wife, I got myself just a hoodie since I couldn't find any good knife deals there....
We only brought back some sauces that we don't have in Canada, some cereal, a 12 pack of WildClaws for the wife (never heard of them) and 18 pack of Miller Highlife's for me to try.
All in all it was a pretty good trip, things are defiantly cheaper down there but the exchange rate still kicks our butts.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate_K1500 View Post
Montana really blew me away, it looks a lot like home (Okanagan Valley) but what really took me back is the redneckness. Guns everywhere! Even billboards on the highways for Federal Ammunition! Concealed carry is a big thing there. The lady whose house we stayed at said her husband is now boycotting the local theater because they put a sign up saying "NO GUNS ALLOWED" haha 'How is he to protect us now?' all I could think is MERICA'!! even at the gun stores everything is on shelves to be picked up and handled (with trigger guards only) even the 'assault rifles'

We tried Famous Dave's, Buffalo Wild Wings and Krispy Crème, all of which were awesome!
Lots of shopping for the baby and wife, I got myself just a hoodie since I couldn't find any good knife deals there....
We only brought back some sauces that we don't have in Canada, some cereal, a 12 pack of WildClaws for the wife (never heard of them) and 18 pack of Miller Highlife's for me to try.
All in all it was a pretty good trip, things are defiantly cheaper down there but the exchange rate still kicks our butts.
MMM Famous Dave's! Love their corn bread muffins and sweat tea! Plus there isn't anywhere else I can think of with the same environment. (Main reason I go there). Hope you went into the Cabela's and Ski Haus while you were there. Did you get a chance at Chik Fila? Apparently its rather good and I believe Kallispell has the only one. Anyways if you ever make it down to west Yellowstone area give me a ring, I'll take you out so you can do more than just fondle the guns. lol I find it interesting of all the micro brews available in Montana you took home highlife. lol
Old 08-23-2017, 07:31 PM

Big R was always cool. Walmart for country folk. Cheap Chew, beer, fuel, feed, turns out they have it all
Old 08-23-2017, 08:03 PM
Gone Hunting

I heard they grow dental floss down there and ride around on pygmy ponies.

Is that true?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-23-2017, 08:18 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

Sounds like a good trip!!

I'll bet you were scared with all the guns everywhere and idiots shooting each other for no reason at all.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-24-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
MMM Famous Dave's! Love their corn bread muffins and sweat tea! Plus there isn't anywhere else I can think of with the same environment. (Main reason I go there). Hope you went into the Cabela's and Ski Haus while you were there. Did you get a chance at Chik Fila? Apparently its rather good and I believe Kallispell has the only one. Anyways if you ever make it down to west Yellowstone area give me a ring, I'll take you out so you can do more than just fondle the guns. lol I find it interesting of all the micro brews available in Montana you took home highlife. lol
I went to every sports store they had haha! We didn't get a chance to try chik fila but I did say "No way! Chik Fila" a couple times haha
I will defiantly take you up on your offer! I'd love to have the real MERICA' gun experience! and yeah I know I got highlife... we don't have it in Canada and I figured its gotta be better than normal MGD and sometimes i get a case of micro brews and they are horrible! i wasn't feeling to risky.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Sweat tea? Wrung out from a coffee-stained wife-beater undershirt?

I also find the beer choice curious as Miller High Life is in my local liquor store. I've heard there's a Chik Fil-A in the Calgary Airport as well. Regardless, it's a great place to go and I wish I had been down this year.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
what really took me back is the redneckness. Guns everywhere!
That what I noticed in every small town we passed through every second truck had a big bearded burly guy wearing camo with a gun rack in the back window full of guns and a pail full of fishing rods in the back.

Reminded me of the 70's
Old 08-24-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
I heard they grow dental floss down there and ride around on pygmy ponies.

Is that true?

Oh yea,

I'm movin there, Gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ialhaxhr7iA