Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-27-2011, 05:41 PM

Cool last mountain lake sask

Does anyone know if there are cabins to rent at Last Mountain Lake in Sask. Never been, so if anyone has info I'd appreciate it. Thanks
Old 03-27-2011, 05:54 PM

Maybe some info on here. www.fishingsaskatchewan.ca
Old 03-27-2011, 06:39 PM

yes they have some great little cabins at rowans ravine along with a great marina as well. here is a link. poor website so call the number
http://www.gsmarina.com/rowans.html
Old 03-28-2011, 07:10 PM

Thanks guys I appreciate it. Going for lakers on the last day then can't wait to get the boat out. Been a long winter. Hope you had a great season.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laker taker2 View Post
yes they have some great little cabins at rowans ravine along with a great marina as well. here is a link. poor website so call the number
http://www.gsmarina.com/rowans.html
x2 Nice cabins and great launch..
Old 03-28-2011, 08:23 PM

Have you had much luck there catching the monster walleye that lerk the waters. Are there any bad spots in the lake such as sand bars. I know it's a big lake but so is Cold Lake and I seen to find them no problem. Hahaha
Old 03-28-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straum View Post
Have you had much luck there catching the monster walleye that lerk the waters. Are there any bad spots in the lake such as sand bars. I know it's a big lake but so is Cold Lake and I seen to find them no problem. Hahaha
Lots of shallow points and sand bars, I would get a topo map..
As for the fishing right out of the marina on the right side I got 2 - 8 lber's and 1 - over 10..Lots of fish in this body of water..
Good luck..
Old 03-28-2011, 08:41 PM

the lake is like a little blue pill
Old 03-28-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
the lake is like a little blue pill
Grew up on that lake...man do I miss it

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 03-29-2011, 09:07 PM

Do you think late June is a good time to go or would you recommend another time. Why did you move away from this lake or area?
Old 03-30-2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straum View Post
Stay off the east shore by Island View, there is a rockpile to the south of there, about 80 yards off shore. Don't cut right accross Swanson's or Pelican points close to shore, as you will end up in really shallow water. Don't even go to the North End if you don't know where you are or what you are doing up there. There are more rocks than you could ever figure out anything to do with. Otherwise, you are pretty much good to go anywhere you wish. if I had to pick a best time of year to go to Last Mountian, I would go in the end of July to the Middle of August. You can get into really good bites for walleye, especially north or Rowan's Ravine on the Callingwood Rock Spine, and a little farther north at the Arlington Rock Pile. Crankbaits, and spinner rigs work really well this time of year, and it is realistic to expect to catch some walleye and pike in the double digits.

The spring will probably be a bit slow this year due to late ice out, and this lake can be very tough to fish at times. It can also be very rewarding if you hit it at the right time, and it is my personal favourite lake.

Chris K
Old 04-06-2011, 08:35 PM

Thanks Chris, i appreciate it. That is a huge perch in your picture when did you snag that one.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
Stay off the east shore by Island View, there is a rockpile to the south of there, about 80 yards off shore. Don't cut right accross Swanson's or Pelican points close to shore, as you will end up in really shallow water. Don't even go to the North End if you don't know where you are or what you are doing up there. There are more rocks than you could ever figure out anything to do with. Otherwise, you are pretty much good to go anywhere you wish. if I had to pick a best time of year to go to Last Mountian, I would go in the end of July to the Middle of August. You can get into really good bites for walleye, especially north or Rowan's Ravine on the Callingwood Rock Spine, and a little farther north at the Arlington Rock Pile. Crankbaits, and spinner rigs work really well this time of year, and it is realistic to expect to catch some walleye and pike in the double digits.

The spring will probably be a bit slow this year due to late ice out, and this lake can be very tough to fish at times. It can also be very rewarding if you hit it at the right time, and it is my personal favourite lake.

Chris K
X2 what Chris said this is my fave lake as well good luck. Chris hope to run into you this summer on the trail, Bart