Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-06-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
You are right Dace. Those dinosaurs do roam that water pretty good. I will join you on a hunt for some if you want this summer.
know of anyone with a jet?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:39 PM

im almost sure thats the NSR or is it SSR just outside of edmonton
Old 04-06-2011, 09:39 PM

Ya one person. He posts on the board once and awhile. He has a small single console 16 footer or so. We might have to pay him guiding fees to get him to take us to some of his spots if we are lucky. He is a super nice guy and puts in a ton of time to find his own little quiet spots. We can fish them from shore though. There is a ton of access on the river. Or float my little tinner down the river and get someone to pick us up where ever.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:41 PM

you guys cant drift through the spot with a boat or a rubber dingy?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Banned

thats on my bucket list this year.......catch a dinosaur
Old 04-06-2011, 11:07 PM

Caught this nice 5lber out of isle last June on a orange and chartreuse flasher jig tipped with a spotail shiner. I experimented around later and caught more walleye on the 6'' herring than the shiners!

Isle walleye.jpg

People can mess with life, but people can't mess with time.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
thats not lake X its river X no clue where it is, besides 20 miles from my door lake X isnt all that far from it tho. Dodger did you use the second one for bait to catch the first one?
The little one is a Sauger ! My first one ever, i caught about 6 of them that day.

Dodger.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
The little one is a Sauger ! My first one ever, i caught about 6 of them that day.

Dodger.
nice, havent got one of those yet, but I will add them to my list for this summer.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 04-07-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 View Post
the bow river blog.-my fish of the bow river!

Hey Fish Hunter7, I'm assuming you're going to release this brown if it's from the Bow? If you are, next time, please don't lay it on rough concrete to take a picture before trying to release it. I've been guilty of mishandling fish in the past as well but have since learned to just keep it in the water to get a pic, even if I'm by myself. It's so much better on the fish.

If you kept it, then disregard the above and my apologies.

Nice fish though.

Cheers.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:07 AM

Beautiful fish guys. I hope you don't mind me posting some pictures from New Zealand. I personally caught 8 different species of fish there. Blue Cod (no picture) Red Cod, Grey Boy Shark (Tiny), Barracuda, Gurnard, Kawhai, King Fish and a Small Red Snapper. I'll post a couple. My dad didn't do bad either. Now I cannot wait to go do some fly fishing this summer!

My First Barracuda, which was released back to the Sea.
Barracuda.jpg

My First Kahawai's, both 5 plus pounds. Double Header by the way. Taking them up from 200 feet of water really killed me.
Double header Kahawai.jpg

This is my first and only King fish, approximately 10-12 pounds. Hardest fighting fish I've ever landed. Was released by the way.
My Kingy.jpg

My Red Snapper, I landed while surf casting. Very first fish I caught in New Zealand. Didn't meet the size limit, resulted in being released.
Red Snapper.jpg

Here's my first Red Cod. Cool looking fish. Very slimmy tho, but didn't taste bad tho.
Red Cod.jpg

Karl Landed this 15-20 pound King fish, absolute beautiful fish, which was released. Karl was a Maori man that offered to take us out fishing and show us around and took us under his wing while we we're there.
Karl Kingy.jpg

These are just a hand full of picture's we took on our trip to New Zealand (my dad and I) if anyone is interested in seeing some more random picture's we uploaded them on my uncles website. Take a peek if you'd like, everything from hunting to fishing to my other uncles website (which took place when we were down there).
http://shakey.smugmug.com/Other/Lee-...78379613_bbLxN

Cheers,
Brett
Old 04-07-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtoad View Post
Hey Fish Hunter7, I'm assuming you're going to release this brown if it's from the Bow? If you are, next time, please don't lay it on rough concrete to take a picture before trying to release it. I've been guilty of mishandling fish in the past as well but have since learned to just keep it in the water to get a pic, even if I'm by myself. It's so much better on the fish.

If you kept it, then disregard the above and my apologies.

Nice fish though.

Cheers.
no i didnt keep that fish i cant keep any fish that looks as great as that. and yeah i know what i did to that fish is wrong. but i took a quick pic of it and realsed it after so he didnt flop around casusing his scales/slim to come off.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 View Post
no i didnt keep that fish i cant keep any fish that looks as great as that. and yeah i know what i did to that fish is wrong. but i took a quick pic of it and realsed it after so he didnt flop around casusing his scales/slim to come off.
Fair enough Fish Hunter7, I'm sure you'll be more careful in the future. Didn't mean to nag but I hate seeing released fish flopping on the rocks.

Here's my favorite brown from the Bow last year. Hit a dry fly during the stonefly hatch about a rod length away. Fought like a SOB and loved his colours.

Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P7110137.jpg (18.4 KB, 65 views)
Old 04-08-2011, 11:15 AM

This is a Pike that I caught out of Wab last Febuary.

Attachment 33195

People can mess with life, but people can't mess with time.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtoad View Post
Fair enough Fish Hunter7, I'm sure you'll be more careful in the future. Didn't mean to nag but I hate seeing released fish flopping on the rocks.

Here's my favorite brown from the Bow last year. Hit a dry fly during the stonefly hatch about a rod length away. Fought like a SOB and loved his colours.

Cheers.
was that brown under the bridge cause a brown under the bridge struck my tip of the rod when it was 2 inches above the water and snapped it off clean.
kinda madd about it luckly TFo had my back. and yeah i shake my head about it too. its just when they loose there scales and slime is when it hurts the fish. when you se the fish places on the rocks with your rod beside it its bassicly the same stuff