Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-18-2011, 07:40 PM

Default Last Mountain Lake Old Stone Barn

I often check out the fishing forums in Saskatchewan, and there's a story of people getting stranded by the old stone barn on last mountain lake. 12 people in fact, they had to make make shift bridges with ladders to rescue stranded fisherman off the lake. Last Mountains a crazy lake. Almost lost my pop there back in the day when he tried to drive from pelican point to Kedelston beach a few years ago. I'm pretty sure some guy lost his life on a quad by Kedelston this year. Its one of those years people can't wait to get on the ice and are not using their heads. Stories on fishingsaskatchewan.ca
Old 12-18-2011, 07:46 PM

Wouldn't surprise me...I'm not sure what the conditions have been like down there this year, but there are always stupid people who push things just a little too far. I grew up out that way and my dad lives in Glen Harbour...I should be talking to him some time in the next few days, so I'll ask him if he knows anything about it then.

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 12-18-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Wouldn't surprise me...I'm not sure what the conditions have been like down there this year, but there are always stupid people who push things just a little too far. I grew up out that way and my dad lives in Glen Harbour...I should be talking to him some time in the next few days, so I'll ask him if he knows anything about it then.
I went and read the other forum on this...not what I expected at all...doesn't sound like these folks were pushing it, just sounds like the nature of the lake. Glad to hear that it all worked out in the end and everybody made it off safely. Kudos to those on shore who helped.

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 12-19-2011, 05:20 AM

It's a nice shore lunch spot in the summer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01509.jpg (53.2 KB, 85 views)