Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-21-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
I am no Lund saleman - lol.

I have zero to gain here - lol.

Not sure why you are raging here and continue to troll my post and repeated try to incite a reaction.

I am trying to help out the OP with an honest sincere opinion.

If you don't think a Lund is a far superior boat to a Mirrocraft just say so - I'd like to see you put that one in writing ......

I think, once your blindness from your rage subsides, you will see I mentioned on many occasions, that there are many premium quality brands out there.

Maybe just scroll up a little ......lol

Take a deep breath ......it will all be OK soon ......lol

No rage here.

I am just simply pointing out that every boat post on here has you pointing out how much better Lunds are then any other boat available.

Alumacraft and Crestliner were mentioned which are on the same level as a Lund and plenty of people like them more then a Lund.

That was my whole point to the post.

Just because you own a new Lund doesn't mean it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Just because you think so doesn't mean you have to push it like a salesman does to someone that is open minded about looking at all brands.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post

No rage here.

I am just simply pointing out that every boat post on here has you pointing out how much better Lunds are then any other boat available.

Alumacraft and Crestliner were mentioned which are on the same level as a Lund and plenty of people like them more then a Lund.

Just because you own a new Lund doesn't mean it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Just because you think so doesn't mean you have to push it like a salesman does to someone that is open minded about looking at all brands.
Let's be honest here, Lunds are the best boat you can get. You want a top of the line ATV? Get a Can-Am. You want a top of the line boat? Get a Lund. There is no substitute or equal to a Lund.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
Let's be honest here, Lunds are the best boat you can get. You want a top of the line ATV? Get a Can-Am. You want a top of the line boat? Get a Lund. There is no substitute or equal to a Lund.
See that is where you are wrong.

I would put any equal model of Crestliner or Alumacraft up against a Lund and they would almost always perform just as good or better.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
See that is where you are wrong.

I would put any equal model of Crestliner or Alumacraft up against a Lund and they would almost always perform just as good or better.
I agree Crestliner and Alumacraft Boats are also premium brands of boats - I have been consistent in offering this opinion in many of my posts. Please do a search and look for yourself......

Based on a combination of specification, features, customer satisfaction, personal experience and engineering - I will suggest that Lunds would receive, in general, more top marks in each selective category than any other brand out there.

I have done exhaustive research on many brands of boats recently which strongly underpins my perspective.

So am I saying the Lunds are the very best ????? it really depends at which price point you are looking at is the best answer I can give you. If I'm pressed for a affirmative yes or no ....... the answer is yes - they are the very best mass produced boat on the market.

The difference between us (you and me) is this ........ I am offering the OP and fellow member my sincere opinion on this issue - you, on the other hand are just trolling and stirring the pot for no reason ......

Can you add value to this discussion and provide an opinion?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:

No rage here.

I did extensive research prior to selecting my boat. I looked at Crestliners, Kingfisher and AlumaCraft boats in various price ranges and configurations.

I also spent some time looking at many other brands out there but was quickly unimpressed when comparing the premium brands to the mid-market boats.

You might be surprised to note - prior to my research I had Kingfisher and Crestliner "picked out" as my favorites...... so, I would suggest that my mind is quite open.

If you are unhappy about my perspective ...... then please offer some advice of your own other than general comments and silly accusations.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
I did extensive research prior to selecting my boat. I looked at Crestliners, Kingfisher and AlumaCraft boats in various price ranges and configurations.

I also spent some time looking at many other brands out there but was quickly unimpressed when comparing the premium brands to the mid-market boats.

You might be surprised to note - prior to my research I had Kingfisher and Crestliner "picked out" as my favorites...... so, I would suggest that my mind is quite open.

If you are unhappy about my perspective ...... then please offer some advice of your own other than general comments and silly accusations.
Please show me where I have accused you of anything? I simply pointed out what I noticed in the boat threads recently.

I have given my advice and that is to look at a bunch of boats and don't follow the hype of a name.

If you were to compare one of the other big name top end boats to the same model comparison in a Lund the other brand is going to be quite a bit cheaper which means you can't compare pricing with similar models.

To get the same price point Lund as a similar model in another premium brand you would have to drop down a model or 2 to compare pricing wise.

I am not saying Lunds are a bad boat but they are over priced and have way to much hype around them that makes them seem better then they really are.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Please show me where I have accused you of anything? I simply pointed out what I noticed in the boat threads recently.

I have given my advice and that is to look at a bunch of boats and don't follow the hype of a name.

If you were to compare one of the other big name top end boats to the same model comparison in a Lund the other brand is going to be quite a bit cheaper which means you can't compare pricing with similar models.

To get the same price point Lund as a similar model in another premium brand you would have to drop down a model or 2 to compare pricing wise.

I am not saying Lunds are a bad boat but they are over priced and have way to much hype around them that makes them seem better then they really are.
Yup ..... lol ..... I figured as much....... case in point.

Last edited by EZM; 03-22-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:31 AM

Default Hull design

Usually I have stir stick out,stirring like a mad shacker .

I have owned 11 Lunds....2crestliners ....smoker craft ...

Prince craft ....Naden....alumarine.

Firstly I don't think Lunds are over priced if you don't buy them in

Alberta...perhaps there is a reasonable dealer here now...I bought the crest liner
From free spirit because I didn't think Lund was worth 6k more .....but I didn't shop.

Like all manufactures Lund has models that are more fish able ....
Better appointed for certain kinds of angling.
Alumacraft the same , some models not so good but I have shopped them in Alberta and they are more than Lunds...

If you are a walleye guy and backtrolling shield structure than the IPS hull
Cannot be beat , stays put in the wind like you are anchored.....Crestl
Too buoyant ,ride too high....like fishin on a bobber in the wind .

Reservoir fisherman almost always windy ,using bow mount ....
You want that ass end to stay sorta stable ,IPS can't be beat

Lund driest ride ,best chime system,though sometimes a little
Under powered in certain models...The Impact
is not one of them .

If your going out with a boat load of kids and anchoring , the point is moot
Buy what you will ,you will only notice the difference when you go to sell.

Interestingly the best Alumacraft dealer I have found is Luke's Town
Service on the trans Canada in Elie Manitoba.

In the northern USA they will sell more boats this year than there are
In Alberta period . The bible is Walleye Central for info....

Sorry also I worked for Lund for a number of years.....no company
Caters to the angler more than Lund...
Old 03-22-2013, 06:57 PM

Losing warranty doesn't matter when buying south of the border. When you do the math and factor in what warranty really covers you could replace or fix anything and still be ahead. Its just a gimmick for sales people to scare dumb consumers into buying something for more than what it's worth.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:25 AM

FYI, Lund, Crestliner, and Princecraft are all made by the Brunswick Boat company.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
FYI, Lund, Crestliner, and Princecraft are all made by the Brunswick Boat company.
Yes, but all 32 marine companies, owned by Brunswick, who produce boats, motors, boating parts continue to be run as completely independent organizations and business units.

They probably enjoy volume discounts from OEM parts and motor makers like Mercury, Perko, Allied, ShoreLand'r etc.... and probably purchase volumes of aluminum under one centralized and aggregated volume discount .... but that's where it ends.

All are run by a completely separate and independent management team, all are responsible for their P/L's, business plan, marketing strategy and engineering. They also operate independent manufacturing plants in different parts of the world. Their Supply Chain is the only real connection.

To suggest they are the "same" in any way beyond that probably isn't accurate.

Because they do not post segmented and independent financial statements as public information does not mean they are not run in that same fashion.

Last edited by EZM; 03-23-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Yes, but all 32 marine companies, owned by Brunswick, who produce boats, motors, boating parts continue to be run as completely independent organizations and business units.

They probably enjoy volume discounts from OEM parts and motor makers like Mercury, Perko, Allied, ShoreLand'r etc.... and probably purchase volumes of aluminum under one centralized and aggregated volume discount .... but that's where it ends.

All are run by a completely separate and independent management team, all are responsible for their P/L's, business plan, marketing strategy and engineering. They also operate independent manufacturing plants in different parts of the world. Their Supply Chain is the only real connection.

To suggest they are the "same" in any way beyond that probably isn't accurate.

Because they do not post segmented and independent financial statements as public information does not mean they are not run in that same fashion.
Nobody saying they are the same. But there are more and more similarities starting to work its way into each of the boats now being under the same family umbrella for several years. The gap is not as big as it might have been back in the day.

So hows that profit sharing working out for you?
Old 03-24-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
Nobody saying they are the same. But there are more and more similarities starting to work its way into each of the boats now being under the same family umbrella for several years. The gap is not as big as it might have been back in the day.

So hows that profit sharing working out for you?
I have no shares in Brunswick ............ probably too many in the company I work for and they are treating me like a diaper .....lol.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
I have no shares in Brunswick ............ probably too many in the company I work for and they are treating me like a diaper .....lol.
Ha ha ha I hear ya brother.