Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-29-2009, 12:41 AM

Default Groundblind Recomendations

I have been looking at getting a ground blind for the wife and I. What brand do you guys use? What should I be paying attention to when looking for one?
Thanks
Old 07-29-2009, 03:22 AM

I heard from a few guys that Luckys Hunting blinds are awesome, also about the only one that comes in snow camo too. They said that getting the blinds(from the States) was sort of a pain though.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmered View Post
I have been looking at getting a ground blind for the wife and I. What brand do you guys use? What should I be paying attention to when looking for one?
Thanks
For waterfowl? I lile my x-lander. You can fill it full of decoys (sils) and it still folds up decently.

If you're talking about a tent style hunting blind for big game - i couldn't say as I don't own one.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:07 AM
sheephunter

Hard to beat the Double Bull blinds.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:17 AM

I use Final Approach Express Eliminator its light weight and mobile have 3 of them now and realy like them the price is pretty resonable to got them off ebay for 120 bucks or somthing like that
Old 07-29-2009, 11:23 AM

For fowling, I would definitely recommend the Final Approach x-lander.
Very low profile and doubles as a silo carrier. It also has a shotgun scabboard.
Our group has 4 of them.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:13 PM

I own the predator ground max. Blind didnt cost alot.( 140 bucks) sets up in under a min. can do it in the dark. Some reviews say it is made real cheap and falls apart.......well mine has been good for 2 seasons and i hunt hard with it. not rough just hard.

AL
Old 07-29-2009, 12:33 PM

Just got a 2 person ameristep pop up off Kijiji, used for 20 bucks. I have not used it for hunting yet, but popped it up in the backyard a couple of times and seems fine. Also, the kids have played with it for 2 hours (which would equal the wear and tear of 2 hunting seasons) and even they did not manage to break it or rip a hole into it!
Old 07-29-2009, 12:38 PM

for waterfowling our whole group uses fa elimnator sport utility blinds, one of there bigger blind but awesome we put everything in them from boxes of shells, lunches even a cooler lol, and alota ppl use them to put there dog in there with them. i even take naps when the day is slower in them very comfortaable. i like them alot they sit higher then all the low pro blinds but the geese have no issues with them cuz we cover them up until we cant even find them anymore. one guy outta our group uses a avreys pro hunt, its a low pro bivvy blind but the great it has a cage that covers ur face and upper part of ur body, awesome cuz it doesnt abstruct ur vision
Old 07-29-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Hard to beat the Double Bull blinds.