Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-12-2008, 12:38 PM

Default Fishing In Cabo

Going down to Cabo with the wife in Nov, thought I would try and get a day of fishing in while we were there.
I have checked out a few outfits on the internet that looked pretty good. Thought maybe somebody on here may have done some fishing down there before and might have some recomendations.
Any info on good or bad charter companies would be appreciated.
Going to try out the buggys at Wide Open Baja while I am there as well.
OHH and Sammy Hagar's Cabo Wabo bar
Old 09-12-2008, 10:12 PM

Good luck Rigg and you suck!

My ex boss goes every year and has a blast. I think that from him, the only advice I can offer is to flash some cash before the boat is untied, and give the captain a bit of the tip up front (don't let him know that of course). If there are deckhands, quietly toss 'em a bill also without the captain lookin'. Might cost ya an extra $1-2US in the end, but that just might make the difference between catching fish, or catcing FISH.

Good luck and pics are required!

Tree
Old 09-12-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigg dogg View Post
Going down to Cabo with the wife in Nov, thought I would try and get a day of fishing in while we were there.
I have checked out a few outfits on the internet that looked pretty good. Thought maybe somebody on here may have done some fishing down there before and might have some recomendations.
Any info on good or bad charter companies would be appreciated.
Going to try out the buggys at Wide Open Baja while I am there as well.
OHH and Sammy Hagar's Cabo Wabo bar
Rigg if you pm me i can forward you to a friend who guides out there.

Theres ton's of great fishing out there . Wicked marlin fishing, and mauhi mauhi (dolpan fish)

Last edited by BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES; 09-12-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:27 AM

Default Cabo

Hey BBJ, PM sent.
Tree Guy, I have been on a couple deep sea trips and it's just like you say.
MONEY TALKS, I have never tried giving them money at the start of the trip though. Might be the trick. Let them know there might be more if we do good. But it is still fishing though, can't expect the world.
I have only had 1 REAL bad deep sea experience and that was in Mazahtlan, nothing like an 8 hr boat ride in the heat to turn you off .
We were on one trip where we were catching Mahi Mahi pretty steady, the deck hand was cleaning them as fast as they came in and staying on top of rigging lines and all other duties. Gave him an extra 40$.
He seemed pretty happy with that.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:03 AM

Here's a few pics from some previous trips.
To bad a guy wasn't born RICH instead of good looking, could be doing this fishing thing FULL TIME

Don't get excited guys, don't know who those LADIES are Just a pic from a lodge in Panama
Old 09-13-2008, 01:07 AM

I wish I could find them pictures from cabo I got some really nice mahi mahi . Defenetly nice marlin. And sail fish. Bull shark are fun too lol .
Old 10-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Banned

We were down in Cabo last April and had a blast fishing, caught some tuna, mahi mahi and a bonita. We went with Teo and his boat was called the Cabo Marlini, great guy and would not hesitate to go with him again, in fact we are planning on it. We just went down to the harbour one afternoon and watched the boats come in and whoever had a lot of flags we went with. We just wanted fish so we went with Teo because he ahd a lot of flags whereras a couple other boats only had one or two flags up but they were marlin. Next time we go down its definetly on a marlin hunting trip. You are going down there in prime time marlin season. Make sure to post pics for us.