Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-05-2008, 12:43 PM

Wink Ice Fishing near Edmonton

Hello all,
I know this may be a tad early. I was asked to take some Cadets out for an ice fishing trip this winter. I do some ice fishing, but generally out at Carson lake. I don't do much fishing near Edmonton anymore, due to poor results in years past. Anyways, does anyone have any thoughts on where to ice fish around Edmonton. (1-1.5 hrs away max.) Don't care what type of fish....but would really like to land some fish with the boys. Nothing worse than taking out some boys and getting skunked. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:48 PM

you could take them out to pigeon and try for some walleye. when you are ready to go give me a pm. if you need a hand i've got a power auger and a few extra rods.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
Hello all,
I know this may be a tad early. I was asked to take some Cadets out for an ice fishing trip this winter. I do some ice fishing, but generally out at Carson lake. I don't do much fishing near Edmonton anymore, due to poor results in years past. Anyways, does anyone have any thoughts on where to ice fish around Edmonton. (1-1.5 hrs away max.) Don't care what type of fish....but would really like to land some fish with the boys. Nothing worse than taking out some boys and getting skunked. Thanks.
Sent PM