Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-04-2013, 10:56 PM

Its a lot harder then you would think to lock down a town any town.

Were not like New Orleans were more law abiding. Ha ha that's funny. In a perfect world your right.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:12 PM

^ Son you have obviously never been there.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
^ Son you have obviously never been there.
lol exactly.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Thanks to rm and Hag for updating my history --- I suppose when I was an undergrad history major at the U, History 322 (German) was early in the morning and I dozed off.... Never-the-less, comparing the atrocities tried at Nurenberg (for which some of the defendents were a unappologetic and even defiant)---with what RCMP did in the HR seizures is in poor taste.
History is riddled with bad acts that have not served as "lessons" to following generations. For history to repeat itself, it is requisite to have similar political/social/etc conditions --- and we are not living in '40's Germany. And just a bit more tobacco for your pipe, I also believe that refering to "police" as "Gestapo" or any level of government (and Range Officers) as Nazi's, is in poor taste.
Why don't you help educating these poor souls who really care about what is happening to them.

May I suggest that yo steer away from Nuremburg to the "Machtergreifung" in 1933 where the government could legislate contrary to the constitution.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:07 PM

Grey, legislating to sieze power is on a bit different level than what is being discussed in this thread. And, we all know what happened to the brown shirt movement in the end.
It will be interesting to revive this thread in a month when some facts have been made public. Perhaps a bit early to predict, but I think Chicken Little may have exagerated the situation...
Old 07-06-2013, 08:46 PM

I have always said that I would not evacuate and have, in fact, refused to do so in the past. This story convinces me this is the right stance to take. Leeper