Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-10-2013, 08:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo Snukkle View Post
FAF, you would never pick out the pros in this group. All very humble guys. Last years barrel was won in a draw with everyone being eligible. Was won by a pro,(pro cheesecake eater that is). Hopefully the format stays the same.
Well put Moo, everyone comes out a winner.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:14 PM

A HUGE thank you to member Northwinds (Northwinds Trout Ltd.) for the donation of a huge crusher cone fire pit for this years shoot. A lot of laughs and comradery is going to be shared around the fire this year. Thanks again!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Banned

And, I have just received 2 parcels from the bullet smiths (Sierra) as prize donations. Boy oh boy, this year is going to be spectacular. Many thanks to the good folks at Sierra Bullets.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:59 PM

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you and possibly making an arse of myself at the campfire. Wait.....is it that kind of gathering or should I leave the beer at home?

I don't think ill be a threat on the firing line but looking forward to honing my shooting skills. I took my daughter to the range last night to practice with her new rifle. First time she shot a big game cartridge. She did pretty well for her first time. Shes only ever shot a 22 mag. It'll be a good time for sure.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie135 View Post
I'm looking forward to meeting some of you and possibly making an arse of myself at the campfire. Wait.....is it that kind of gathering or should I leave the beer at home?

I don't think ill be a threat on the firing line but looking forward to honing my shooting skills. I took my daughter to the range last night to practice with her new rifle. First time she shot a big game cartridge. She did pretty well for her first time. Shes only ever shot a 22 mag. It'll be a good time for sure.
Bring beer Hogie. And please, do not feel any intimidation whatsoever. It's all about having a great time with like minded people. And as I stated earlier, everyone comes out a winner. Dick284 who is the primary driving force behind this yearly event puts much emphasis on youngsters. Without them, our sport will fade. Your daughter and you will enjoy it, I promise.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:

X2 on this Hogie! Took my boy shooting his 270 yesterday, although not his first time. we worked on shooting from our butts instead of off the bench. The boys was smashing clays like crazy. Sure put a smile on my face!!

I am really looking forward to next weekend!!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:11 PM

[QUOTEfall fAirFever;2080391]X2 on this Hogie! Took my boy shooting his 270 yesterday, although not his first time. we worked on shooting from our butts instead of off the bench. The boys was smashing clays like crazy. Sure put a smile on my face!!

I am really looking forward to next weekend!![/QUOTE]

I've got alot more 243 brass for you buddy. By the time the shoot is over you'll have plenty.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallAirFever View Post
X2 on this Hogie! Took my boy shooting his 270 yesterday, although not his first time. we worked on shooting from our butts instead of off the bench. The boys was smashing clays like crazy. Sure put a smile on my face!!

I am really looking forward to next weekend!!
But really, all nice things set aside and political correctness set aside. I truly mean to kick your sorry arses.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
But really, all nice things set aside and political correctness set aside. I truly mean to kick your sorry arses.
So the leprechaun with the rainbow gun is talking smack now?

LC
Old 08-16-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
I was just tryin to be friendly when I said I was no threat on the firing line. I'm pretty sure that ill be kickin yours and lefty's arses all over the place. I can shoot straighter than rainbows.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:23 PM

[QUOTE=Hogie135;2080410

I've got alot more 243 brass for you buddy. By the time the shoot is over you'll have plenty.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Git, can't wait to be schooled, I'm rooting for you!

Hogie, thanks, I look forward to meeting you.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:47 PM

I'm taking all the prizes. Just an FYI. Yes, I've been drinking. The wife/babysitter is gone so I'm trying to get myself in trouble.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
So the leprechaun with the rainbow gun is talking smack now?

LC
Oh! hurt me bad chrome dome. I'm the Velocity garden gnome variety baby! I will take you down, starting at the knee caps.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Oh! hurt me bad chrome dome. I'm the Velocity garden gnome variety baby! I will take you down, starting at the knee caps.
I will fart in your general direction!

LC
Old 08-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm taking all the prizes. Just an FYI. Yes, I've been drinking. The wife/babysitter is gone so I'm trying to get myself in trouble.
Drinking and keyboards.....oh, darn, done that a couple of times. Not good.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
I will fart in your general direction!

LC
And you probably won't realize that you did so. Comes with age buddy, don't be ashamed, there will be someone there to look after you.. I just don't change diapers or Depends is all.....you're on your own pardner.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
And you probably won't realize that you did so. Comes with age buddy, don't be ashamed, there will be someone there to look after you.. I just don't change diapers or Depends is all.....you're on your own pardner.
I said fart not shart.....turn up the hearing aid.....

LC
Old 08-18-2013, 09:09 AM

I just confirmation that the burgers and cheese are sponsored up now.
Thanks for finding that sponsor Duceman!

I've got 3 days of work this week to get outta the way, then it's gonna be happening. Those 3 days are gonna feel like 3 weeks!

There are no absolutes
Old 08-18-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post

I've got 3 days of work this week to get outta the way, then it's gonna be happening. Those 3 days are gonna feel like 3 weeks!
Yeah I have a feeling that this week will drag, cant wait for the weekend. On the other hand I have a few things I want to get done this week and I am sure it will end up feeling like I have no time for them.

As long as my truck is packed and pointed north by 1:00 on Friday and Git has a spot saved for my tent and a beer on ice for me, the rest will figure itself out!
Old 08-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallAirFever View Post
Yeah I have a feeling that this week will drag, cant wait for the weekend. On the other hand I have a few things I want to get done this week and I am sure it will end up feeling like I have no time for them.

As long as my truck is packed and pointed north by 1:00 on Friday and Git has a spot saved for my tent and a beer on ice for me, the rest will figure itself out!
You got it my friend. Spot will be saved for you and somethin' on ice for ya. It's been a while since we last connected, looking forward to seeing you and the boyz again. I might even introduce you to Chrome Dome, if you don't mind the metro-sexual dudes.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
You got it my friend. Spot will be saved for you and somethin' on ice for ya. It's been a while since we last connected, looking forward to seeing you and the boyz again. I might even introduce you to Chrome Dome, if you don't mind the metro-sexual dudes.
How is that hang-nail healing up?....are you dehydrated from all the tears? Don't worry I think my 1 yr old niece will lend me a Carebear for you to cry yourself to sleep with with your gargantuan cranium on that huuuuge pillow

LC
Old 08-18-2013, 02:07 PM

Just picked up some swag from Remington and Barnes Bullets. A few more prizes to throw in the pot.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
How is that hang-nail healing up?....are you dehydrated from all the tears? Don't worry I think my 1 yr old niece will lend me a Carebear for you to cry yourself to sleep with with your gargantuan cranium on that huuuuge pillow

LC
Oh, you are gonna be some hurting. Gotta love that friendly bantering between you and I don't you. Looking forward to hanging with you buddy...
Old 08-18-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Oh, you are gonna be some hurting. Gotta love that friendly bantering between you and I don't you. Looking forward to hanging with you buddy...
Same here! Should be a good time and our personal challenge tie breaker event!

What's your favourite kind of hard alcohol?....lemon gin?

LC
Old 08-18-2013, 02:17 PM

Man, I feel like a kid waiting for xmas! Ill need some room for my giant tent as well. Its huge. Just watch for the grey dodge ram with a blue haired kid in it.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
Just picked up some swag from Remington and Barnes Bullets. A few more prizes to throw in the pot.
It's gonna be a gooder Pre- Dater "as Dick calls you". Bullet people stepping up to the plate to make this Alberta event reckonized. And the donations for groceries and what have you, most awesome. The friendly bantering and challenges issued? ...... priceless.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Banned

Nothing better than re-connecting with old buddies and making new ones. This event goes far beyond all expectations. I am soooo pumped to say the least.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Nothing better than re-connecting with old buddies and making new ones. This event goes far beyond all expectations. I am soooo pumped to say the least.
No kidding. Can't wait!
With all the friendly banter going on, maybe we should make this a North vs South kind of event. But then again we all know how that turned out for the south lol.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Banned

Default yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
No kidding. Can't wait!
With all the friendly banter going on, maybe we should make this a North vs South kind of event. But then again we all know how that turned out for the south lol.
Yooo, we brought in more shooters than the Lord has snow shoes. And we will do likewise this year. Pffffttt.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:13 PM

Careful with the "chrome dome" references gitrdun or you'll be having lunch with me and Lefty. We'll supply the sausage while you toss the salad. Capiche!!!!!!!!!!!