Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-16-2018, 03:37 PM

Default New giveaway video up on my channel!!

Hey guys, as an attempt to gain subscribers, i have announced a giveaway on my channel. Check it out and enter if you wish! Thanks in advance.

https://youtu.be/HpYuFMS5_wg
Old 01-16-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnuts View Post
Hey guys, as an attempt to gain subscribers, i have announced a giveaway on my channel. Check it out and enter if you wish! Thanks in advance.

https://youtu.be/HpYuFMS5_wg
careful. Sounds like a business and you need to be a sponsor to advertise. Check the rules.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 01-16-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
careful. Sounds like a business and you need to be a sponsor to advertise. Check the rules.
Not a business, I've posted a couple videos on here before and never had a problem.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
I went to his channel (some great vids!) and I don't see ads on the vids.

His pike and brown trout one is my fav.

Giveaway or not, lots of AO folks share and promote their vids and channel here on AO.

I love it!!

Keeps me sane in the office when I can't get out to put a rod in hand.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iYearn View Post
I went to his channel (some great vids!) and I don't see ads on the vids.

His pike and brown trout one is my fav.

Giveaway or not, lots of AO folks share and promote their vids and channel here on AO.

I love it!!

Keeps me sane in the office when I can't get out to put a rod in hand.
Haha thanks man! I appreciate it. That was definitely one of my best days on the water last season! I was late for a fairly important dinner after because of it too haha

Old 01-17-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Oh jump in a lake!
Old 01-18-2018, 01:52 AM

Good idea! I think I gotta get something like this going on my channel! I’ve been subbed to you for a little while now, you got some awesome content! Hope this helps you grow your channel, and fingers crossed I get myself a new tablet haha
Old 01-20-2018, 08:57 AM

Should be fun to see how this goes for you. I have been on Youtube for a little while now and I only have 826 subscribers as of today (Though it is going up better nowadays.)

I have been debating doing the same thing on my channel for a while.

Let me know when you get to the million view club. I got there just this month.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
Oh jump in a lake!
Lol

To make money as a business on YouTube you need 1000 subscribers and 10,000 views.

Yes I know because YouTube sent me a notification. There are lots of people making money off views as well as free product.

They are nice videos. It was just a reminder.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 01-20-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Lol

To make money as a business on YouTube you need 1000 subscribers and 10,000 views.

Yes I know because YouTube sent me a notification. There are lots of people making money off views as well as free product.

They are nice videos. It was just a reminder.
You must not need 1000 subscribers if you have a certain number of views though, because I don't have over 900 subscribers, yet I am still making good revenue. Mind You, my most famous video has over 1 million views.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:55 AM

They (YouTube) just recently changed the rules. In order to monetize(make money on ads) your videos, starting February 20th, channel must have 1000 subscribers and 4000 hrs of watching time of your content over last 12 months.

https://bit.ly/2RNVTKm
Old 01-21-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchat12 View Post
Good idea! I think I gotta get something like this going on my channel! I’ve been subbed to you for a little while now, you got some awesome content! Hope this helps you grow your channel, and fingers crossed I get myself a new tablet haha
Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words and hoping to have some new content this week. Otherwise will be Sunday or Monday once I have a chance to put content from the Gull Lake derby on the 27th together.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the11fisherman View Post
You must not need 1000 subscribers if you have a certain number of views though, because I don't have over 900 subscribers, yet I am still making good revenue. Mind You, my most famous video has over 1 million views.
It takes effect February 20th. So you're good until then. I personally have a LONG way to go!!

As an attempt to help out the youtuber's, maybe they should all link their youtube accounts and fellow youtubers can sub!
Old 01-21-2018, 09:34 PM

Quote:
It takes effect February 20th. So you're good until then. I personally have a LONG way to go!!

As an attempt to help out the youtuber's, maybe they should all link their youtube accounts and fellow youtubers can sub!
I just got the email today......well......I think I can round up the remaining subscribers that I need before then. May do a prize like you have done. Only need a little less than 200 more. I've had over 600 000 hours of view time this year, so no worry there.

If you wanna subscribe to my channel, the link is below. I will do the same for all those that have posted theirs in this area.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
I just got the email today......well......I think I can round up the remaining subscribers that I need before then. May do a prize like you have done. Only need a little less than 200 more. I've had over 600 000 hours of view time this year, so no worry there.

If you wanna subscribe to my channel, the link is below. I will do the same for all those that have posted theirs in this area.
Pretty sure i sub'd you already. But i don't see the link

Old 01-21-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Pretty sure i sub'd you already. But i don't see the link

Its in my signature
Old 01-21-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Its in my signature
Ah...i didn't see it from the app

Old 01-21-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:

600K HRS seems to be a little too much for your channel. I bet you got this number of channels stats, but read careful, they show it in minutes. You are still good, as you divide 600K by 60, so you must have just over 10K HRS.

Look again and let me know if I'm wrong.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:33 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angler View Post
600K HRS seems to be a little too much for your channel. I bet you got this number of channels stats, but read careful, they show it in minutes. You are still good, as you divide 600K by 60, so you must have just over 10K HRS.

I just realized that I added 1 too many zeros. For the last 12 months as of today I have 5 725 687 minutes of views. Divide that by 60 (60 minutes to the hour) and you get 95 428.12 hours.

I had intended to just put "Over 60 000 hours" rather than put "over 600K hours." Complete mess up on the number of zeros, my bad....lol. I didn't want to say I had 95K hours of views in an attempt to not sound cocky, but that slip of the extra zero made my attempt fail miserably. Anyways, back to the stats. A little over 89K of those hours come from my one video with over 1 Million views which has obviously ended up being very popular as you can see from the number of views: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80DSbZQrzb8

So ya............... I guess my channel is doing like 10 times better than you had thought and not near as good as I accidentally said before......lol

Just in case if my stats still seem too high to you, here is a screen shot of my stats for the last 12 months. I don't care to share my earnings amount with you.....but you can see some of the other info freely.

So.....I guess we both stand corrected. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (17.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-22-2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the correction by the way. I'll proof read better from now on.

Last edited by the11fisherman; 01-22-2018 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
My best is .5 million over two feeds. My best videos are the whale videos. I am not managing mine for revenue...just passive fun. Did set up for revenue however just cause it was there. Now I am punted but doesn't phase me for the above reasons.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
I just realized that I added 1 too many zeros. For the last 12 months as of today I have 5 725 687 minutes of views. Divide that by 60 (60 minutes to the hour) and you get 95 428.12 hours.

I had intended to just put "Over 60 000 hours" rather than put "over 600K hours." Complete mess up on the number of zeros, my bad....lol. I didn't want to say I had 95K hours of views in an attempt to not sound cocky, but that slip of the extra zero made my attempt fail miserably. Anyways, back to the stats. A little over 89K of those hours come from my one video with over 1 Million views which has obviously ended up being very popular as you can see from the number of views: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80DSbZQrzb8

So ya............... I guess my channel is doing like 10 times better than you had thought and not near as good as I accidentally said before......lol

Just in case if my stats still seem too high to you, here is a screen shot of my stats for the last 12 months. I don't care to share my earnings amount with you.....but you can see some of the other info freely.

So.....I guess we both stand corrected. lol

You don't need to prove me anything bud, those hrs just looked akward to me, that's why it brought my attention.
Yo do have a lot of watching hrs, good for you!

Old 01-22-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
You don't need to prove me anything bud, those hrs just looked akward to me, that's why it brought my attention.
Yo do have a lot of watching hrs, good for you!
Thanks for catching it. The minute I read your message I saw my mistake. I had to give an explanation for the mess up.