Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-31-2018, 07:00 PM

Default Multiple cortisone shots?

Has anybody ever had problems with having multiple cortisone shots? I had them in both shoulders about 4 months ago. They helped a bunch, but seem to be starting to wear off. My shoulder is really starting to bother me again. I have read that no sooner than every 3 months. Looking to confirm through fellow members experiences. Happy New Year everyone, best wishes in 2019.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
Has anybody ever had problems with having multiple cortisone shots? I had them in both shoulders about 4 months ago. They helped a bunch, but seem to be starting to wear off. My shoulder is really starting to bother me again. I have read that no sooner than every 3 months. Looking to confirm through fellow members experiences. Happy New Year everyone, best wishes in 2019.
Search cortisone.....lots of info here on AO...The take away from this is that cortisone is very bad for you and it is temporary. If it is confirmed torn/damaged then begin focusing on repair....

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...ight=cortisone

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:37 AM

I used to get them for a pinched nerve in my lower back. I tried CBD oil and was surprised how well it worked. Almost the same pain relief without the needle. Keep in mind it can be expensive and 3 to 4 drops lasts me about 3 hours. Because of this I use it before bed to help me get a much better sleep
Old 01-01-2019, 09:40 AM

I've had cortisone shots for 30 plus years by doctor only lets me take them once a year now try the CBD oil just recently think I'm going that route

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2019, 09:47 AM
Banned

Over the years, I've seen a few guys get cortisone hots for shoulders and elbows, due to tennis injuries. The cortisone definitely helped. Problem was that it worked so good, they'd keep playing because it didn't hurt anymore and they did more damage to the affected area.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:26 AM

My shoulder pain went away within a week of cutting out vegies, fruits, and grains from my diet. For the most part, I only eat fatty meat these days.

If I eat any fruits or vegies, the pain returns within hours. Although fermented vegies like pickles seem ok in small quantities.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:39 AM

Go to Panama, get stem cells, and PRP, and forget that your shoulders ever hurt.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:54 AM

I am sitting here typing one handed, Just had my left shoulder operated on 5 days ago, Had lots of shots in both shoulder done over the years, some worked some did not, but only once did they last long enough to make it to the next shot. I had my right shoulder done 14 months ago, and it was worth it. You don't think it was for the first little while, but I have been pain free for at least 8 months now. It is GREAT. My advice go see a good Doctor, It took me 3 try's to get one to do the job but if the left turns out to be as good as the right it was worth it. Good luck.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:25 PM

2x on the CBD oil. Works very well on many pain types.
Old 01-01-2019, 07:48 PM

I had three in my hip before getting a replacement. The freezing and shot wore off after about a week . Everyone told me it’s better in shoulders and elbows. Now I’ve got a tear in my rotator cuff so maybe I’ll be getting a shot next week.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:17 AM

Default Multiple cortisone shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep View Post
Does it work for headaches?
Old 01-02-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep View Post
Where can a guy buy this to try?
Old 01-02-2019, 04:26 PM

Default Multiple cortisone

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
Where can a guy buy this to try?
You can get it on the internet. Think I might try some.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:48 PM

Cbd oil is available at some smoke shops and some marijuana shops. Careful buying online, alot of snake oil out there.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:05 PM

So with cbd oil, what level of thc should it have if you do not want to fail a drug test, my job entails drug tests for certain sites yearly
Old 01-27-2019, 10:24 PM

Had cortisone shots several times in the elbow which lasted 3-6 months and apperantly isn’t too bad but getting them in the shoulder isn’t a good thing. No idea why, just what my doctor told me.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:50 AM

Cortisone is bittersweet. You get it for pain relief, which it provides, but often you end up aggravating the root cause injury by not having pain (knowing your limits), which then requires another shot down the line.

As others have stated, start to inquire about addressing the root cause injury. Physiotherapy is often a good start.

Best of luck.

They don't get big by being dumb.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
So with cbd oil, what level of thc should it have if you do not want to fail a drug test, my job entails drug tests for certain sites yearly
You can find stuff with 0%thc you want high levels of CBD. That way you won't fail a drug test but can still get the pain relief. There's alot of info online about picking up the good stuff. Like I said before, watch out for fakes.