Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-29-2019, 09:45 AM

I went to buy an amber light for snowplowing at a store in Lloydminster, took the box to the till, marked $79.99. He rung it through, $104.99. I said he must be charging a few extra taxes, then said he looked in the book and it was priced wrong. I grabbed another one, he peeled the sticker off. I left without a light.
Weeks later the owner called saying he felt bad, offered 15% off my next purchase.
Too little too late.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-29-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I have been undercharged quite a few times. I ALWAYS try to get them to charge me the correct amount. When they INSIST the computer is right I have even gone to a manager to straighten it out but after a couple of those I now call it good enough at the clerk level and quit arguing. Only willing to try and help them out so far, my time has value. If they are overcharging me I don't care how much they insist the computer is right, I will push it till they correct the error.
I have been undercharged less often as I've been overcharged but always point out the mistake either way. Good on you for your integrity and keeping it fair both ways.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:08 AM

I got undercharged only once when at a Calgary flyfishing store where I bought a spry rod reel and some other gear the younger guy at the counter forgot to ring through my rod, when I got to the door and realized I had payed about 600$ less than i thought I would I turned around To get it corrected. Manager gave me 100$ off because i brought it back in.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterrootfly View Post
I got undercharged only once when at a Calgary flyfishing store where I bought a spry rod reel and some other gear the younger guy at the counter forgot to ring through my rod, when I got to the door and realized I had payed about 600$ less than i thought I would I turned around To get it corrected. Manager gave me 100$ off because i brought it back in.
Had the same sort of thing happen at TFH North. I bought a bag of stuff, stood there talking to Willowtree and the Manager, paid and walked out. Got to the car and realized that I paid $150 but one item alone was $75. Walked back in, said the bill was wrong, 'What kind of crap are you trying to pull??' With tongue in cheek just the employees, Manager and Scott standing there.
They gave me 15% off the item they missed. I would have felt like a bag of manure had I drove all the way home then realized it.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-29-2019, 06:14 PM

Been screwed at many BP’s before. My wife used to be a waitress there back in the day and her manager told her if she’s ever unsure if the entered an item on the bill, just ad an extra “it’s on the customer to correct you if it’s wrong.”
Old 01-29-2019, 06:33 PM

I took a friend to Doan’s for dinner

I paid the bill and we left. She looks at the receipt and says “hey turn around “

They charged me $100 for a ginger ale.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
I took a friend to Doan’s for dinner

I paid the bill and we left. She looks at the receipt and says “hey turn around “

They charged me $100 for a ginger ale.
And was it the best ginger ale ever?
Old 01-29-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaltender View Post
Been screwed at many BP’s before. My wife used to be a waitress there back in the day and her manager told her if she’s ever unsure if the entered an item on the bill, just ad an extra “it’s on the customer to correct you if it’s wrong.”
Happened at the LLB Boston pizza one night to us as well. What should have been a 100.00$ dollar bill turned into 220.00$

The same night the descriptive phrase 'waitress fighting drunk' was introduced into the local terminology.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR_mike View Post
And was it the best ginger ale ever?
Lol😂😂😂😂😂😂
Glad she was paying attention cause I never look. Ive probably lost a lot