Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-20-2018, 09:52 PM

Default cuff

good post.my right shoulder has been getting worse over the last few months like a bad tooth ache .gotta get the ball rolling to see if a guy can get better .
Old 04-21-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy honker View Post
Hey guys. lots of shoulder problems here too. It got so bad for a couple of years sleeping and even driving was real difficult.

What are some stretches or strengthening exercises you found helped?
One of the best I exercises for me was rolling a small ball with the palm of my hand, clockwise and counter clockwise on a wall.
Progressively working the ball further and further up the wall until my hand was above my shoulder.
Looks stupid, feels stupid but works.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
Hello everybody, I've been an electrician for over 25 years, and have always seemed to working with my arms over my head. The last few months, my shoulders have been getting more and more painful, to the point of having difficulty getting my coat on, or reaching for things. I have started physiotherapy. At this point there is no way I can draw my bow. Has any one had this problem, and been able to recover from it? I've consider d chorosome shots, but I've heard they are a last resort. Rotator cuffs are wearing out I guess from all the years of using my shoulders maybe more than a lot of people would. Thanks for any advice or help you can give.
Don't let them give you the chromosome shots
Yes the pain will go away but its a bandage fix,I had my right shoulder done after a year of shots. i was told by my new surgeon that it weakens the muscle, My surgeon did an excellent job on mine and yes I shoot a bow but my left is now on the way out and I can't keep the bow from shaking so much,doing physio on it but probably will have to have it done as well

Pin
Old 04-22-2018, 03:25 PM

I thought mine was going, turns out, I had to stop sleeping on my side. Cleared right up. Might help somebody out there. I was so bad at one time I got a massage for it and it nearly brought me to tears.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:12 PM

Default Rotator cuff

Went and had a cold laser treatment done today today. I think it helped. Having shock wave therapy done next week. Fingers crossed.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:58 AM
Suspended User

I tore my shoulder slightly at work, went to physio at CBI in Red Deer. They were terrible, ignoring my complaints, pushing me until I lost all use of the arm. Luck was on my side, as I had an appointment with a surgeon for other things. Ultrasound and MRI quickly done.

Surgery in 3 weeks, fixed 3 tears in the rotator cuff, 2 more muscles. Then 8 weeks after that an immigrant trying to qualify for his physiotherapy license, refused to listen to the surgeon's restrictions. As a result, 2 more tears and frozen shoulder.

First surgery was February last year, second was the end of June. I've been in physiotherapy since October 2016, with the exception of the 4 weeks following each surgery.
2 months ago I had an xray guided cortisone injection, and it has helped with the pain in the joint. Its starting to wear off, and I'm worried about it totally wearing off. It was bad before, I expect it will be bad again.
I got about 50% movement in the arm now, so it has helped. The issue is that you can destroy it more because it covers the pain. Then you go back to doing the same old stuff, and then make it all worse because pain is a warning signal from your brain. Listen to the brain now, slow down and rest it. Keep it moving and find the best therapist you can.

Look after them joints when you are young. I turned 50 just after my work accident, and now employment options are limited. Not many outfits want to hire crippled up staff.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:34 PM

Default Rotator cuff

Had shock wave therapy done this morning. Seems to have made a big difference so far. Thanks for the input everyone.