Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 06:52 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
Up to the courts and judge to decide that one,,,,,,,,,
No it is not , in the last case the hunter is tagged out on big game with a legal licence so he can still hunt coyotes so there would be no violation at all
In the other case the hunter has a suspended licence , two completely different scenarios
Cat
Old 10-21-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlandliver View Post
And... buddy with the suspension won’t be getting any breaks from f&w nor should they.
this time a nice, short lecture.

and what business is it of the co's of the non hunter past history.

PS. they do not have a right to ask any questions after the "are you hunting" question is answered no. anything more questions can be seen as harrasment.

their duty is to enforce hunting activities. they can ask if you are hunting. if you say yes, they can ask to see it. they can ask to see your quad registration on public land. they can ask to see that your weapon is unloaded. they can act on hunting infractions.

they cannot interagate non hunter. not their mandate.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
No it is not , in the last case the hunter is tagged out on big game with a legal licence so he can still hunt coyotes so there would be no violation at all
In the other case the hunter has a suspended licence , two completely different scenarios
Cat
and in both cases, don't do anything illegal, and you wont have any worries.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:09 PM
Banned

If your under suspension you cannot do anything hunting wise that includes riding. Or being with anyone hunting. It’s a lot different then if your tagged out sitting with someone compare apples to apples
Old 10-21-2019, 08:37 PM

Hate to keep harping on this, but what law are you breaking if you are suspended, and accompanaying a hunter, not carrying a gun, and not aiding in their hunt?
Old 10-21-2019, 08:50 PM

Default Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainaccent View Post
If your under suspension you cannot do anything hunting wise that includes riding. Or being with anyone hunting. It’s a lot different then if your tagged out sitting with someone compare apples to apples
Sorry fella, that’s fake news! You can hunt predators on private land without consequence. You can’t participate in a big game hunt but sitting with someone in a truck with a valid license to hunt won’t get you charged. You simply respond “NO” I’m not hunting and have a nice day officer.

Last edited by Sportsman; 10-21-2019 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Read it wrong
Old 10-21-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Up to the courts and judge to decide that one,,,,,,,,,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsman View Post
Sorry fella, that’s fake news! You can hunt predators on private land without consequence. You can’t participate in a big game hunt but sitting with someone in a truck with a valid license to hunt won’t get you charged. You simply respond “NO” I’m not hunting and have a nice day officer.
If a person is convicted of hunting infractions I don’t think he would be able to hint on private land simply because he is in fact hunting , doesn’t Matter that without the suspension he would not need a licence ,he cannot hunt period ,License or not.
As long as we are throwing all kinds of scenarios every time someone posts something I know several people convicted of illegal hunting that are not allowed to be in possession of firearms at all in their house or in s truck or in the bush.
Whatever the case if a person wants to push the envelope , try snd skirt around legalities and in general continue to do the scum things they were originally
convicted of they can be my guest but they better not come back on here saying “ their friend” got screwed over by F&W again!
Cat
Old 10-21-2019, 09:29 PM

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and if that is yours, great.

Coyotes are not a "game animal/bird" as defined by Alberta hunting regulations.

If you shoot them, or a gopher, or a crow, or any other pest, you are not in violation of your suspension.

Not that hard.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and if that is yours, great.

Coyotes are not a "game animal/bird" as defined by Alberta hunting regulations.

If you shoot them, or a gopher, or a crow, or any other pest, you are not in violation of your suspension.

Not that hard.
No it's Not hard .
I sure would like to see you argue that one in court .
Have a good evening I am done with this drivel
Cat
Old 10-21-2019, 10:09 PM

It all depends on what his suspension is called. I have an uncle who shot a bull elk that he was sure had one more point then it did. He turned himself in and lost his BIG GAME license for a year but was perfectly legal to hunt birds and did. So if it is a big game hunting suspension he could still legally hunt birds.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:34 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Hate to keep harping on this, but what law are you breaking if you are suspended, and accompanaying a hunter, not carrying a gun, and not aiding in their hunt?
Jeepers Joe....

From the Alberta Wildlife Act:

“hunt” means, subject to subsection (6), with reference to a subject animal,
(i) shoot at, harass or worry,
(ii) chase, pursue, follow after or on the trail of, search for, flush, stalk or lie in wait for,
(iii) capture or wilfully injure or kill,
(iv) attempt to capture, injure or kill, or
(v) assist another person to hunt in a manner specified in subclause (i), (ii), (iii) or (iv) while that other person is so hunting;

Hard to explain that your not following game etc....so just take a break and don't go.....or make it complicated....get busted then spill your woe is me as the LEO did his/her job.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-22-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Jeepers Joe....

From the Alberta Wildlife Act:

“hunt” means, subject to subsection (6), with reference to a subject animal,
(i) shoot at, harass or worry,
(ii) chase, pursue, follow after or on the trail of, search for, flush, stalk or lie in wait for,
(iii) capture or wilfully injure or kill,
(iv) attempt to capture, injure or kill, or
(v) assist another person to hunt in a manner specified in subclause (i), (ii), (iii) or (iv) while that other person is so hunting;

Hard to explain that your not following game etc....so just take a break and don't go.....or make it complicated....get busted then spill your woe is me as the LEO did his/her job.
There was a very famous outfitter not too long ago convicted after he was found wrangling for a camp .
He was originally convicted of hunting and guiding offences , and was not allowed to hunt or guide in the Territory .
I guess if a person wants to Philadelphia lawyer one can get after it .
I would be too embarrassed to be seen in the bush up here if I purposely broke the law and got cought.
Cat
Old 10-22-2019, 08:06 AM

Always good to not feed trolls
Old 10-22-2019, 08:08 AM

Yes pretty clear what hunting entails.

Walking or driving with a liscenced hunter, without a gun, is not hunting.

I would, and could, argue that all day.

You don't have to be happy with the situation, feel they shouldn't go, think they will get charged, whatever. Your perspective.

I'll go back to my original point. How many Instances do you know of children getting charged with hunting as they are sitting in a hunting blind with their parents? Or out waking in the bush/down a trail? Same situation. Non liscenced person with a liscenced hunter. Would the child loose that case in court as well?

What about the children????????????
Old 10-22-2019, 08:26 AM

The children have nothing to do with it because they are under the supervision of an adult - unless of course the adult let the kid shoot something without a lusence .
This thread had absolutely nothing to do with kids it was asked about an adult hunting under a hunting suspension .
Done with your idiocy and obtuseness
Cat
Old 10-22-2019, 08:39 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Always good to not feed trolls
Well said...lock'er down....gotta feeling it's gonna get out control.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Closed Thread