Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-29-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommeh View Post
I think Wholesale set themselves up for failure. The last day has come and gone I think small businesses deserve our cash vs these big box stores
I would like to give my money to the small business as well, but they are few and far between and do not have everything I want and their prices are more than a bit high. Maybe I have been spoiled by reasonable price and selection that came with the big box stores.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
I would like to give my money to the small business as well, but they are few and far between and do not have everything I want and their prices are more than a bit high. Maybe I have been spoiled by reasonable price and selection that came with the big box stores.
Or maybe people need to examine and reevaluate there wants vs needs a little more.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoteStopper View Post
I'm hoping Cabelas is eyeing Lethbridge as a potential location because we really don't have much else besides WSS. The local CT stores have a little bit of stuff and there is another small shop but since I don't shop there looks like most stuff will have to come from online vendors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_G View Post
Agreed. Loosing one store when you have other choices like in Calgary or Edmonton isn't such a big deal. But Lethbridge has Canadian Tire and Walmart now and that's it.
Would be nice. But would be surprised to see it happen.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Or maybe people need to examine and reevaluate there wants vs needs a little more.
Been there done that! As far as the shooting sports go I am all about want.

If I were to only shop for needs, I can get by very well with little need to shop at any sporting store including the smaller businesses.

I do not need to hunt or shoot gophers or to shoot clay or develop loads or any of that stuff. I am not a sustenance hunter and my involvement in the shooting sports for me is more about want. To satisfy my wants I need a store or stores that can satisfy my wants.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
Been there done that! As far as the shooting sports go I am all about want.

If I were to only shop for needs, I can get by very well with little need to shop at any sporting store including the smaller businesses.

I do not need to hunt or shoot gophers or to shoot clay or develop loads or any of that stuff. I am not a sustenance hunter and my involvement in the shooting sports for me is more about want. To satisfy my wants I need a store or stores that can satisfy my wants.
Yup, same. For me its more about selection than price, especially for reloading stuff. Now we have less selection, being pushed to more online vendors (oddly enough many of these small shops as well that chose to expand to cyberspace). I've noticed the same for many US stores as well.

Last edited by whitefish; 01-03-2018 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefish View Post
Yup, same. For me its more about selection than price, especially for reloading stuff. Now we have less selection, being pushed to more online vendors (oddly enough many of these small shops as well that chose to expand to cyberspace). Oddly enough, I've noticed the same for many US stores as well.
Nd none of them can hire a web developer