Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-11-2008, 11:57 PM

Default Glenmore Reservoir

Does anyone here avidly fish the Glen? What have you seen come out of there?? I have pulled pike, browns, bows...seen pike, burbot and browns hauled ashore but nothing else. I have heard rumor of perch, and lakers even heard of the odd eye being pulled out.... could be myth. Curious to know what is in there, and what you have caught!
Old 05-12-2008, 07:20 AM

Default walleye

I would definitely say there's no walleye in there. I've caught pike and seen rainbows, and heard of perch being caught.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:40 AM

No lakers in the system, but could be Bull trout, brookies, brown, Cutts, rainbow and remote chance of escaped Arctic char. Might also be some whitefish near the inlet. Lots of reports of perch and there is some good sized pike.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:43 PM

Once upon a time they had stocked kokanee salmon in there,I never caught or saw one.There are some good pike,my best was a 16 pounder.A few years back a guy caught a 12 pound bow,there was a pic in the Herarld or the Sun.Some big browns can be caught in the Weaslehead and there are lots of rockies there too.In all my years fishing Glenmore I never caught a bull or a brook trout.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:19 PM

I went out tonite to a spot on the Glen that usually produces at least 5 pike per hour. Not one bite, and the three other fisherman who are in the know of my spot only pulled one in an hour and a half. Kinda strange, ice out was a week ago, I thought the feesh would be on a bloody warpath. Great night to be out, no wind, warm..... It is starting to come back, what a change from a month ago!! Hard water and -20 winds hunched over a hole!!! Tonite, a T shirt and a few cold ones... LOVE IT
Old 07-19-2009, 03:59 PM

Default what to use on the glenmore res

hey does anyone no how to catch big fish on the glenmore res and what do you use