Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-18-2010, 09:07 PM

Default Stolen guns

A friend of mine from the Millarville area just got broke into a couple of days ago when he was at work and had his gun safe with all his guns in it stolen. Everyone keep an ear open for any shady dudes selling cheap guns.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:08 PM

Just curious as to how they took his gun safe. Was it not bolted to the wall or floor like they are supposed to be? Or did they manage to bust the door open and unbolt the safe and take the safe with them. I am asking because I am curious as to how burglar proof are some of these gun safes. Could be a lesson here for others.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love those guns View Post
Just curious as to how they took his gun safe. Was it not bolted to the wall or floor like they are supposed to be? Or did they manage to bust the door open and unbolt the safe and take the safe with them. I am asking because I am curious as to how burglar proof are some of these gun safes. Could be a lesson here for others.
Talk about balls. They went into his garage and found a crowbar of his and used it to pry it off the wall. They then drug it across his hardwood floors wrecking the hardwood and loaded it into a truck. They also stole his computer which had all his pictures on it for years. He had the pics backed up on cd's which were in the gun safe!
Old 11-19-2010, 02:02 PM

F'ing Bas tards
Old 11-19-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushwackin View Post
Talk about balls. They went into his garage and found a crowbar of his and used it to pry it off the wall. They then drug it across his hardwood floors wrecking the hardwood and loaded it into a truck. They also stole his computer which had all his pictures on it for years. He had the pics backed up on cd's which were in the gun safe!
Yeh, they had a set on them didn't they? Propably brass too!! It's even worse when they damage property besides the things they take. Hope the scum sucking bast---- get what they deserve. If we are lucky, they will accidently shoot each other with the guns!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushwackin View Post
If you have hardwood floors in your garage, Sounds like he can afford to fix everything up. lol! In all seriousness though really sucks. I'm kind of paranoid about someone stealing my firearms. It happened to my father inlaw a few years ago. luckily he got them back. Turned out to be his drug dealing nephew... total douche! Hope he gets them all back!
Old 11-19-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
If you have hardwood floors in your garage, Sounds like he can afford to fix everything up. lol! In all seriousness though really sucks. I'm kind of paranoid about someone stealing my firearms. It happened to my father inlaw a few years ago. luckily he got them back. Turned out to be his drug dealing nephew... total douche! Hope he gets them all back!
It usually is someone known to the victim in a case like that. I'd be looking at friends of friends type dirtbags.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:25 PM

what kind of rifles and scopes were stolen so we know what to watch out for?
Old 11-19-2010, 10:57 PM

Angry what a shame!

That crap ****es me off. Some years ago, my brother in law had some one steal his guns as well. Took a pry bar and pryed open the gun safe door some how. He lost about 6,000 dollars with of firearms. If those scum are caught, I hope that get those nuts of theirs put in a vise and crushed!
Old 11-20-2010, 07:32 AM

Default Please post guns and scope names

I hope what goes around comes around comes into effect for those guys (or guy or girl or whoever it was). Hope the cops track em down and you get your firearms back as well.

I agree with previous please post names of guns and accessories (year, caliber etc etc etc) I may consider buying a used gun so if I come across anything I'll know if anything shady is happening.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:27 AM

These days I'd be more worried about my computer being stolen you really never know what kind of personal information thiefs can acquire next thing you know your getting a bill from visa for $30,000.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
The safe was in the house and they drug it across the whole length of the house across the hardwood to get it out. I'll get the makes, calibre etc from him.