Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-31-2012, 06:14 PM

Default Legit pit bull breeder

Just trying to find a breeder that is not producing the XXL razor edge pit bulls. I don't want a massive over grown beast. Anyone with a normal pit or knows of a registered breeder please let me know.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:12 PM

What's a Normal Pitbull, one that only attacks adults...hope you don't live around kids.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:14 PM

Old 03-31-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohr74 View Post
What's a Normal Pitbull, one that only attacks adults...hope you don't live around kids.
Lol

Pitbulls are always so loving and harmless... until they get spooked and latch onto a toddlers face lol
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:17 PM

Registered pit bull .........
Old 03-31-2012, 08:18 PM

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-sta...tt-clifton.php

Some stats
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:20 PM

http://dogbitelaw.com/dog-bite-stati...y-to-kill.html

Which dogs are most likely to kill?
Old 03-31-2012, 08:22 PM

Anybody know a reputible Black Mamba or Great White Shark breeder?
Old 03-31-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Anybody know a reputible Black Mamba or Great White Shark breeder?
My pet great white is great with kids. Hes never bitten anyone yet. This tells me that they are harmless. I believe that they are no more dangerous than a sperm whale. The sperm whale is the golden retriever of the ocean.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantdi View Post
My pet great white is great with kids. Hes never bitten anyone yet. This tells me that they are harmless. I believe that they are no more dangerous than a sperm whale. The sperm whale is the golden retriever of the ocean.
You sir, owe me a new keyboard as mine is now beerlogged!
Old 03-31-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
You sir, owe me a new keyboard as mine is now beerlogged!
Lol sorry!!
Old 03-31-2012, 08:43 PM

thats the #1 reason I wouldn't get a pitbull, having to explain to everyone they aren't human killing machines.

I have honestly never owned one so I couldn't say either way. Unlike "experts" who condem them without every having one, or seen one in a loving environment. Everyone I've ever seen is owned by a douche.

Actually Pitbulls have alot in common with guns, you only hear about them when losers own them and the people who don't like them think no one should own them.

I really couldn't care either way, I prefer a gun dog anyway.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry View Post
thats the #1 reason I wouldn't get a pitbull, having to explain to everyone they aren't human killing machines.

I have honestly never owned one so I couldn't say either way. Unlike "experts" who condem them without every having one, or seen one in a loving environment. Everyone I've ever seen is owned by a douche.

Actually Pitbulls have alot in common with guns, you only hear about them when losers own them and the people who don't like them think no one should own them.

Ya, under ideal circumstances i bet they are great.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry View Post

Thanks, I knew I would get some dumb comments from posting anything about a pitbull but there is a slim chance that someone might be able to actually suggest a breeder.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo39 View Post
Thanks, I knew I would get some dumb comments from posting anything about a pitbull but there is a slim chance that someone might be able to actually suggest a breeder.
lol... Someone suggests they are more dangerous than other breeds and it's dumb?
Old 03-31-2012, 10:17 PM

Any of you guys ever owned a pitbull or dogsat one?
I've dogsat a few several times...
Great dogs, all of the ones i've been around.
They got a bad rep because they were used as fighting dogs, which is because they are very strong and when they do get into a fight they wont stop until they cant go any more.
I thought most of the guys here would actually be a little more open minded about these animals.
Guess I was wrong, sad to see.
To the OP, no i dont know any breeders, but i have a friend who might, although i think she ended up getting hers in BC.
Let me know if you have any luck, I would be interested in looking into one for myself as well.
Good luck
Schian
Old 03-31-2012, 10:33 PM
Banned

Best bet is too bring one in from the U.S way more selection and quality dogs. you for sure will be able to find what your looking for. Though research the breeder and make sure you know who you are buying from.

Pitbulls are great dogs. I have one and he is a suck. he is only a few years old and lives with a 12 yo tiny shih tzu. He Rolls over and lets the shih tzu bite him and walk all over him. He is harmless. Though he sounds mean and looks mean and he comes running at you. but its all just to give you some kisses. Harmless. All dogs have the ability to attack its all on the owner. Beat and neglect any dog enough and he is bound to bite you. Its not our fault that scum choose to buy pitbulls and give all pitbulls a bad name.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:17 PM
Banned

I've never met a bad pitty in my life, always very easy going dogs. I hate the name they have - and the bad owners that go along with the breed.

Any dog can be vicious if raised incorrectly.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo39 View Post
Just trying to find a breeder that is not producing the XXL razor edge pit bulls. I don't want a massive over grown beast. Anyone with a normal pit or knows of a registered breeder please let me know.
you can look up californiapits breeders name,is teckla castillo .i believe these dogs are her own breed .i have a female .she is about a year old now and she loves kids and adults on walks she alwsys wants to go say hi I
Old 04-01-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schian View Post
Any of you guys ever owned a pitbull or dogsat one?
I've dogsat a few several times...
Great dogs, all of the ones i've been around.
They got a bad rep because they were used as fighting dogs, which is because they are very strong and when they do get into a fight they wont stop until they cant go any more.
I thought most of the guys here would actually be a little more open minded about these animals.
Guess I was wrong, sad to see.
To the OP, no i dont know any breeders, but i have a friend who might, although i think she ended up getting hers in BC.
Let me know if you have any luck, I would be interested in looking into one for myself as well.
Good luck
Schian
Most here are pretty open minded to any kind of pet or gun, some simply like to argue for the sake of argument however.
You soon learn who they are and to ignore them.
Cat
Old 04-01-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Most here are pretty open minded to any kind of pet or gun, some simply like to argue for the sake of argument however.
You soon learn who they are and to ignore them.
Cat
Lol, keep the blinders on!
Old 04-01-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantdi View Post
I read the article. What exactly are "pit bull types"? Does that mean any dog that remotely resembles a pit bull? Sorry, real studies show they are no more prone to biting. Funny that a guy with hair down to his ass would also chime in, you'd think he would understand being discriminated against based on looks lol.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetjimmy View Post
I read the article. What exactly are "pit bull types"? Does that mean any dog that remotely resembles a pit bull? Sorry, real studies show they are no more prone to biting. Funny that a guy with hair down to his ass would also chime in, you'd think he would understand being discriminated against based on looks lol.
Lol awesome!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:08 AM

I see the argumentative troll crowd is out in full force this morning.
Often if you ignore them they go away, but then what fun would that be?
Cat
Old 04-01-2012, 12:20 PM

Ive really only been around one in my life, last year. Girl on my ball team owned one. Pup was softer than our right fielders black lab! I will say the way that pitty stared at me left me uneasy though....however i will openly admit i gauruntee i felt uneasy due to the media stigma aroun them! I guess to each their own! I personally find them the most repulsive looking dogs out there, an dont really understand what prompts someone to buy one, but beauty is in fact in the eye of the beholder and if youre into pits then power on!
Old 04-01-2012, 01:32 PM

You win, I'm sure they can be quite lovely. Im sure all the statistics are fabricated about this lovely breed of animal. I just get sick of watching the same ol news clip..."I don't understand it, he was such a loving puppy and good with kids, I can't believe he ate little Johnny blaa, blaa, blaa". Cat I have a lot of respect for your input on most threads, but you are not the only guy on here with an OPINION. I realize you are all-knowing but other people have a right to their opinions also, if that makes us trolls please forgive us..."What the hell is this Russia?"
Old 04-01-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetjimmy View Post
Are you referring to me sir? How dare you!...I take great pride in my Mississippi Mudflap or Tennessee Waterfall if you will...
Old 04-01-2012, 02:48 PM

Rescue a pit, its one of the best things you can do.
check out prarie pitbull or pitbulls for life,

and yes..i have a resuce pit and hes a 65 pound lap dog, biggest suck ever.

if you havnt been around a TRUE APBT then you cant judge them....any dog that bites and has even the slightest resemblance to a APBT automaticially gets called a pitbull in the media, truth is most people cant even pick out a TRUE APBT.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html
Old 04-01-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosnowsk8er View Post
Rescue a pit, its one of the best things you can do.
check out prarie pitbull or pitbulls for life,

and yes..i have a resuce pit and hes a 65 pound lap dog, biggest suck ever.

if you havnt been around a TRUE APBT then you cant judge them....any dog that bites and has even the slightest resemblance to a APBT automaticially gets called a pitbull in the media, truth is most people cant even pick out a TRUE APBT.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html
thats awesome to hear good on you we have been in contact with alberta pitbull rescue very good people to work with .. but in our case we kindof just had one fall into our lap so to speak ..long story . but we have her now and she is safe ... people should go thru You tube and see how these dogs are made to be mean ..starvation ...abuse .. its very sad how these fighting rings treat dogs for there own gain .. if i could figure out how put a link on i would
Old 04-01-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
You win, I'm sure they can be quite lovely. Im sure all the statistics are fabricated about this lovely breed of animal. I just get sick of watching the same ol news clip..."I don't understand it, he was such a loving puppy and good with kids, I can't believe he ate little Johnny blaa, blaa, blaa". Cat I have a lot of respect for your input on most threads, but you are not the only guy on here with an OPINION. I realize you are all-knowing but other people have a right to their opinions also, if that makes us trolls please forgive us..."What the hell is this Russia?"
I am not " all knowing" as you infer, but I also do not base my opinions on what I have read I have read in the paper or on the internet.
I worked in a kennel for years and have been around dogs - all breeds my whole life.
And yes, everyone is entailed to their opinion, but when someone's opinion is that I am a" know it all" as you infer, or answers a post with " keep the blinders on" as one did, I take their opinions with a grain of salt.

I don't even know why I post on this site at times.

Cat