Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 09-22-2016, 12:46 PM

Default Greater Edmonton

Greater Edmonton local meeting this Sunday the 25th. 2 pm at Lloyd's shop. If you can bring something for the raffle fund raiser, please do.
Doug
Old 09-25-2016, 02:16 PM

Lloyds shop?
Ok. I'll bite, where would that have been?

Old 09-28-2016, 07:46 AM

I won't put addresses or phone numbers on the web but if you are on the contact list you receive an e-mail or phone call. We are requesting a current list soon so please call the ATA and make sure your info is correct. Next meeting is March 12th, mark your calendar.
We had a good meeting. Our Local President has pull with the ATA President and one of our members is a zone director so we got up-dated with recent activity.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:25 AM

Dugh, I was on my line during the meeting. What were some of the highlights, especially relating to new Bio changes?
Old 09-28-2016, 01:30 PM
Banned

You can find the contact info for Locals on the ATA website under "About Us", "Locals".
Old 10-03-2016, 08:15 AM

BGW, talks are underway. It's my understanding that the Province wants to make changes and maybe rushed the process.
I just help Lloyd with Greater Edmonton, am not on the ATA so would suggest calling your zone reps or the ATA office to get the best current info.
I think the Province wanted changes for this coming season without ever consulting the ATA and our board is now involved. We now have a committee called the Provincial Issues Strategy Team (PIST for short) and work is ongoing.
Doug
PS, BGW, the Iosagun River looks very high by Hwy 43 how is it in your area?.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:04 AM

Thanks Doug. We have had a massive amount of rain, forestry companies annoyed cannot harvest trees without ripping up country with their equipment, so slowing them down alittle, lots of roads washed out.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:20 AM
Banned

Sounds like it could have been an interesting and informative evening. I'm just a resident trapper, so not sure if I would be allowed to attend. How does one get on the list?
Old 10-03-2016, 02:02 PM

ATA membership is an automatic membership in a local, it's only $35.00 a year. We are in the Greater Edmonton because we live in the Edmonton area but a person could join any local if they wanted I guess. We have met so many interesting people through the ATA, I am 60, my wife and I started trapping late and have many questions for more experienced trappers that may improve our catch rates. The ATA is a great resource for us and this forum, when we all get along, is a great resource too.
Doug