Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Banned

Default 60 pages guaranteed

Well it looks like this should get us through the ice melt;
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/georgia...obby-1.2597232
Old 04-04-2014, 03:03 PM

seems some folks not happy with this bill, bars, places of worship, restaurants, will be interesting to see the outcome of this one.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhl View Post
seems some folks not happy with this bill, bars, places of worship, restaurants, will be interesting to see the outcome of this one.
Sounds like Arizona. We have the exact same thing here. With the exception of schools.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 04-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Banned

Sounds like a good common sense bill.

Shootings for the most part seem to occur in "gun free" zones.

Columbine, Fort Hood (x2), Colorado theater, Newtown school. It's funny that liberals are using the usual tag lines of "extreme" etc etc.

Here's some facts that not a lot of people aren't aware of it would seem.

In Columbine, the shooters ignored gun laws on their way to ignore laws against murder. Victims had their hands for defence.

In Newtown, the shooter ignored gun laws on his way to ignore laws against murder. Victims had their hands for defence.

In Fort Hood 2009, the shooter ignored gun laws on his way to ignore laws against murder. Victims had their hands for defence.

In Fort Hood 2014, the shooter ignored gun laws on his way to ignore laws against murder. Victims had their hands for defence.

etc etc etc etc

Not sure why this is such a big deal. Lots of paranoid people running around afraid of shovels and rakes it would seem.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:52 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Sounds like a good common sense bill.

Shootings for the most part seem to occur in "gun free" zones.

Columbine, Fort Hood (x2), Colorado theater, Newtown school. It's funny that liberals are using the usual tag lines of "extreme" etc etc.

Here's some facts that not a lot of people aren't aware of it would seem.

In Columbine, the shooters ignored gun laws on their way to ignore laws against murder. Victims had their hands for defence.

In Newtown, the shooter ignored gun laws on his way to ignore laws against murder. Victims had their hands for defence.

In Fort Hood 2009, the shooter ignored gun laws on his way to ignore laws against murder. Victims had their hands for defence.

In Fort Hood 2014, the shooter ignored gun laws on his way to ignore laws against murder. Victims had their hands for defence.

etc etc etc etc

Not sure why this is such a big deal. Lots of paranoid people running around afraid of shovels and rakes it would seem.
Fort hood is armed with much more than hands its akin to calling kKennedy space center a rocket free zone. Ie civilian arned guards, armed camp guards. Ludicrous bias imo.
Within minutes armed responce units responded to each of the above incidents ?? Sandyhook was infact encumpassed by armed citizens as a ccw state hmmm all those guns didnt do abit of good. Famously mr Reagan was surrounded by armed highly trained men nope didnt help him one bit . Nice try though. Guess we can watch georgia and see how is georgias literacy rate ??
Old 04-04-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
Fort hood is armed with much more than hands its akin to calling kKennedy space center a rocket free zone. Ie civilian arned guards, armed camp guards. Ludicrous bias imo.
Within minutes armed responce units responded to each of the above incidents ?? Sandyhook was infact encumpassed by armed citizens as a ccw state hmmm all those guns didnt do abit of good. Famously mr Reagan was surrounded by armed highly trained men nope didnt help him one bit . Nice try though. Guess we can watch georgia and see how is georgias literacy rate ??
Something about throwing stones in a glass house. How does that go again?

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 04-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
"Within minutes..." Bingo.

I'm not sure if you remember the Reagan shooting or not, but he survived the shooting thanks to the quick actions of armed, highly trained men.

You, making fun of Georgia's literacy rate? Really? Incredibly poor form. Spell check your post just for fun.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
You must be Georgian then,..I counted 13 spelling mistakes in your post
Old 04-04-2014, 05:39 PM

One fellow made a great comment below that article, and it sums things up nicely.

If a conservative doesn't like guns then they simply don't buy one. If a liberal doesn't like guns then NO ONE should have one.

Can't get anymore accurate than that. And time has shown us that this definitely is the case.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagalaz View Post
One fellow made a great comment below that article, and it sums things up nicely.

If a conservative doesn't like guns then they simply don't buy one. If a liberal doesn't like guns then NO ONE should have one.

Can't get anymore accurate than that. And time has shown us that this definitely is the case.
Missed that...great quote. Conservatives are much more tolerant of differing views than liberals who are extremely intolerant of anyone with a view different than what they hold dear. This is why we see liberals protesting conservative speakers etc in their attempt to silence the free expression of views in a democratic society. Sad.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Banned

Cool

Literacy is not the ability to not make spelling mistakes . It is the skill of reading and writhing typing is the skill I lack I am highly literate terribly unskilled at typeing .
With the reagan example how did 10-20 armed trained individuals stop a shooting ... they did not one killed three injured iirc with an instant response . So umm more guns is just grasping at straws as posted sandy hook was surrounded by armed individuals made not one iota of differance just like in the reagan incident.

Last edited by fish gunner; 04-04-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:18 PM

Whenever a State eases some of its gun laws the hand-wringers come out of the closet and shriek about blood running in the streets ad nauseum. Florida's "Stand your ground" law was a great example, blood isn't running in the streets in fact quite the opposite happened. Other states followed suit with similar laws. If Georgia passes this new law, nut-jobs will have to go out of state to find a gun-free zone to hurt/kill other people before dying a coward's death.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Literacy is not the ability to not make spelling mistakes . It is the skill of reading and writhing typing is the skill I lack I am highly literate terribly unskilled at typeing .
With the reagan example how did 10-20 armed trained individuals stop a shooting ... they did not one killed three injured iirc with an instant response . So umm more guns is just grasping at straws as posted sandy hook was surrounded by armed individuals made not one iota of differance just like in the reagan incident.
Incorrect. On all points.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attempt..._Ronald_Reagan "Nobody was killed in the attack..."

Sandy Hook, was not surrounded by armed individuals...at least not until well after the shootings had occurred.

Armed individuals will never be able to STOP a shooting, but they will be able to limit the amount of carnage that an armed shooter can do, especially compared to an unarmed group of victims. This is why soldiers carry weapons in war. They stand a better chance of surviving an engagement if they are armed.

As to literacy, I'll leave that alone. I'm not prefect myslef.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:44 PM

Shootings and violence (gun-related or not) are the result of many factors, including the economy, the state of society, weak punishment for crime and criminals, poor assistance for the mentally disturbed, etc.

Think it through... Take a gun away from a criminal and another will be found. Take all guns away and knives/bats will be used. Take the criminal away (jail, proper rehabilitation, etc.) and guns will not up & restart the violence.

Pretty sad how much some focus on easy and ineffective solutions...
Old 04-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Gone Hunting

"No more bans on firearms in public housing."

LOLOLOLOL!!!! That should make it easier to find a firearm in public housing. LOLOLOL:sHa_shakes hout:

Or maybe it's the first step in the war on poverty?? Either way it is a great bill. why didn't someone think of it when they were writing the constitution.

Fish Gunner, sounds like you Brits are still bristling from loosing the war to the yanks.

Love your cheap shot about literacy. Classy.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 04-04-2014, 06:55 PM

I recently read some interesting stats. From a high in 1993 to 2011 gun violence in the US has dropped by 49%.
It would seem to me that that is a downward trend in the right direction.
60% of gun deaths in America are suicides. Meaning more deaths from suicide than homicide.
84% of homicides were male.
69% were between the ages of 18-40.
55% were black.

I don't think the issue is guns. I think the issue is a propensity for young uneducated men living in very poor areas of America to try and kill themselves each other in an effort to get out of these areas.

Mental health in America is almost unheard of in the inner cities.

Maybe the real answer is to try to bring these people into society through education and opportunity as opposed to a life of jail, poverty and oppression.

Not that that road is going to be an easy one.
Long story short is typically wealthy educated people [I]generally [I] do not kill people.

Guns I think are an easy scapegoat for a much larger issue in America.

http://bjs.gov/index.cfm?iid=4616&ty=pbdetail
Old 04-04-2014, 06:59 PM

Good points, Pipque.

Agreed, Redfrog.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
When seconds count, help is minutes away.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attempt..._Ronald_Reagan "Nobody was killed in the attack..."

Sandy Hook, was not surrounded by armed individuals...at least not until well after the shootings had occurred.

Armed individuals will never be able to STOP a shooting, but they will be able to limit the amount of carnage that an armed shooter can do, especially compared to an unarmed group of victims. This is why soldiers carry weapons in war. They stand a better chance of surviving an engagement if they are armed.

iirw then I thought mr brady passed from his wounds . And if we look at history all the guys with firearms are standing around looking for some one to shoot and an unarmed (not actualy holding a firearm) person took down the shooter , much like in RFK 's passing. So aactually in both thoses cases brave men stopped the shooter not armed individuals. Hmmm bravery in these cases was by far a better response than grabing a fire arm. Who knew ???
Old 04-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Banned

And as an adjunct to Unregistered Users Post, the crime rate in Georgia will go down.

I bet Dr. Lott is already setting up his data base and statistical methodology for peer review.

Talk to any Canadian nurse who has worked in Georgia, their local sisters are all CCW.

And thank you Gus for posting this topic.

Last edited by greylynx; 04-04-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
When seconds count, help is minutes away.
And your still wasting seconds reaching for your firearm. If one Is not busy filling there drawers. Pointless theory see last post.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
So somebody kicks your door in at 2am. Do you grab your gun or call the police and wait a couple minutes.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
iirw then I thought mr brady passed from his wounds . And if we look at history all the guys with firearms are standing around looking for some one to shoot and an unarmed (not actualy holding a firearm) person took down the shooter , much like in RFK 's passing. So aactually in both thoses cases brave men stopped the shooter not armed individuals. Hmmm bravery in these cases was by far a better response than grabing a fire arm. Who knew ???
Jim Brady survived a serious head wound. After his severe brain injury, he became a huge advocate for gun control.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
So why do we send our soldiers to war armed and why do the police bring guns to stop a shooter.

Last edited by expmler; 04-04-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:

Good post Rug. The Piers Morgan wannabe(s) will keep filling their pants and moaning about how wonderfull britain style gun control is.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by guywiththemule View Post
Good post Rug. The Piers Morgan wannabe(s) will keep filling their pants and moaning about how wonderfull britain style gun control is.
x2, I am still trying to figure how a person can be "highly literate" and can't spell or type coherently?
Old 04-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
So somebody kicks your door in at 2am. Do you grab your gun or call the police and wait a couple minutes.
I go answer the door in the aproprate manner fear is the enemy not the person at the door lol if you dont know some one is liable to be showing up miffed you need yer head looked at . I have a few door stops before firearms are required. Imo killing another human is a last resort not a first response. Like with like is my thoughts no bravery in shooting some drunk guy banging on the wrong door
Old 04-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
So why do we send our soldiers to war armed and why do the police bring guns to stop a shooter.
If you need this explaned to you, you are beyond help imo . Did you compare every day life to a war zone or a police reaction to a firearm incident.
K sooo georgia just under 10 million population firearms death per 100,000 =13.5 yep they got firearms figured good 1/3 the poulation of canada with oh give or take 20 × the firearms deaths . Oh but they need more firearms lol really .
Old 04-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
I go answer the door in the aproprate manner fear is the enemy not the person at the door lol if you dont know some one is liable to be showing up miffed you need yer head looked at . I have a few door stops before firearms are required. Imo killing another human is a last resort not a first response. Like with like is my thoughts no bravery in shooting some drunk guy banging on the wrong door
Since you don't know the difference between kicking in a door and knocking on the door I will rephrase.

A criminal enters your house and says "I'm here to kill you wife"

Do you try stop him with a gun or phone the police and wait.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Since you don't know the difference between kicking in a door and knocking on the door I will rephrase.

A criminal enters your house and says "I'm here to kill you wife"

Do you try stop him with a gun or phone the police and wait.
where's your gun?
Closed Thread