Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-14-2018, 09:31 AM

Default In need of ice tents for new immigrant & family fishing day.

Hey Guys, for the last eight years I've run a Family day ice fishing event for families and new immigrants. Last year we had over 80 in attendance! This year with the colder temperatures forecasted I'm in need of a bunch of Tents & heaters to help keep families warm. If you would have a tent that you would be willing to lend me I would be greatly appreciative! I could guarantee that it would be taken care of extremely well and if any damage was done it would be covered.

I'm located in Edmonton and the ice fishing occurs on Family Day on Wizard Lake just prior to the Narrows.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:41 PM

Thanks to the generous donations and lending by four members we have more than enough! Thank you everyone
Old 02-17-2018, 07:20 AM

Old 02-17-2018, 07:46 AM

That's awesome to hear.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
I understand your need to help these people, but they are not immigrants they are refugees. why don't we help our homeless and our military before these refugees. I am going to petition to the provence to waier fishing and hunting licences so I can take our veterans out hunting and fishing . Not people that don't deserve to be here.
This event is open to anyone who would like to attend, due to the location of our church many of our surrounding community is newer immigrants. For many of them it is a chance to integrate into Canadian culture and experience something totally brand new. I'm honored and blessed to give them and many others within our church and community the opportunity to experience something new in the great outdoors.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsesink View Post
This event is open to anyone who would like to attend, due to the location of our church many of our surrounding community is newer immigrants. For many of them it is a chance to integrate into Canadian culture and experience something totally brand new. I'm honored and blessed to give them and many others within our church and community the opportunity to experience something new in the great outdoors.
I deal with new immigrants daily some integrate in to the new life style quite quickly some never do .... but then again I find that there are some people native to Canada that are no better and never will be ... I hope your outing was a great success and hopefully I will be able to help in the future.

mack
Old 02-18-2018, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsesink View Post
Good on you.

Great to see nice people helping others

Sun
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-20-2018, 03:49 PM

Here's a few pictures!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (38.1 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg 27972951_10156328385120530_2120715988659977452_n.jpg (54.0 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg 20180219_130232.jpg (72.4 KB, 149 views)
Old 02-20-2018, 04:39 PM

Looked like good times for all Tim. Lots of smiling faces.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:42 PM

Excellent work, Tim. You are to be commended.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:00 AM
Suspended User

Glad you got some newcomers out. Show them that the majority of us aren't bigoted lowlifes.
I hope to start something similar, that will allow me to share our outdoors with our new neighbors. They "deserve" to enjoy what Canada has to offer.