Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
Talk about juvenile......Hmmmmmm
I do think that his religion would have been an issue and he probably would not have got elected. I do not believe that he could have kept his religion private.

I also think that the PC sprung the opportyunity to take the focus off their terrible record and and make Hunsberger an issue instead. Too bad that many Albertans did not get the fact that there are way more important issues out there than a few evangelicals in their midst.

You were played like a cheap fiddle and now are still talking the giant killing you did with Hunsberger and missed all the rats boarding the ship for another chance at a fat life.
Kind of like the WRP demanding a change then going after Redford for making statements about change?
Old 04-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by riden View Post
Oh good news, my hair is on fire and my feelings are tender. I have noticed you only resort to keyboard jabs when you are losing an argument.
You to?
Old 04-30-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Like many other urban school divisions, the Toronto District School Board continues to struggle with declining enrolment due to private school competition and parents who move to the suburbs..................

While many cities have seen an exodus of students from their public schools, Edmonton experienced the reverse. Because of the many choices available to parents within the public system, there is little need for private school options. In fact, some of Edmonton's public schools are former private schools that joined the public system because of the flexibility provided by the school board.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1520481/

He was regretting and warning against Christian Schools opting into a public system and later being told the public system that they cannot control their own curriculum.

Hullo.....hullo?

Anybody home?
Ohhhhh ok.

So he just included the policy itself for 8 lines to fill up his page. But he wasn't criticizing the policy at all.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
So it would seem.

From Webster's:

In`tolŽer`ant Pronunciation: ĭn`tǒlŽẽr`ant
2. Not tolerating difference of opinion or sentiment, especially in religious matters; refusing to allow others the enjoyment of their opinions, rights, or worship; unjustly impatient of the opinion of those disagree with us; not tolerant; unforbearing; bigoted.
Surprised you had to look that up.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Re-read what you said and then what I said. Then, take a deep breath and say: "I ...was....wrong."

It won't hurt. Promise. Orrrr, you can just continue to ignore it and declare victory.

edit: I do thank you for taking the time to post his quote, though. I didn't know he was making reference to private, Christian schools. It makes much more sense now.
Wanna take your own advice?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:04 PM

Remember this line: "Now every Christian school that has come under the Edmonton Public School board will have to adopt this as well."
----------------
"This", is referring to the policy OF ACCEPTANCE OF GAYS that even the evangelical school in Edmonton Public Schools, will have to follow. Along with every other school in Edmonton Public, in an effort to reduce violence against gays.

That is his message, not the fluff he added at the end you are focussing on. You are just evading the argument.

Geez, you would think they would make an exception at the evangelical school and let them beat the gays up????????

Last edited by riden; 04-30-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riden View Post
Remember this line: "Now every Christian school that has come under the Edmonton Public School board will have to adopt this as well."
----------------
"This", is referring to the policy OF ACCEPTANCE OF GAYS that even the evangelical school in Edmonton Public Schools, will have to follow.
Yep, publicly funded schools will actually have to treat gays like humans. Terrible. And some on here wonder why Wild Rose lost the election? Seriously?

The PCs might be worse, hard to tell, but even the National Post is up in ams about their latest budget bill, a true disaster.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansgunsghandi View Post
Yep, publicly funded schools will actually have to treat gays like humans. Terrible. And some on here wonder why Wild Rose lost the election? Seriously?

The PCs might be worse, hard to tell, but even the National Post is up in ams about their latest budget bill, a true disaster.
Actually the National Post article was about the Federal Conservatives. Not the PC's. But I do agree, that the PC's are indeed worse than the WildRose. As I read the article, it seemed to me that it wasn't so much the National Post that was up in arms, but Andrew Coyne. (and to be fair, he was "up in arms" in more of a typical Canadian shoulder shrugging way)

That Harper...he's making Chretien look like an amateur when it comes to bulldozing legislation through.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Gone Hunting

Okay folks. It looks like you have all had your say and are running out of new things to add.

There's a few too many one line and pointed reply's, so lets end this before someone get's banned.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread