Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-21-2017, 11:34 PM

Default Stolen/Missing Chocolate Lab

Koda is an 11 week old pure breed chocolate lab puppy as of June 19. She has been missing since Saturday June 17, 2017. She was last seen at home in Leduc County, Thorsby area. She was wearing a camo collar with a purple heart with her name on it. She does have a few distinguishing marks. If you have seen her or know of her please let us know. We are all devastated and miss her dearly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Koda.JPG (38.6 KB, 140 views)
Old 06-21-2017, 11:39 PM
Banned

Facebook. As much as I hate it, it's the place to post about dogs.

Keep an eye on local shelters as well, someone may be nice enough to drop it off.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:04 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Hope this turns out well for all involved.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-22-2017, 06:22 AM
Banned

Hopefully you had her microchipped in case she is found by someone. Was there a county tag on the collar?

Did she go missing in broad daylight or darkness.

If it's a country situation and darkness at night is it possible some raccoons or coyotes attacked her?

Sure hope someone does find her. Nice dog.

Was the yard fenced? Or free range into a field?

Check for a local community Facebook page as everyone watches those for robber type alerts and strange vehicle reports. Hopefully your area has that type of page. Fast responses and always watched.

Last edited by Mangosteen; 06-22-2017 at 06:32 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Hope this turns out well for all involved.
yup !!!
Old 06-22-2017, 06:25 AM

Unhappy

I live in the county , I will keep an eye out for her. I hope you find her.

J
Old 06-22-2017, 07:51 AM

Exclamation

Facebook is the best tool there is. There are a few groups devoted just to Lost Pets. Kijiji should be used too.

https://www.facebook.com/LostPetsAlberta/

https://www.facebook.com/Lost-Found-...1488202255218/

https://www.facebook.com/LostPetsLeducAndArea/

If you are not on Facebook, get one of your friends or family to post. These things get shared all over. Wishing you Good Luck in getting your sweety dog back home!!

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 06-22-2017, 08:11 AM

This becoming a lost dog site ? Sorry, thousands of dogs lost every day. Between lost dogs and missing people, wouldn't be room for anything else. Molly, you need to get a Life.

Grizz
Old 06-22-2017, 08:28 AM
Banned

She is probably just being kind by showing examples of Facebook sites delivered on a Silver platter.

I would think not all country pumpkins know the complete power of that teenage site called FeisBuk!

When your in the old age home it's probably gonna be your prime site if your lucky to have WIFI there and a nice IPad.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:45 AM

That sucks, been there. All of mine have made it home. Wishing your does too.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb356 View Post
yup !!!
Yup Yup Yup

BW
Old 06-22-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
This becoming a lost dog site ? Sorry, thousands of dogs lost every day. Between lost dogs and missing people, wouldn't be room for anything else. Molly, you need to get a Life.

Grizz
Have you ever lost anything you cared deeply for, the OP is using every resource possible to find his dog. Your time is coming and I hope no one goes looking for you either.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:

Grizz
I have a life, Grizz. Part of it includes worrying about other folks' lost pets and trying to help out... I wish I had time to address each one I come across, but there are lots of others like me that step up, thank goodness! Even nothing more than a kind word of sympathy means a lot to those in that unfortunate situation. You should try it!!

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 06-22-2017, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:

Grizz
People have recovered their dogs due to posting on AO.

I would hope people would help if my little bugger went missing.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:11 PM

What are the details of the disappearance? Country? Fenced? Free to roam? Happen over night? Not to be a downer, but if it is an outside pup, in a non fenced yard, and the pup went missing at night, I'd bet 95% chance the coyotes feasted on chocolate lab pup that night. I hope that is not the scenario.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:22 PM

Here is another pic of Koda. She was taken from the family farm sometime between 3:30 and 9:30 pm this past Saturday, while we were away in the city. There is no doubt that someone came onto the farm and took her.

We appreciate the support of other's from this site. My children are extremely upset about the fact that someone took her. You never know, someone from here may see or hear something that will find her.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:33 PM

Exclamation

Everyone keep an eye out for a female chocolate lab puppy for sale!! That could be what the scumbags are up to who took her.

And keep yer paws crossed!!!!

Old 06-22-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
People have recovered their dogs due to posting on AO.

I would hope people would help if my little bugger went missing.
Missing dog is one thing, the people that get my goat are ones, like the guy that dropped his sick dog of at the SPCA, cause he didn't want to deal with it.

Grizz
Old 06-22-2017, 07:01 PM

Koda 2.jpg

Here is the picture
Old 06-22-2017, 07:49 PM

Thanks Molly for the sites to add to it has been done.

Well I was going to leave things and not go to the level of Grizz, but being what we are going through with the kids and seeing what he has posted needs to be addressed. Maybe Grizz, you will learn after all the posts that you have been in, that there are other things that have a strong meaning to, for those involved. Now you can say what you like, on the computer and hide behind it. But if you really want to help, then come here and explain things to the kids why you would posts the comments that you made. Think before you speak is something you should have learned a long time ago. Also if you have nothing good to say then don't.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:51 PM
Banned

Any Eagles in the area that can swoop down and get the pup?

Hopefully you have a driveway alert alarm such as the Dakota Alert system that records intruders and sets off alarms to your cell phone if on the farm.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:26 PM

No eagles in the area have been noted. We also have a big dog and he hates coyotes. Chickens were out throughout the day and none were missing or any cats. Kodak stayed at the house all the time. I had left here a few times when I was working int the field and always found her where I told her to stay. Also in talking the breeder he stated it was highly unlikely that she would have wondered off after bonding so well with the kids and family.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:45 PM
Banned

The only other two things I can think of is rat and mouse poison bars kicking around under graineries and other places or if the pup crawled under something and could not get out.

My wife left lots of bars around under horse trailers and around storage areas last two years and it's hard to get them all cleaned out.
Dogs love those.

My Chesapeake when he was ten weeks old went under my wife's Z4 and got caught under the left front wheel well after climbing over some arms and I had to dig a big hole to get him out. He yelped like crazy so was easy to notice for the first ten minutes.

If it was taken it most probably is locals who knew you had a beautiful dog. Inside job.

Let's hope that dog is returned fast.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:53 PM

Has Koda been found?? Any leads?

Old 06-28-2017, 12:06 AM
Gone Hunting

Interesting.

Our neighbors lost a Chocolate lab female pup a few days ago. She vanished from their yard while they were away, which is unusual because they have a grown male and he does not leave the yard.
Unusual because they had been together for a couple of weeks and she followed him around like he was her best friend.

He was home when they got back, she was not.
Only thing is, their pup was only four months old.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 06-28-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Missing dog is one thing, the people that get my goat are ones, like the guy that dropped his sick dog of at the SPCA, cause he didn't want to deal with it.

Grizz
What does that have to do with your complaining about a forum member trying to find their lost dog?

I also notice you have started a thread about lost dogs. LOL C'mon Grizz! You just had a bad day.

Last edited by Okotokian; 06-28-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:38 PM

No luck yet in searching of Koda. The kids have taken this pretty hard. Unreal the impact that a little pup can have on the kids and family. The kids have made up some more posters and were handing them out. It makes them feel good that they are trying to find her. Thanks for the support.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:40 PM
Banned

That's heartbreaking. Hope you guys find her. There's a special place in hell for anyone that would steal a dog.