Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-26-2017, 11:50 AM

Default x plan for buying truck question

Bought my last 2 trucks at Denham ford as I knew the sales manager there but he is gone.
Anyone know of how this x plan works? Also, when are the most rebates available when buying? Vehicle is 2017 f350

Thanks
Old 06-26-2017, 12:41 PM

When I was in the auto industry I was taught that the best time of year to purchase a vehicle is in July, reason being is that, they want to bring in new inventory, and the manufacturer wants to move it! This is when the manufacture will offer large rebates and/or low interest rates, and the dealers are more inclined to discount current year models!
Old 06-26-2017, 02:19 PM

Thanks. Confirms what I thought.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morinj View Post

When I was in the auto industry I was taught that the best time of year to purchase a vehicle is in July, reason being is that, they want to bring in new inventory, and the manufacturer wants to move it!
Funny... I know 2 different owners of car dealerships (Acura, & Chev/GM), and they've both told me Aug/Sept. I was best-friends with the son of the owner of the Acura dealership (I even worked there), he's now the General Manager.

Reason being, dealers will ALWAYS have new cars coming in July/Aug and once they get there the dealer NEEDS them gone... Not "wants"...

I bought my truck in November actually (2013), and wanted "last years" model. The dealer agreed & wrote a contract that I signed, and when they couldn't deliver the older (2013) vehicle they gave me a 2014 for the same price !

Last edited by J0HN_R1; 06-26-2017 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:11 PM

I would think late summer/fall as the 2018 start to roll in the dealer wants to get rid of 2017 inventory. The date likely varies with the manufacturer and even the vehicle.

What the selling price on a standard F150 these days anyway? I swung by a dealership and the cheapest quad cab XLT they had on the lot had sticker of $50k. Seems a bit steep.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1 View Post
Bought my last 2 trucks at Denham ford as I knew the sales manager there but he is gone.
Anyone know of how this x plan works? Also, when are the most rebates available when buying? Vehicle is 2017 f350

Thanks
Yes as a John Deere employee I buy all my vehicles with x-plan pricing.
It's basically below dealer invoice and Ford pays them a commission to the dealership.
July has employee pricing. Which is quite often a better deal than x-plan.
My daughter has a new car on order and will see what's the best deal when it shows up.
Pm me if you want anymore info.