Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2017, 12:19 PM

Default Danielle Smith just released a "not for public disclosure"

Danielle recieved an unmarked envelope on her desk that contained the following.
I have more questions than answers so hoping for some insightful comments.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDV_mpyU...jpg&name=large
Old 06-27-2017, 12:25 PM
Banned

Ouch. That looks ugly.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Ouch. That looks ugly.
You mean the spelling and grammar? Agreed!
Old 06-27-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Ouch. That looks ugly.
Thats all we get out of you?

Maybe this was the email kenney was talking about
Old 06-27-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Map Maker View Post
I'm in the same boat as you - more questions than answers at this point, and looking forward to the discussion. I'm sure that Rugs will have more to say eventually.

I guarantee you that my interest is piqued!
Old 06-27-2017, 12:45 PM
Banned

Are you putting your name and reputation on this being factual? And how did you come about this?
Old 06-27-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Are you putting your name and reputation on this being factual? And how did you come about this?
https://twitter.com/ABDanielleSmith

She tweeted it.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:53 PM

Is it so hard to proof read things? Get a couple of friends to go through it, too, and point out any errors.

Geez!

(FWIW, I think it's probably a valid WR document because of the spelling and grammar, in addition to the perspective provided)
Old 06-27-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post
Is it so hard to proof read things? Get a couple of friends to go through it, too, and point out any errors.

Geez!

(FWIW, I think it's probably a valid WR document because of the spelling and grammar, in addition to the perspective provided)
Just the way it's written with "To support or derail the merger of the two conservative parties while buying their memberships in each party..." and "It is critical that you cannot be seen as influencing or meddling in their voting..." It seems to me that this is an NDP damage control document exploring the outcomes of what would happen in a successful merger of the two conservative parties and possible impact outcomes for possible leaders.

The fact that the writer addresses buying memberships in "their" parties and not interfering or "meddling" in "their" voting to me tells me that this is not a PC or WR document.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecutter View Post
What is she in politics for when she doesn't understand what what NOT FOR PUBLIC RELEASE means!

I can't believe how stupid she is. Unnamed folder, dropped off on her desk, she has no idea if it was the janitor or a disgruntled mail room employee who dropped it off there?

Sheesh.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:05 PM
Banned

This will have little to no affect on the situation due to the fact that the media will not report it. Sad but true.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:16 PM

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 06-27-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
What is she in politics for when she doesn't understand what what NOT FOR PUBLIC RELEASE means!

I can't believe how stupid she is. Unnamed folder, dropped off on her desk, she has no idea if it was the janitor or a disgruntled mail room employee who dropped it off there?

Sheesh.
Ummmm she isn't in politics anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
This will have little to no affect on the situation due to the fact that the media will not report it. Sad but true.
She is in the media she works at a little known progressive station know as QR77 in Calgary.

Anyone who thinks the NDP wouldn't disrupt the political processes of the opposition has their heads in the clouds. Look at the dirty tricks they are playing on taxpayers.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 06-27-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecutter View Post
Just the way it's written with "To support or derail the merger of the two conservative parties while buying their memberships in each party..." and "It is critical that you cannot be seen as influencing or meddling in their voting..." It seems to me that this is an NDP damage control document exploring the outcomes of what would happen in a successful merger of the two conservative parties and possible impact outcomes for possible leaders.

The fact that the writer addresses buying memberships in "their" parties and not interfering or "meddling" in "their" voting to me tells me that this is not a PC or WR document.
While I agree that "their", as spelled, was used correctly, the plethora of other grammatical and spelling errors doesn't support your postulate.

It could be anyone, or any organization, or just a joke. I'll wait for more supporting info.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:

Sheesh.
Im sure she knows where it came from.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:44 PM

Looks like it was created by Leela Aheer's camp. LOL It's all about how great she is, the worse threat the NDP could come up against. Vast majority of Albertan's have no clue who she is. This appears written by her camp. According to this "document", she would do better than either Jean or Kenney.

I swear she wrote it herself. Look at the list of leadership attributes: "Is well dressed at all times". Jean and Kenney aren't? "Has more solar panels on her home than the entire NDP caucus". How would a consultant know that? Why would anyone think that is important?

This doc is a plant. Fake news.

And JB Consulting isn't even a political consultancy. It's Julie Butcher, who is an executive coach in Vancouver.

Last edited by Okotokian; 06-27-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
Ummmm she isn't in politics anymore.

She is in the media she works at a little known progressive station know as QR77 in Calgary.

Anyone who thinks the NDP wouldn't disrupt the political processes of the opposition has their heads in the clouds. Look at the dirty tricks they are playing on taxpayers.
It's well known in the WRP that NDP'er's are buying up memberships to try and block the merge. They only need to get 25% of the vote. My advice for people on the sidelines who want to see a united party. Buy WRP memberships and vote for the merge.

Would be nice if after this is all said and done you can only be a voting member in 1 political party to keep stuff like this from happening.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Map Maker View Post

Maybe this was the email kenney was talking about
What more do you want? Looks like an internal NDP memo (with typical political attack points) outlining some possible scenarios they could face in the next election, or it could be a complete fabrication.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:02 PM

“A comprehensive analysis of a political poll conducted by JB Consulting…”

Man that is some “top shelf” work! Articulate and insightful, not to mention professional looking!

That watermark…MY EYES! THEY BURN!

At least they ran speeell check to add to the validity and realism of such a heinous document!
Old 06-27-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
It's well known in the WRP that NDP'er's are buying up memberships to try and block the merge. They only need to get 25% of the vote. My advice for people on the sidelines who want to see a united party. Buy WRP memberships and vote for the merge.

Would be nice if after this is all said and done you can only be a voting member in 1 political party to keep stuff like this from happening.
That's actually in the membership requirements for the NDP.

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1456499125

I don't think it's the same for all other political parties in the province, as I have friends who are members of the PCAA as well as the Alberta party, and I know the WRP and PCAA have members of both. I see the Liberal party allows you to only be a member of the Liberal party of Alberta.

http://www.albertaliberal.com/join_our_team
Old 06-27-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Looks like it was created by Leela Aheer's camp. LOL It's all about how great she is, the worse threat the NDP could come up against. Vast majority of Albertan's have no clue who she is. This appears written by her camp. According to this "document", she would do better than either Jean or Kenney.

I swear she wrote it herself. Look at the list of leadership attributes: "Is well dressed at all times". Jean and Kenney aren't? "Has more solar panels on her home than the entire NDP caucus". How would a consultant know that? Why would anyone think that is important?

And JB Consulting isn't even a political consultancy. It's Julie Butcher, who is an executive coach in Vancouver.
Yep, I think you are right on the mark. I had to Google her and I do keep up pretty good.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post
That's actually in the membership requirements for the NDP.

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1456499125

I don't think it's the same for all other political parties in the province, as I have friends who are members of the PCAA as well as the Alberta party, and I know the WRP and PCAA have members of both. I see the Liberal party allows you to only be a member of the Liberal party of Alberta.

http://www.albertaliberal.com/join_our_team
That's just when you sign up... If you think the left hasn't been buying memberships to both the PC party and now the WRP in an attempt to sway the vote, then you haven't been paying attention.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:33 PM

Where is Derek Fildebrandt in all of this?
Old 06-27-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:

Uhhhhh......I am going to have to fully agree with you again. That is exactly my impression......written by her camp to bring to light the "unknown up the middle" candidate........an attempt to create an Andrew Scheer moment as her strategy....snakey cagey strategy..........but poorly executed, due to weak engrish skills.

The list of her pluses is a mile long versus the others.......even has the "has not put her foot in mouth" one......that alone tells me this is from her camp.
Also since when is a poll of 1000 comprehensive??

When it comes to light, it might be that Leela Aheer is jumping to the liberal camp as leader.....where she should have been from the start.

Ackwardly clumsy execution...........but lets see if it fools the public and see how fast the CBC and liberal media pick this up and pump the hell out of it.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:45 PM

Thumbs up Well Done !

Quote:

Yup ... it's a plant all right!

And the usual AO suspects are eating it up!

Selkirk
Old 06-27-2017, 03:05 PM

Unless a document - any document from ANYWHERE is signed by someone it means absolutely nothing to anyone as far as validity goes .
Cat
Old 06-27-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
That's just when you sign up... If you think the left hasn't been buying memberships to both the PC party and now the WRP in an attempt to sway the vote, then you haven't been paying attention.
Giving one's word may mean little to you, but many Liberal and NDP party members do take such a thing seriously.

As a member of "the left" I'll say that there is no feeling of need to derail the process of self/mutual destruction the WRP and PCAA have themselves on, and no desire to donate money to either faction in that carnival run by drunken squirrels. There is a leftist sub-group that is investing in popcorn and lawn chairs to aid in watching the fiasco unfold, though.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
Where is Derek Fildebrandt in all of this?
Uniting liberty.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/poli...-liberty-group
Old 06-27-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:

Sheesh.
I saw delivery boys, AK 47 and KJB
Old 06-27-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Looks like it was created by Leela Aheer's camp. LOL It's all about how great she is, the worse threat the NDP could come up against.

You CSI skills are lacking.

JB Consulting is a legit firm
http://jbconsultants.ca

Though i dont know about the parents that would name their kid Jerry Berry.

Your idea makes sense about Leela but to leak fake news is pretty slimy. So i cant believe that.

I think it was done by an NDP supporter but not part of the party.