Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-11-2012, 12:29 PM

Default Saskatchewan Snow Goose Hunting Recommendation

Hey Guys,
Anyone have a good fall hunting recommendation for snow geese in Saskatchewan. We are thinking of heading out with a few clients. Any good guide recommendations and best times is appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-11-2012, 12:45 PM

Are you looking for an outfitter or just a general area on where to go??
Old 04-11-2012, 12:47 PM

Looking for an outfitter.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:05 PM

Default snow's

What part of the province are you looking at going. any outfitter along hiway 16 would be a good recomendation. for what i seen this year already it wont be hard to get on good hunts this fall. I would recommend central sask but that is my opinion.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:16 PM

Were heading out this coming Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Should be a great time! We are doing it on our own. Do you have any decoys of your own?

Lethal Prostaff Member
Canadian Waterfowl Prostaff Member
Sillosock Prostaff Member
Pure Gold Chokes Prostaff Member
Lynch Mob Calls Prostaff Member
Wolverine Guns and Tackle
Old 04-11-2012, 08:07 PM

Default goose hunt

Check out Luckylake Hunting Adventures.Guys name is Garett.We just spent the weekend with him and had an awesome spring snow goose hunt. He is out by Diefenbaker lake.Everything was supplied,all we had to do was bring the guns and ammo.Very standup guy.Four of us went out and had a blast.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:16 AM

Thanks for the inout so far. We have some snow decoys, but not enough for a big spread. We are taking a few clients, so we need to spend more "PR" time and won't have as much time to try and setup shoots, so this is why we are looking for an outfitter. At this point I am open to anywhere and not favouring one area in particular. Any additonal comments would be grwatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-14-2012, 10:34 AM

Anyone have experience with Prairie Rose Outfitters? They seem to put some big numbers of birds on the ground.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:54 AM

Default praire rose

They were always my competiton they do put alot of birds on the ground and craig knows his stuff about snow goose hunting. He runs a tip top show for what i have herd and seen. If you want a chance at millions of birds thats the place to go. His houseing arrangments are just west of the quill lakes, id say anytime from sept 16 to oct 16 would be prime time. maybee see you down there if you go in that time period.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:00 PM

Thanks for the tips guys. Craig is definately more $$ than others, but his web site has some rediculous pics.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:43 AM

Just came back last night. We shot a lot of geese out there. Very hard to decoy. They were in such huge numbers that they are jumping fields every 1-2 hours. So we used a couple hundred silo socks and would set up in between and pass shoot. But some of them would give us a good look. I'm no outfitter but have been shooting ducks and geese for 30 years. Whites are tricky. Best we find is to be mobile. I'd take you out. We had lake that was 3 miles long and a 1/4 mile wide that was solid whites. Only saw one other guy out there. He was from king west guiding. The guys an a....,,"@&!'. Bothers you constantly. Drives out in the middle of your shoot to ask what your plan is. These guys have no ethics. Send me pm if you want any info.