Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-21-2010, 12:19 PM

Default bear hunting around grand cache

I have a few questions. I am going bear hunting in the grande cache area, and i was wondering if any 1 would have some advice on spot or time of day is the best. I am only going for a few days so baiting is out of the question. spot and stalk it is goin to be but i have never hunted bear but i heard that is a good area. if any 1 has any advice it would greatly appreciated thanks
Old 04-21-2010, 01:37 PM

I use to live up there,I would go out in the evenings and watch the cut line and cut blocks.I used to see a few around the winandy area.

timba
Old 04-21-2010, 03:01 PM

Default bear hunting

I would drive hiway 40 north of grand cache and glass the slopes, you will see bears. Hope your in good shape because it is straight uphill. Another good idea is to have a guy on the hiway to keep you going in the right direction, it can be tough to tell exactly where you are once you start the climb. Good luck
Old 04-23-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienelliott View Post
I have a few questions. I am going bear hunting in the grande cache area, and i was wondering if any 1 would have some advice on spot or time of day is the best. I am only going for a few days so baiting is out of the question. spot and stalk it is goin to be but i have never hunted bear but i heard that is a good area. if any 1 has any advice it would greatly appreciated thanks
Get on any of the bush roads around, lots of bears just hit the pipelines where it greens the fastest. Just for advise your not allowed to bait in these zones! Afternoons and evenings are best in early season.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:01 PM

Planning a trip up there may 6th & gonna be in Kakwa area . Any thoughts on that area ??? Is it greening up yet ?? Going by myself as my partner backed out.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNING737 View Post
Planning a trip up there may 6th & gonna be in Kakwa area . Any thoughts on that area ??? Is it greening up yet ?? Going by myself as my partner backed out.
grass is comming up havn't seen anybears yet but i'm sure their around only going from camp to the rig
Old 04-24-2010, 09:38 AM

Rockymountainmusic nailed it, put lots of miles on. Last week of May is a great time to spot the big guys. Tons of bears in the Kakwa area and from what I've heard from a few hardcore bear hunters is there are lots of color phase Yogi's in that area. Be prepared to see a few grizzlies as well guys.