Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-11-2010, 10:14 PM

Default Pine Coulee

Read the latest post on Pine Coulee and it was 5 days old. Anyone been out there since? Am going to take my son out tomorrow and see what we can get into. Would like to land a Burb or two for a dinner. We have only fished from the bridge so far when out there. Any opinions on where is better for the Burbot? thanks for all the info.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:25 PM

I think it's hit and miss right now but should pick up soon. Buddy and I were out last friday and burned 3 1/2 tubs of minnows on walleye and caught a bunch of burbs at night, also got mugged of our groceries a quite a few times to though. We took the family out the following Sunday and it was the worst fishing ever for that lake. So time will tell. Hopefully you hit it on the good day. By the way, everyone else on the lake we talked to the day we were slaying them hardly caught anything, even the guys beside us. When they drilled holes within 5 feet of us they caught fish. Just got to be on the pocket I guess. We fished 70 yrds off the pillar in the middle of the bridge, south. Hope that helps!
Old 02-12-2010, 10:41 AM

I seem to have luck there, I go straight out from the boat launch, drive past the bridge take first left drive till the road start to turn away from the water, you will see the sign for the launch, turn left and go straight onto the lake. hit about 25' water and away you go. If you are looking for Burbs, I found I caught them about 5pm, but with the sun up longer now, I would try about 6pm, and I try to stay until about 10pm.

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 02-12-2010, 11:20 AM

We were out yesterday evening until 8:00. Only one small burb but close to 20 walleye from about 5:30 to 7. We were fishing just left of the boat launch 20 FOW.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:55 AM

Whats the fishing like under the bridge compared to the boat launch?