Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2012, 07:20 PM

Default Kwik Kerb

Have any of you gone with this continuous concrete edging? I'm curious about the cost and overall review of it. I need something for around my trees. In total, I'll need about 100 feet of it.

I understand that the final product will depend on the skill of the person doing the edging but knowing of a good contractor, I'm just wondering if the product was worth the price you paid.

Thanks!

http://kwikkerb.org/index.html
Old 05-29-2012, 07:42 PM

My father in law did it in his yard. Looks good and he was happy with the price. Not sure the overall cost, but if I recall it might have been between 6-8 bucks per foot... but don't quote me. Neighbor's place also looks good with it around the flower beds etc.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:18 PM

Thanks, dadof5. I figured if it was a good product and others were really happy with it and it was $10/ft and under, I'd go for it. I think it'll save my trees from the lawn and weed trimmer while looking good doing it.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:27 PM

We just had it done in early May, we live in GP and we had Shane from Contours Creative Curbing do ours and i have recommended him to anyone who ask's about our yard, he has actually done about 6 houses in our cul-de-sac. It cost us just under $1K for 75' that included the weed barrier cloth and continous cable ran in the curb for strength and color and stamping. Our color was not that dark and that is where you can start paying big $$. Shane's number is 780-814-1502, give him a call not sure where ur located but, perhaps he can point u in the right direction.

Cheers!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:44 PM

Thanks, Bundo1980. Good to hear it turned out well. That's what I'm after. I was out looking at other houses, getting a look at different products people are using, and the yards with this edging and curbing looked really nice. I think I just made up my mind.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:32 PM

I have it put in at my house put in by a company called Creative Curb. Not sure if they are around anymore. Cost was approx. $1200 for about 100'. We just put in the standard finish concrete to match the sidewalks but you can get any color you want. We've had it for about 17 years and only one piece cracked. They put it in in a continuous piece and then cut it in 2.5' lenghts. A couple of pieces sank over the years but all you have to do is take it out put some gravel under it and you're good to go. Basically zero maintenance. Love it.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:38 PM

Really happy with mine as well, looks sharp and serves its purpose. I have mine as a Barrier between grass and mulch or rock, works great. I used the curbinator out of Ardrossan.