Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-11-2017, 04:47 PM

Default Cz 527 American pricing?

Was in wholesale the other day. The sticker on a cz 527 American was 1600 ish... and the varmint was around 1200... seems odd both 223's. anyhow later that day I picked up a nice lightly used american 223. Just wondering what you think the average 'going' rate is for one of those used.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:52 PM

I think you should have bought a tikka in a 223. Oh well when we go coyote hunting i will let you have the close ones.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:54 PM

This isnt the answer you are looking for but the 527 carbines are cheeper. Only paid 850 for my cz 527 carbine in 7.62x39 very happy with the rifle so far
Old 10-11-2017, 04:55 PM

Haha one day. Kinda stumbled across this.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husty View Post
This isnt the answer you are looking for but the 527 carbines are cheeper. Only paid 850 for my cz 527 carbine in 7.62x39 very happy with the rifle so far
Yea already bought an American for a better price.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Git r Done View Post
Yea already bought an American for a better price.
But mine was NEW!!!
Old 10-12-2017, 09:08 AM

A new 527 American should be 8-900. Whoever posted the price at ws is smoking crack. Even at 40% off for liquidation it would be over priced.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:53 AM

Don't mean to hijack this thread...but does anyone know who might have a 527 Varmint in stock, in 17 Hornet?

I'm warming up to the idea of getting one.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:59 AM

Prophet river ordered mine for me. They were cheaper than Wolverine that had one in stock.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogger View Post
Don't mean to hijack this thread...but does anyone know who might have a 527 Varmint in stock, in 17 Hornet?

You will love it.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:

Prairie Gun Traders had one the last time that I looked. They were asking around $1000.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
You will love it.
^that's what I keep hearing.

PGT doesn't show one on their site, maybe I'll call Darren. Thanks for the tip.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
^that's what I keep hearing.

PGT doesn't show one on their site, maybe I'll call Darren. Thanks for the tip.
It looks like they are out f stock now. You might try Corlanes as well as Bashaw Sports.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:

I bought one new, for around 1100$. CZ527 varmint. Even came with a 3 shot factory group. Not at all happy with that choice. A year later, it's much better but what a challenge.

The trigger was not set up at the factory. A set-trigger and sometimes it would set, sometimes it wouldn't set, sometimes when you set it, it would fire as soon as you set it. The 'regular' trigger was so tight you had to use 2 fingers to fire it.

The mag was just punched out and put together. The edges were not finished at all. You put rounds in it and they didn't slide out, they scraped out. Took pieces of brass off as they were cycled. The spring in the mag was also way too tight. A 10 round mag, but you could only get 5 or 6 in there.

lt did not shoot very good at all, between that and the trigger. The 3 shot factory group either came from another rifle or they shot it with the barrel in a vise at 20 feet.

To look at it, at first glance, it is beautiful. But cosmetically only. Typical
third world product, at local prices.

I bought it because I was looking for a 17 Hornet in CZ. Savage makes one but I heard that they have troubles cycling.I found this one and bought it primarily because all the reviews on them was really good. I made a big mistake; I only shot a few rounds through it. Because of all the problems it had. Then got real busy and before I knew it a few months went by. Took it back to Wolverine, (after all, it did have a one year warranty on it) and they wouldn't do anything at first cuz I'd had it so long by then. Had to call the owner of the store. They agreed to send it back on warranty. When it finally came back many months later, the factory repair depot (whoever that is) said it was all within spec. Wolverine was pretty good to me. At first. They sent it to a gunsmith, who adjusted the trigger properly. Still had the clip problem and the bedding problem. They said they would re-bed it for me/fix the stock problem. They emailed me once after I specified to be phoned as I don't check my emails very often. I got back to them and asked to be phoned but no calls yet, 8 months later.

The trigger is really nice, now. Almost as nice as a Tikka. As long as you don't use the set-trigger. The main trigger breaks cleanly, at about 2 lbs. Just where I like it. Almost no over-creep. The set trigger is useless though. About 1/4 in over-travel after it breaks. So I just forget it's there.

I took the clip apart as it was ruining all my brass. Filed/sanded the edges, took a coil off the spring. Not perfect yet, but better, useable at least. Definitely not a Tikka. Need to spend another evening at it.

Looks like I'll have to do the stock repairs myself too.

Just my experience. The reviews are mostly really good. I'm sure I'm the exception. I think mine was made in the last hour on a Friday. Couple that with a 3rd world country product and then paying zero attention to quality control -?

Last edited by aardvaark; 10-20-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:15 PM

That's super weird...

I've owned 4 or 5 527's...

Yea sometimes the triggers require a bit of tweaking (2 or three simple screws) and I'll admit that sometimes the actions need a few rounds to smooth out...

But each of these guns has been a way better shooter than a comparably priced Tikka..

As for the OP 527's seem to go from 1050-1200. Pricing seems outta whack at WSS
Old 10-20-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvaark View Post
I bought one new, for around 1100$. CZ527 varmint. Even came with a 3 shot factory group. Not at all happy with that choice. A year later, it's much better but what a challenge.

The trigger was not set up at the factory. A set-trigger and sometimes it would set, sometimes it wouldn't set, sometimes when you set it, it would fire as soon as you set it. The 'regular' trigger was so tight you had to use 2 fingers to fire it.

The mag was just punched out and put together. The edges were not finished at all. You put rounds in it and they didn't slide out, they scraped out. Took pieces of brass off as they were cycled. The spring in the mag was also way too tight. A 10 round mag, but you could only get 5 or 6 in there.

lt did not shoot very good at all, between that and the trigger. The 3 shot factory group either came from another rifle or they shot it with the barrel in a vise at 20 feet.

To look at it, at first glance, it is beautiful. But cosmetically only. Typical
third world product, at local prices.

I bought it because I was looking for a 17 Hornet in CZ. Savage makes one but I heard that they have troubles cycling.I found this one and bought it primarily because all the reviews on them was really good. I made a big mistake; I only shot a few rounds through it. Because of all the problems it had. Then got real busy and before I knew it a few months went by. Took it back to Wolverine, (after all, it did have a one year warranty on it) and they wouldn't do anything at first cuz I'd had it so long by then. Had to call the owner of the store. They agreed to send it back on warranty. When it finally came back many months later, the factory repair depot (whoever that is) said it was all within spec. Wolverine was pretty good to me. At first. They sent it to a gunsmith, who adjusted the trigger properly. Still had the clip problem and the bedding problem. They said they would re-bed it for me/fix the stock problem. They emailed me once after I specified to be phoned as I don't check my emails very often. I got back to them and asked to be phoned but no calls yet, 8 months later.

The trigger is really nice, now. Almost as nice as a Tikka. As long as you don't use the set-trigger. The main trigger breaks cleanly, at about 2 lbs. Just where I like it. Almost no over-creep. The set trigger is useless though. About 1/4 in over-travel after it breaks. So I just forget it's there.

I took the clip apart as it was ruining all my brass. Filed/sanded the edges, took a coil off the spring. Not perfect yet, but better, useable at least. Definitely not a Tikka. Need to spend another evening at it.

Looks like I'll have to do the stock repairs myself too.

Just my experience. The reviews are mostly really good. I'm sure I'm the exception. I think mine was made in the last hour on a Friday. Couple that with a 3rd world country product and then paying zero attention to quality control -?
I have owned two 527 Varmint rifles, one in 17 hornet, and one in 223rem. Both had a bit of creep in the trigger which I easily adjusted out. Both triggers were then excellent whether or not the set feature was used. The 223rem average around 3/3" for five shots at 100 yards, and the 17 Hornet was around 5/8" , both with my handloads. The magazine was a little rough with the 17 hornet, and fine with the 223rem.
Old 02-03-2020, 01:00 PM

Default cz

yap those cz's are good shooters