Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Is it time for us to be able to protect ourselves reasonably?
Yes! The draconian laws disadvantaging the intended victim of crime must end. 105 92.11%
I am unsure. 5 4.39%
The police will protect me, I do not need to protect myself. 2 1.75%
No! 2 1.75%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
That second one looks like someone applying for an RPAL.
Indeed!

Or simply any Canadian.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham View Post
What?

If an officer came upon yourself tonight the first thing said would surely be "Sir, have you been drinking?" My guess is something much stranger than booze...

Just because you did not hear of something does not mean it did not occur. There was a home invasion just the other day in North Edmonton wherein the events described in the original post of this thread transpired. Just type "home invasion north edmonton october 2013" or some such into your favourite search engine.

Now child, here it is ~ The police want a law to protect PSD's above and beyond other animals. I have heard calls for this, yet nothing for true allowances for people to protect themselves.

I am not typically a fan of answering a question with a question... Yet your drivel does not deserve that common courtesy - Why would you bother reading and posting to this thread/poll if you dislike its content? Why would you give of your precious time to come here and post mire instead of clicking on over to a different thread? Because you want a reaction? Silly.

Why am I bothering to reply to your nonsense? Because I feel generous tonight. It is but one of my good deeds today.

Aim next time, you aren't hitting on any points from-the-hip. Stay out of this thread if you don't like it. Especially if you are going to make accusations and be a, what's the word?

TROLL!

He wasn't questioning the rape of a woman or home invasion, he was questioning what the case of the K9 being knifed in the line of duty had to do with this thread- and frankly , so am I.
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 10-10-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham View Post
Indeed!

Or simply any Canadian.
Indubitably, we have it exceptionally tough here, Sir.

One must seriously question the motives of a bureaucracy which forbids paranoid shelled-ovule-occupations from running amok, particularly given that we are already entitled to protect ourselves by reasonable means.

I am remiss at not having fled this dangerous and albeit rather negligent land a fortnight ago. Henceforth we may be brothers, bonded by that great necessity of protecting our castles against those who would scale their walls.

You may call upon myself and my steed at your leisure.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:13 PM

Holy cow your lordship perhaps a nip of claret too many. Halloweens coming you better keepyour guns at home, lone ranger, english bob, whatever
Old 10-11-2013, 05:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
He wasn't questioning the rape of a woman or home invasion, he was questioning what the case of the K9 being knifed in the line of duty had to do with this thread- and frankly , so am I.
Cat
Right on target dude....unlike the OP who is way out in the paranoid extreme
FAR right field.

FTH
Old 10-11-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeguy View Post
that second one looks like someone applying for an rpal.
lol
Old 10-11-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Hip View Post
WTF does the death of a police service dog have to do with protecting one's
home and family from the scum of society?

From what I know the police service dog was slashed with an edged weapon
when the guy was attempting to flee from the EPS.As far as I know there was
no instance of home invasion/burglary/break in/theft and on and on.So why is this thread with the really stupid poll(that is equally useless) even posted?

There was no home invasion/Burglary etc so WHY try to link the unfortunate incident of a police service dog getting killed in the line of duty with the subject matter of this thread?

EPIC FAIL.

And to the OP if you are so paranoid about the law enforcement authorities of this country seizing your firearms maybe you should just bury them in the ground on a large acreage.

FTH
The OP's point was not to compare the death of a police dog to protecting your family, he is confronting the immediate outcry and proposed legislation changes due to the death of the dog as opposed to the lack thereof in the case of the home invasion.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:02 PM

I am quivering in my boots at the immenent threat to life and well being every day in this violent Canadian nation.... I am glad there is people like you out there posting on the internet in chat forums to further your cause. I am looking forward to leaving my house without fearing for my life when your internet postings gain enough traction to bring in full on dissolving of gun control laws.

I am eagerly awaiting the moment I can feel at peace because I have two 357's in holsters when I go to pick up a fudgsicle from acrooss the street in my violent middle class neighbourhood.

I will also need a hand gun to answer the door when the girl guides come sell cookies door to door.

lol hahahahahaha.. Nice post rocky
Old 10-11-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79ford View Post

I will also need a hand gun to answer the door when the girl guides come sell cookies door to door.

lol hahahahahaha.. Nice post rocky
Their prices are criminal.

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 10-11-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Indubitably, we have it exceptionally tough here, Sir.

One must seriously question the motives of a bureaucracy which forbids paranoid shelled-ovule-occupations from running amok, particularly given that we are already entitled to protect ourselves by reasonable means.

I am remiss at not having fled this dangerous and albeit rather negligent land a fortnight ago. Henceforth we may be brothers, bonded by that great necessity of protecting our castles against those who would scale their walls.

You may call upon myself and my steed at your leisure.
This is a tremendous post! By far the best you have ever concieved...

Congratulations!

Please conduct yourself in this manner for all future writings.

Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 10-11-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Cat
This thread is a homage to cyclical logic and other "silly threads"...

Enter at your own risk Sir!

The point is that every special interest group wants their own Laws.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmike123 View Post
The OP's point was not to compare the death of a police dog to protecting your family, he is confronting the immediate outcry and proposed legislation changes due to the death of the dog as opposed to the lack thereof in the case of the home invasion.
This is it Sir. On the money, exactly! Other aspects of this thread may well have been implemented for comedic affect, this aspect is not.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:54 PM

It is sad that some folks here deem fit to compare a desire for freedom with paranoia. I am not responsible for other peoples reactions to myself.

Simply because you may not have been touched by violent crime and seen some things that many would consider traumatic does not mean that others are in the same situation. Nor do I believe a thread on this site will revolutionize Canadian political decisions concerning firearms.

Maybe I'll read about something horrid happening to someone with such a thought process/attitude in the paper next week. In fact I will. Week after too, so on and so forth. No law will help those who will not help themselves directly, yet even the unarmed would be better off and less likely to be victimized by reasonable laws.

Criminals certainly shall not vamoose unscathed when messing with someone like gutline homestead nor myself and that is a fact.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
That second one looks like someone applying for an RPAL.
haha nice!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmike123 View Post
I'm wondering how some aren't understanding this..