Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-21-2014, 07:53 PM

Default Lol

I am a little bit curious why nobody talks about the fact that there is no more FORD truck or DODGE truck or whatever ...

All that car manufacturers are doing is outsourcing the components to different vendors and assemble it in a factory.
For example Audi Q7, Porsche Cayenne and VW Touareg share the same chassis, called platform 52. On top of that some compenents are shared as well. So nice to see that if I want a Porsche I have to pay the brand name on top of that, but if I go cheap and buy the VW I get the same car at a cheaper price. The 3.0L engine that powers those SUV is one and the same, i cant remember who builds that one but a simple web search will come up with an answer.
Funny that not many people know VAG is the company which owns VW, Audi, Skoda and Seat, and Porsche own part of VAG.

ANother fact is that BMW X5 shares the same transmission and 8th speed gearbox with AUdi Q7, gearbox that was bought by Dodge and now you can see it on the 1500 trucks. Funny is that none of the manufacturers are building that gearbox, it was designed and built by a small german engineering company.

My personal opinion is that a search should be done before buying a truck and one's opinion should not be trusted. I had a 2500 HD and a F-250. I hate Ford's with passion but that does not make them bad vehicles ...

My best advice is if you know someone at a dealership or owns a dealership they keep maintenance records.
Would be interesting to see maintenance records vs sales province wide ...

Good luck in your search!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel S. View Post
I am a little bit curious why nobody talks about the fact that there is no more FORD truck or DODGE truck or whatever ...

All that car manufacturers are doing is outsourcing the components to different vendors and assemble it in a factory.
For example Audi Q7, Porsche Cayenne and VW Touareg share the same chassis, called platform 52. On top of that some compenents are shared as well. So nice to see that if I want a Porsche I have to pay the brand name on top of that, but if I go cheap and buy the VW I get the same car at a cheaper price. The 3.0L engine that powers those SUV is one and the same, i cant remember who builds that one but a simple web search will come up with an answer.
Funny that not many people know VAG is the company which owns VW, Audi, Skoda and Seat, and Porsche own part of VAG.

ANother fact is that BMW X5 shares the same transmission and 8th speed gearbox with AUdi Q7, gearbox that was bought by Dodge and now you can see it on the 1500 trucks. Funny is that none of the manufacturers are building that gearbox, it was designed and built by a small german engineering company.

My personal opinion is that a search should be done before buying a truck and one's opinion should not be trusted. I had a 2500 HD and a F-250. I hate Ford's with passion but that does not make them bad vehicles ...

My best advice is if you know someone at a dealership or owns a dealership they keep maintenance records.
Would be interesting to see maintenance records vs sales province wide ...

Good luck in your search!
Respectfully. I was interested in forum members opinions. I was interested in thoughts folks here might have between specifically the F150 and Sierra 1500 not German made autos. A search typically includes all sources available them up to and including outdoorsmenforum. It's great practice to probe many opinion bases. There was some constructive feedback I found very honest and truthful here that a biased media source may not provide for one reason or another.
Why one vehicle is made or owned by various outsourced and manufactured parts similar to this, that or the other one is a topic of discussion for another thread perhaps. Trade deals amongst manufacturers, governments etc has been going on for a very long time and that topic can be expanded greatly no doubt. It's intertwined in the name of business and it's nothing new really.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknorthernjk View Post
Respectfully. I was interested in forum members opinions. I was interested in thoughts folks here might have between specifically the F150 and Sierra 1500 not German made autos. A search typically includes all sources available them up to and including outdoorsmenforum. It's great practice to probe many opinion bases. There was some constructive feedback I found very honest and truthful here that a biased media source may not provide for one reason or another.
Why one vehicle is made or owned by various outsourced and manufactured parts similar to this, that or the other one is a topic of discussion for another thread perhaps. Trade deals amongst manufacturers, governments etc has been going on for a very long time and that topic can be expanded greatly no doubt. It's intertwined in the name of business and it's nothing new really.
I do apologize, I wasn't trying to offend or hijack, I was trying to express my opinion. Ones opinion can be contaminated with emotions, bad experience with a lemon/dealership .....
I presented a German car manufacturers review because at that time I was shopping for an import.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:52 PM

1500 GMC with the 5.3 ....... 4" lift and 33's ........ that's the way to go .......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_00000037 (1).jpg (31.1 KB, 31 views)
Old 04-01-2014, 11:06 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by madatter View Post
LOL and who is?

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2014/01...mber-2013.html
From these numbers it sure looks like Ford outsells Chev/GM
But maybe you know more than these guys....

Truck threads crack me up....Does anybody really give a s...t what the other guy drives
Numbers and websites can be misleading...
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2014/04...s-in-2013.html