Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Banned

Default Some people...

I have had a rifle for up for sale on the forum for a bit now.
Ive got a lot of messages, seemingly all starting with the words I AM VERYY INTERESTED. lol
The rifle is new, and some want more pics, pics of the bore, pics through the scope yatta yatta...
After I take and email these pictures I get responses, I WANT IT, or I AM VERY INTERESTED..... But then never hear back from them. ORR 'WHats your bottom line, then offer a hundred dollars below that. lol The rifle is brand new, and the package is over $300 less than retail.
The last guy, left me his number to call him, I did, and we reached a deal. I even through in a few things for free to sweeten the deal. We discussed when we would meet. He was coming down from Fort Mac. Said he was looking at a couple rifles that day.
Just as I got off the phone, I text him my address, and added to make sure he brings hid PAL.
A minute later, I get a text back," U picky on PAL i got a copy of my papers, but havent received my card yet"
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? uh ya, Im sticky on it. Would he go into cabelas or WSS and say the same thing? UNBELIVEABLE
DO others run into this selling rifles, and or way to many tire biters?
I am almost ready to take the thing down

Old 04-01-2014, 11:16 AM

I must of missed that one. What calibre? I AM VERY INTERESTED!!!
Old 04-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Banned

What is it? Will you ship it for free?My wife has a P.A.L.I`m not sure where she lives now but I could Facebook her.All women are on Facebook.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:30 AM

It happens...I ask for a picture of the PAL to be emailed or texted to my phone.

Yes you need to be "sticky" on the subject or requiring a PAL....

LC
Old 04-01-2014, 11:34 AM

Be careful on meeting at your home address. Better off at a mutual place like Cabelas. I've heard of guys posing as buyers and then 2 months later you get broke into and conveniently only your guns are gone. Hmmmmmm

Only people I trust come to my home.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods Runner View Post
Be careful on meeting at your home address. Better off at a mutual place like Cabelas. I've heard of guys posing as buyers and then 2 months later you get broke into and conveniently only your guns are gone. Hmmmmmm

Only people I trust come to my home.
For sure.A lot of guys getting mugged from buying stuff on Kijiji and meeting them at their"adress"Be carefull out there.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Banned

I guess I am protected in that sense. There is almost no chance someone could break into my place. I am on an above ground floor of a very secure condo building.
But point taken..
Old 04-01-2014, 11:47 AM

Any time you try to sell something, it happens. These low-ballers are probably the same guys who try selling their beat-up old rifles at $50 above retail. And the guys who send a couple of PMs back and forth with you, and then drop off the face of the earth...frustrating, but they're always there. Be patient, a legitimate buyer will come along eventually.

Anyone should know that PAL is required to purchase a firearm. You do need to, well, "stick to your guns" on that one.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 04-01-2014, 11:52 AM

Not trying to be contrary, but why don't you put high quality pics of the gun from every imaginable angle on your ad to begin with? Eliminates having to play a stupid email dance.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:52 AM
Banned

I guess, I expect too much
The sad thing is, he said he was going to look at other rifles, from sellers on here.. I bet theyll be ****ed when they find out he doesnt hold a valid PAL
Old 04-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Not trying to be contrary, but why don't you put high quality pics of the gun from every imaginable angle on your ad to begin with? Eliminates having to play a stupid email dance.
I tried, but because my phone takes such high resolution pics, the files are to big to add here.
only way to send other pics than what I have up is email
Old 04-01-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerHappyHippy View Post
I tried, but because my phone takes such high resolution pics, the files are to big to add here.
only way to send other pics than what I have up is email
You need a photo bucket account...

I take pics with my iPhone too.