Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-15-2022, 08:19 AM

Default Jigging Jaw Jacker Replacement wheel

Hey Everyone,

Wondering if anyone has ever ordered replacement wheel for their Jigging Jaw jacker. I broke the center piece on my small jigging wheel and looking to get it replaced. I emailed Jaw Jacker about a replacement but wondering if anyone has ordered them somewhere else.

Thanks
Old 03-15-2022, 08:36 AM

Find someone with a 3D printer and make a replacement. You could also change the wheel a bit to make your own jigging cadence if you wanted.

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 03-15-2022, 08:41 AM

I've heard that from someone else never done anything with a 3D scanner before.
Old 03-15-2022, 09:05 AM

I had a similar need a couple weeks ago, except I wanted another wiggle wheel that I could customize a bit...I wanted to make it a bit more agressive. I ordered one directly from JawJacker, I couldn't find a replacement wheel anywhere else.
Old 03-15-2022, 04:48 PM

I have four of the Jaw-jacker jigging bases so I took and modified two full sets of the wheels so I have different options to try.
Old 03-15-2022, 07:06 PM

I add to mine motor speed controller from amazon so I can fine tune it for whitefish. Also I made spare wheel with aluminum hub and replaceable acrylic wheels. It is not that difficult if you have an access to lathe.
Old 03-15-2022, 08:01 PM

What wheels are everyone’s go too? I like the “tooth” myself, this is the one that looks similar to a crudely drawn fish. Just wondering what everyone else uses?!
Old 03-15-2022, 09:11 PM

We caught a 41” laker on the small wheel this weekend with a 9” herring.
Old 03-17-2022, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linemanpete View Post
What wheels are everyone’s go too? I like the “tooth” myself, this is the one that looks similar to a crudely drawn fish. Just wondering what everyone else uses?!
I change wheels until I find one that is producing. I watch them reacting on the camera. Pretty interesting to see what moods they are in from day to day. I have 2 wiggle wheels I customized to give a tad more bounce too, somewhere between the factory wiggle and the factory tooth wheel. They were on that yesterday, wouldn't touch anything else. I even experimented swapping different rods with different jig/bait setups and they would hit anything as long as it was moving from that custom wheel. Makes one really scratch their head sometimes. If we could post videos I could show you the one I was running yesterday and the action of the bait from it.
Old 03-17-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_NK28 View Post
I change wheels until I find one that is producing. I watch them reacting on the camera. Pretty interesting to see what moods they are in from day to day. I have 2 wiggle wheels I customized to give a tad more bounce too, somewhere between the factory wiggle and the factory tooth wheel. They were on that yesterday, wouldn't touch anything else. I even experimented swapping different rods with different jig/bait setups and they would hit anything as long as it was moving from that custom wheel. Makes one really scratch their head sometimes. If we could post videos I could show you the one I was running yesterday and the action of the bait from it.

I would love to see your custom wheel and video of it in use. I spent the last 3 days staring at a camera critiquing the motion of the bait. So you bought a replacement set of wheels and modified them? Just dremeled off some meat? You can upload to YouTube. I may post some of the videos. Pike, unsurprisingly are cool to watch. Whitefish are frustrating to see so much on camera and never have a hit. Watched a walleye lay there for 5 minutes an inch from my bait with the wiggle worm on. As soon as I touched it, he swam off. Lots to learn for this new ice fisher.
Old 03-17-2022, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic1 View Post
I add to mine motor speed controller from amazon so I can fine tune it for whitefish. Also I made spare wheel with aluminum hub and replaceable acrylic wheels. It is not that difficult if you have an access to lathe.
What did you do to your wheel for whitefish. I saw a hundred on camera and some circled my bait but never gave it a serious look?
Old 03-17-2022, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays toyz View Post
I would love to see your custom wheel and video of it in use. I spent the last 3 days staring at a camera critiquing the motion of the bait. So you bought a replacement set of wheels and modified them? Just dremeled off some meat? You can upload to YouTube. I may post some of the videos. Pike, unsurprisingly are cool to watch. Whitefish are frustrating to see so much on camera and never have a hit. Watched a walleye lay there for 5 minutes an inch from my bait with the wiggle worm on. As soon as I touched it, he swam off. Lots to learn for this new ice fisher.
I have 4 of the jigging bases so I customized two sets of the wheels to give me multiple options. I just drew out what I wanted and took a bit off at a time. I kept testing them until I got the movements I wanted. I used a vertical belt sander and a flat belt sander but I'm sure a dremel would work fine.
Old 03-17-2022, 07:00 PM

I had one break. I got hold of them and they sent me the set of 3 for free, warranty. Sweet
Old 03-17-2022, 07:03 PM

U can also just log onto jawjacker website and order replacement wheels or other parts.
Old 03-18-2022, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old dog View Post
U can also just log onto jawjacker website and order replacement wheels or other parts.
I ended up doing just that. I ordered a couple extra wiggle wheels to whittle down once i have some idea what I want from them as well as a replacement spring. I will have to rig up a keeper string for the spring.
Old 03-18-2022, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I ended up doing just that. I ordered a couple extra wiggle wheels to whittle down once i have some idea what I want from them as well as a replacement spring. I will have to rig up a keeper string for the spring.
I epoxied the spring to the base. Never coming off.
Old 03-18-2022, 07:16 PM

Quote:
What did you do to your wheel for whitefish. I saw a hundred on camera and some circled my bait but never gave it a serious look?
This shape of wheel combine with reduce speed moves wire worm slow and smooth with pause.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4573.JPG (176.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4574.JPG (140.8 KB, 40 views)
Old 03-18-2022, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
I epoxied the spring to the base. Never coming off.
The spring is only required for longer rods 35"-42". With shorter rods it is not needed as they stay in contact with the wheel fully. The longer rods need the spring to force the front up for the rear to stay in contact with the wheel. You can get all the info you need on how to set them up correctly by watching the owners videos on youtube. He gives lots of good advice on running the setups.
Old 03-18-2022, 09:38 PM

Quote:
PM me your cel # and I'll text you a video of it in action.
Old 03-19-2022, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic1 View Post
This shape of wheel combine with reduce speed moves wire worm slow and smooth with pause.
nice work thanks for sharing!