Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-12-2015, 09:48 PM

Blah blah blah you're the Avs last year you're going to be the Avs next year....enjoy the six extra games Corporal Calgary
Old 04-13-2015, 12:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Blah blah blah you're the Avs last year you're going to be the Avs next year....enjoy the six extra games Corporal Calgary
Perhaps, time will tell. But i don't have time to think of "next year". i am busy trying to round up affordable tickets for Willy.

You on the other hand have the opportunity to sit around and groan about the last decade. Time to ponder what exactly happened to this once great franchise. Time to wonder just why a rookie from Calgary managed to out score EVERYONE on your storied team. You can navel gaze over the fact Dubnyk wasn't good enough for the team with all the cups but seems to have caught fire with the Wild.

Your very fortunate to have this time. With no pressure of the playoffs, i am sure a answer is at hand and you can prevent a whole decade of futility rather than just the 9 years you currently stand at.

Good luck and don't hurt yourself thinking to hard.

Jamie
Old 04-13-2015, 06:59 AM

Default C'est beau Jamie

Clear , concise to the point . No one likes a sore loser , and for sure
A repeat loser .
Nothing stirs the emotions more than Dogs and apparently Hockey .

Edmonton your on the Tee !,,
Old 04-13-2015, 08:42 AM

Canuaks and flames first round battles have been classics. I expect the same this year.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Perhaps, time will tell. But i don't have time to think of "next year". i am busy trying to round up affordable tickets for Willy.

You on the other hand have the opportunity to sit around and groan about the last decade. Time to ponder what exactly happened to this once great franchise. Time to wonder just why a rookie from Calgary managed to out score EVERYONE on your storied team. You can navel gaze over the fact Dubnyk wasn't good enough for the team with all the cups but seems to have caught fire with the Wild.

Your very fortunate to have this time. With no pressure of the playoffs, i am sure a answer is at hand and you can prevent a whole decade of futility rather than just the 9 years you currently stand at.

Good luck and don't hurt yourself thinking to hard.

Jamie
Why you being so mean Corporal Calgary?
Old 04-13-2015, 10:02 AM

Have to say, life in Calgary or being a Flames fan must be awful boring if they get this excited over their team making the playoffs for the first time since 2009. Make it sound like they are the second coming. Took them since 2009, bumbling and fumbling their way along, just to get back in. Laughable.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
Have to say, life in Calgary or being a Flames fan must be awful boring if they get this excited over their team making the playoffs for the first time since 2009. Make it sound like they are the second coming. Took them since 2009, bumbling and fumbling their way along, just to get back in. Laughable.
Thats what happens when your only concern is just being better than the oilers! We will see if they can do some real winning in the playoffs. They should be thankful they didn't draw St Louis, Nashville, Chicago or the Ducks in the first round or it would be very quick. Hopefully just making the playoffs doesn't continue to be like a stanly cup win for the flames and it becomes expected. Time will tell.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:52 PM
Suspended User

Quote:
you say what about the Oil.. lol ...sounds like oiler management to me ..good job ..how many first round picks are needed in Edm ?.....
Old 04-13-2015, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Why you being so mean Corporal Calgary?
Not mean.. Just truthful......
Someone should report you for being so ANTI FLAME.

LOLOLOLOLLL

Jamie
Old 04-13-2015, 10:12 PM
Suspended User

Quote:
Not mean.. Just truthful......
Someone should report you for being so ANTI FLAME.

LOLOLOLOLLL

Jamie
no kidding ..after all this is a Flames thread...
Old 04-13-2015, 10:25 PM
Suspended User

Quote:
not sure anyone on here can reply and be safe ? can we ? sports is a weakness for some of us , I understand passion
Old 04-13-2015, 11:57 PM
Banned

my cousin was the captain of an NHL team for a couple years, no names. When I was young, one Christmas my cousin and I along with Marty Mcsorely, Kevin Mcclelland played a good game at bower ponds here in red deer. I remember being a young lad how big these boys were. Knuckles all beat up and scarred, I seen the passion. My cousin is now retired, never seen him much as a kid as it was always hockey camp, hockey, hockey. I have a 10x10 picture of him smashing Jari Kurri Into the boards and the look on the poor guys face was utter pain! He was captain of the north stars. Thought that might lighten things up a bit in this fury of fans.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:23 PM

Wow...is there ANYONE here who would pay this price? I just can't imagine.

Went to the Hitmen playoff game the other day. Fantastic game. Got two seats 4 rows from the ice in the Club section. To-your-seat food and beer service, cupholder, steps away from the washroom...and it cost me a whopping.....$30 per seat!!!
I've given up on NHL.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:29 PM

There must be way too much money in Calgary. You can still buy tickets directly from TicketMaster, in the lower bowl for less than $500 a pair at GM Place. You could fly to Vancouver, stay in a hotel and fly home for less than the cost of ONE seat at the Flames home game!!

Old 04-15-2015, 04:16 AM

First round tix still available from ticketmaster in van, guess the bandwagon never did fill back up after they burned it. Love how everyone measures their success to the oilers, a perennial bottom dweller, why not use a successful franchise as a measuring stick?
Old 04-15-2015, 11:19 AM

<<anti-flame suit on>>
GO Canucks
Old 04-15-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Cheer up John no need to be so mad all the time

"Always surprised at the people that come here and trash Alberta. Why put yourself through the torture of living here? Start your own thread about why Alberta is the worst place to live and why you stay."

Rugatika
Old 04-15-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybuster View Post
<<anti-flame suit on>>
GO Canucks
I don't think your Nucks will have enough "go" for this version of the Flames...I would imagine the twins are itching to get home as well, they say Sweden is a beautiful place in the spring.

"Always surprised at the people that come here and trash Alberta. Why put yourself through the torture of living here? Start your own thread about why Alberta is the worst place to live and why you stay."

Rugatika
Old 04-15-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Speaking of next year I heard part of Mactavishes end of season speech....not going to change much, happy with the team, not planning to make the playoffs next season, easily the goofiest speech I've ever heard from an NHL GM....should be an easy 5 wins for the Flames next year, I do sort of feel sorry for Oil fans but GFG!!!

Rugatika
Old 04-15-2015, 02:09 PM

The flames are 2-1-1 vs the Canucks this season. Things are looking good over on this side of the Rockies.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishstix View Post
The flames are 2-1-1 vs the Canucks this season. Things are looking good over on this side of the Rockies.
Yeah but they're 0 for 11 on the PP with them. Should be a good series none the less. Could go either way.

If anyone is interested you can fly return to Vancouver for $289 taxes in return with Jump on Flyaways

Fly out Friday at Noon and home by midnight! Tickets are still available and much cheaper in Vancouver.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybuster View Post
<<anti-flame suit on>>
GO Canucks
x2
Old 04-15-2015, 06:20 PM
Banned

GO AWAY Canucks
Fixed
Old 04-15-2015, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhu22 View Post
GO AWAY Canucks
Fixed
Old 04-15-2015, 06:30 PM

Old 04-15-2015, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishunter327 View Post
x2
Only 2?
Flames are gonna win.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Hilarious...apropos, twisted, but hilarious
Old 04-15-2015, 07:37 PM
Banned

I think I am going to pee myself.. I can't wait!!!!!!
24 minutes!

Jamie
Old 04-15-2015, 07:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think I am going to pee myself.. I can't wait!!!!!!
24 minutes!
Jamie
13 minutes now...
Hope its an exciting series!! Its boring when either side is too dominant...

Last edited by drhu22; 04-15-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:06 PM

Anyone know what channel the game is on? Can only find the game in Punjabi on Shaw cable Calgary.